Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• Kebabkid said:
    Fretwired said:
    Right - calm your tits, people. This isn't a religious debate.
    I bet Jesus would have used a Helix .. Kemper's are the work of the Devil .....
    Jesus would've picked the underdog - the Headrush
    Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors - he'd be playing Vertex..
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    Fretwired said:
    Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors - he would be playing Vertex..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    Fretwired said:
    Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors - he would be playing Vertex..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loads of them, by the looks.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loads of them, by the looks.
    Brilliant 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Smart move of triple posting @randerson , I gave you a lol for the humour, a wisdom for the topical truth, and a wow because I could :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Does Stomp do phantom power?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited November 2018
    siremoon said:
    Please could one of the "I'm disappointed with the latest Helix unit and I'm sending it back because the Kemper/Axe/whatever amps/fx/whatever are superior and I'm qualified to say this because at some point  I've owned every model of Helix" people explain why they keep buying new Helix units?   Doesn't make any sense to me.

Mainly because they're appealing units. People like the features, UI, routing and the implementation. It's unparallelled. As much as I'd love to, I can't say that about the tone, just can't...sorry!
    I'd agree. I've used the trial of Helix Native 3 times now as well as an LT a few times and I just can't get what I want out of it. I've managed to get tones I like (with the Placater model which is by far my favourite) but I've had better luck with cheaper software for home use - Mercuriall Spark is doing it for me right now and the built in cab/mic sim is good enough to not need IRs. Not as many fx and I can't take it out the house but the core tones are brilliant for my tastes.

I really want to like Helix as everything else about it is awesome, just falls short where it matters most to me. I'm hoping eventually they will match the tones of Fractal or Amplifire as I much prefer the UI of Helix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    siremoon said:
    Please could one of the "I'm disappointed with the latest Helix unit and I'm sending it back because the Kemper/Axe/whatever amps/fx/whatever are superior and I'm qualified to say this because at some point  I've owned every model of Helix" people explain why they keep buying new Helix units?   Doesn't make any sense to me.

Mainly because they're appealing units. People like the features, UI, routing and the implementation. It's unparallelled. As much as I'd love to, I can't say that about the tone, just can't...sorry!
    I'd agree. I've used the trial of Helix Native 3 times now as well as an LT a few times and I just can't get what I want out of it. I've managed to get tones I like (with the Placater model which is by far my favourite) but I've had better luck with cheaper software for home use - Mercuriall Spark is doing it for me right now and the built in cab/mic sim is good enough to not need IRs. Not as many fx and I can't take it out the house but the core tones are brilliant for my tastes.

I really want to like Helix as everything else about it is awesome, just falls short where it matters most to me. I'm hoping eventually they will match the tones of Fractal or Amplifire as I much prefer the UI of Helix.
    Spark is great, have you tried SGear's Marshall model?
  • sgosden said:
    Smart move of triple posting @randerson , I gave you a lol for the humour, a wisdom for the topical truth, and a wow because I could :) 
    Thanks very generous of you. I think the  'J' word sparked a delay for moderators to asses, while I banged away at my keyboard like the opening scene of 2001 Space Odyssey. It was only on the third go I realised I was being delayed by the thefretboard overlords.
  • You gotta admit the stomp is a top class bit of kit which is what this thread is intended for id love to see you fit a kemper in a gig bag! Lol! For me im a pure tube head roaring loud Friedman live nothing beats that & the feel, punch & dynamics are next level but to be able to have this awesome bit of kit that can go in my gig bag as a back up for amp or fx pedal failure or even take to practise yeh the cabs arent great but try it in the fx return of a tube head its awesome. Gitr- stomp- borrow a head at studio- job done! Simples!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    So, to all with some knowledge...

Ive never used IRs, but Im wondering if they will breathe some life into my crap Helix amps (just jokin, just jokin...)

Now, I play mainly clean, edge of break up (no shredding or heavy rock shit). So, where to start ?
    Helix dual cabs, mix and match speakers/mics and experiment with early reflections. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    If fractal don’t hurry up and release a small size box to compete I can see myself being tempted to try this - looks like a really handy box for rehearsing and  tiny gigs,  a back up for my main board and could replace my bass board all in one box.  
    I’d just prefer to stick to the fractal format I know instead of learning a new system, it does look good though. 
  • @Digital_Igloo does Stomp have phantom power?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    @Digital_Igloo does Stomp have phantom power?
    Very much doubt it, there’s no xlr input
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited December 2018
    randerson said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Fretwired said:
    Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors - he'd be playing Vertex..
    https://i.postimg.cc/MGt2NfyT/Jesuss.jpg
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    All I said was that Modeller was good enough for Jehovah!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Here's a different question! Is anybody using a Stomp with a midi switching system out there?
  • longi said:
    Here's a different question! Is anybody using a Stomp with a midi switching system out there?
    Just setting it up now with my Morningstar MC6.

Or, are you talking about a different type of system? Like a Boss ES-8 etc?
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    longi said:
    Just setting it up now with my Morningstar MC6.

Or, are you talking about a different type of system? Like a Boss ES-8 etc?
    I have Joyo PXL Live, nothing too complex. I was wondering the best way to connect it using 4cm into a switching system.