does the high e look too close to the edge of neck

What's Hot

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Being a glass half full kind of guy It could be she just wants rid of it. It does happen.  Ultimately of course the choice is yours but from the sounds of the communication and details given it could all be fine.  I know there are a lot of rip-offs out there and we need to be careful, but it makes the world a bad place if we don't trust anybody.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No but I have her name and address. She has now verinoted her paypal account. Scam or not. I assumed thst as long as payment is made through paypal I will be protected if it's a scam
  • Hi richard she did say that relationship ended badly when I requested receipt as she did not want to speak to ex . She used the word scared. She was able to locate a finance receipt though in her name for the purchase of 2 guitars. A charvel san dimas and other guitar . Total price £1600. She said 2 guitars were bought his and hers. San dimas are around £600 so price works out and she has certainly received an ibanez premium box from richtone
  • vizviz Frets: 10699

You sure it's not parallax error?

you can see that the strings all look as if they are to the right relative to all 3 pickups,  and the right inner edge of the monkey grip I visible, so I think the picture was taken slightly from the left

How come you got a wisdom for that comment when I made exactly the same comment on the page before and I got nothing, and I desperately need one for my thousandth fret?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Will a LOL do?
    :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2014
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy definitely - thanks!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Have a little faith, make her happy and go for it.  There is always a chance it might go wrong, but if Paypal are involved there is a degree of protection.  Happy Easter all round!
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1098

No but I have her name and address. She has now verinoted her paypal account. Scam or not. I assumed thst as long as payment is made through paypal I will be protected if it's a scam
    I don't think you're covered by the paypal buyer protection with this type of transaction?

How far away are your from her? Take an Easter road trip and do the deal in person!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PayPal won't cover you on this type of sale. I personally would avoid it.
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited April 2014
    According to paypal and the classified rules of the selling site purchases are covered. As long as you pay for goods or services you are covered. PayPal gifts are not covered. That's my understanding anyway. Site says paypal offers protection on items posted in the event item is not as described it does not arrive but says this will not apply to personal payments or payments made as gifts
  • Well richtone confirm that they used stock photos of a jem they sold last year so that clears part of the mystery up.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    In all honesty Man up
    with the level of paronoia in this thread nobody will leave the house in a few more years.

Go down with a mate (just in case they are going to mug you :-) Play the guitar if you likey give the lady the money if you dont thank her very much for her time and find another.

You might just get a great bargain if she is desperate to see the back of it and everything about her previous partner.

Job done
    It's definitely definitely the case that she's got the guitar, because richtone hardly ever take pics with "banana" written next to them, and whenever they do, they almost never send those pics to her. And the fretboard edge thing doesn't seem to be an issue. For me it's a question of whether it's hers to sell.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    edited April 2014
    I looked at this thread in amazement that so much could be written about a top E being too close to the edge of a finger board somewhere.....

But now I'm hooked!

Is she real or a con-artist?

What did the ex do that was so bad?

What is a woman doing owning a pointy guitar, even if she is a player?

Will the OP meet her, fall in love and the two of them live happily in locking-trem, correctly-aligned neck heaven for ever more.....

Please keep this going.... My life was empty before this.....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have sent her more messages in the last few days than I ever sent to my wife . Wife's come and go but bargains such as these come but once in a lifetime
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wouldn't trust PayPal that much.. They are a pack of bastards and have left me high and dry twice this year already.

on a seller that sold me counterfeit goods despite me gathering all the evidence. I lost my money. Luckily not a large sum though.

They can be good though but it's still a risk to have it posted. At least on this site you can gauge who is a good seller of not before taking a punt. Gumtree etc are a minefield.

Just my thoughts.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    imageshe must think i am some sort of nutter
    Should have asked for melons
    ;;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Buy it!  Buy it!  Buy it!.......
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Send her a link to the forum so she can fight her corner haha. She might hit it off with the guitar butcher and we can all go out any buy hats ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not worried it's counterfeit now. Just want to make sure she sends the bloody thing.