Scrambler - my new project

What's Hot

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Yeah, the Plumes sounds good. I was looking for something to sit as 2nd gain stage on top of the HX FX Timmy patch, then use the Carcosa or Black Secret for the really heavy stuff. Fits the bill nicely - loads of dynamic options.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    ewal said:
    Yeah, the Plumes sounds good. I was looking for something to sit as 2nd gain stage on top of the HX FX Timmy patch, then use the Carcosa or Black Secret for the really heavy stuff. Fits the bill nicely - loads of dynamic options.
    That's good news, i plan on stacking it with other drives 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    I was in a band called Dutch Alps. We did instrumentals. This was an idea I had for that band, however we never got round to playing it. I think it's a shame that no-one has heard it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Another Dutch Alps tune (that never got played by Dutch Alps). I share this one because it has the most obvious use of the EQD AR.

ewal said:
    I was in a band called Dutch Alps. We did instrumentals. This was an idea I had for that band, however we never got round to playing it. I think it's a shame that no-one has heard it.

This one's extra good. Love the bookend of quiet drums and guitars (and the middle bit too) 
  • Gone through the links you posted. Very nice stuff indeed! I'm on an instrumental buzz these days. Lyrics shmyrics.
    Gone through the links you posted. Very nice stuff indeed! I'm on an instrumental buzz these days. Lyrics shmyrics.
    Same. I'm all about Caspian, And So I Watch You From Afar, Kinski etc. 
    Thanks folks!
  • What horn plugin did you use on some of the older tracks you posted? Would love to get some baritone brass stuff
    The trumpets in Eyeless were done using a VST called sforzando. It's free.

I play trombone in a brass band, so I had a tenuous plan to extend the arrangement and record with some of the band. Think the moment might've passed now. Maybe one day.
  • Ewan your music is superb. The kind of stuff I dream about making but am far too talentless and unmotivated to do do!
    Ewan your music is superb. The kind of stuff I dream about making but am far too talentless and unmotivated to do do!
    I am talentless and unmotivated but I've got pedals, guitars and the will to make noise, and a drummer. First few practices were slow going but now we're absolutely loving the noise we make. Worth just going somewhere to practice and jam out ideas. Nothing else to distract you in a practice room. 
    Ewan your music is superb. The kind of stuff I dream about making but am far too talentless and unmotivated to do do!
    Thanks very much! The motivation is key - lots of effort, lots of absolute garbage and the occasional result that is not an embarrassment! Talent has very little to do with it!
    Still here (occasionally). This is one of my Friday evening happy accidents where I picked up a guitar after beer and (I think) found a tune. I've been working on it on and off since, and it's been a challenging bugger - it just doesn't know what it wants to be. Maybe just leave it be as it is....

Another Friday evening tune that never came to anything. This one was based on the idea of just walking away and never stopping. Tempting concept during lockdown....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ewal said:
    Still here (occasionally). This is one of my Friday evening happy accidents where I picked up a guitar after beer and (I think) found a tune. I've been working on it on and off since, and it's been a challenging bugger - it just doesn't know what it wants to be. Maybe just leave it be as it is....

Absolutely leave it as is, dude. It's beautiful. I can imagine playing some shimmery, ethereal stuff on top using my pedals too
    Love that guitar, too. Been after one of those for years. 
    joetele said:
    ewal said:

Absolutely leave it as is, dude. It's beautiful. I can imagine playing some shimmery, ethereal stuff on top using my pedals too
    Thanks Joe! Think I'm coming to same conclusion. Just need to get it recorded properly and I've an idea for an ending. Was thinking about crescendos and things, but I think this works because it doesn't build. Just meanders, explodes briefly then meanders again.
    I think it's a good 3 act song. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Just listened back to your links again on page 1. Still damn good ! I've been recording a bunch of songs, 4, in a studio near me, mainly me and guitar, and looking to get them mixed before mastering etc!! Nixer?