Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Would you Pay $1000 to play a burst?

What's Hot
So I was checking out the Songbirds museum yesterday and saw they do experience packages, Starting from $200 and going upto $1000 for the chance to play a burst and have it recorded (not forgetting a free t-shirt and a pint) 

Worth it? 

http://museum.songbirds.rocks/experience-packages/
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1678
    edited November 2018
    No.

I have played a few so far, right place, right time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 954
    Hmmmm. I'm sure there are people who would pay for this at all tiers but I'm not sure your person on the street would go for it. But then that may not be the demographic they're targeting. One thing's for sure, they'd better make sure those guitars are impeccably set up...

I guess the studio experience and the choice of guitars is pretty good but it seems like quite the outlay. I'd certainly want more than just the one complimentary drink in my free pint glass. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31865
    Having played a handful of late 50s Les Pauls I'd say it's certainly fairly interesting from an historical perspective, but any 'magic' is most definitely in your own head.

You can buy new guitars which are nearly identical to vintage guitars - it's not a unique experience, like say, driving a 50s Ferrari. 

A grand is a lot for a few minutes of confirmation bias. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Not as bad as it first sounds you get to knock out a quick track in the studio for that. You can play the burst I imagine on the 200 dollar ticket max 3 guitars from tier 1.

possibly do the 200 quid level ticket.

Not as bad as it first sounds you get to knock out a quick track in the studio for that. You can play the burst I imagine on the 200 dollar ticket max 3 guitars from tier 1.

possibly do the 200 quid level ticket.

I couldn't tell if the $200 ticket covered a go in the studio though? Thought that was the $1000. I'd expect a few days in the studio for that though ;) 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14670
    tFB Trader
    No - I've played maybe 1/2 doz original models over the years, maybe a touch more - 

But I can see why some would want to pay for the experience - I'd pay to drive a certain car round Silverstone, so why not take on the LP experience, but I'd pass on this option 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Yes, and have already done so about 500 times. Worth every penny.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    The 200 dollar ticket let's you play an Epiphone Les Paul.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    No - I've played maybe 1/2 doz original models over the years, maybe a touch more - 

But I can see why some would want to pay for the experience - I'd pay to drive a certain car round Silverstone, so why not take on the LP experience, but I'd pass on this option 
    The car vs guitar is apples vs oranges though. Even if you don't crash the car it needs fuel, tyres, brakes and servicing. A guitar may need periodic repairs at most.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I hate to use an old cliche but it does kind of feel like something dentists would do then talk about to their mate who plays guitar but can't afford such nice things. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ossyrocks said:
    No.

I have played a few so far, right place, right time.
    Same here. Nothing changed hands other than a friendly handshake. 

I'd pay $1000 not to be recorded..it could be used in evidence against me....

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
    Garthy said:

The car vs guitar is apples vs oranges though. Even if you don't crash the car it needs fuel, tyres, brakes and servicing. A guitar may need periodic repairs at most.

And strings!
    If it was in the £20-50 bracket it might make a good present to buy a guitarist for xmas etc.

• I remember when i did one of those driving days they said they would stop the session and charge me if I did any wheel spin or sliding. 
    Do you reckon at Songbirds they might tell me off or make me pay for a refret if I did any wild bends, put it out of tune or even worse wore my studded belt  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914

I don't get who this is aimed at.

If you are paying £1k for an experience day surely real vintage instruments are well within your grasp

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    I guess it raises the profile of the Museum, anything to increase funding must be seen as good. Not for me though.
    I suspect the odd rich partner will buy it for thier significant other 'who has everything', as such a couple of grand a year for the museum is a good bet.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12704
    Hahahahahahahaha

Fools are easily parted with money.

No, I wouldn’t.

Its a guitar, nothing more and nothing less.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    I played a vintage LP in a guitar shop a few months back; it absolutely murdered the new reissue version.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5772

if I had $1000 to spend on anything music/guitar related I think I could find much better things to spend it on than a few minutes with a 'burst'.

Sounds like an investment opportunity idea to me.  "Hey lets buy a burst and rent it out by the hour for 1000 bucks a pop, well have made our money back in a few months and we'll also own a burst at the end of it".

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• prowla said:
    I played a vintage LP in a guitar shop a few months back; it absolutely murdered the new reissue version.
    Tell us more please!
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    Unless I'm reading it incorrectly there's more to "trying a burst" in the $1000 "experience" ... for a start it's the only one with no limit on number of guitars to try, has the studio session with a pro band behind you (if you want them), there's a concert in there and a load of photos to remember the day ....

I mean it's still a lot of money (£750 ish?) and no I wouldn't spend that on it ... and I'd rather play a 1920s/30s acoustic than a Les Paul ...