does the high e look too close to the edge of neck

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Maybe being over-cautious here but perhaps ask her to take a photo of her sick daughter next to a piece of paper with the word "horton" on it?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Just kidding, I think it's legit, and let's hope the daughter is ok and she ships the guitar as soon as she can.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've deleted the messages after she sent me the one this morning as It appeared all was well with your sale.

Only to come home and see you're having difficulties already.

But that's exactly what she's told me.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    It will all be fine, looking at it from her side maybe she has mistaken your nervousness for someone who's going going do PayPal chargeback as soon as you receive the guitar?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Update number 2 of the day - I have now received a preloved message with a  24 hour parcel force tracking number (thank god its not a citilink one) and a message (not an angry one which is good)  so things are moving which is good (number does not track yet but hopefully its all good).

As soon as it tracks i will close the dispute. Does anyone know whether royal mail deliver on Saturday

@Fortheloveofguitar - cheers for doing that - i should have thought of asking someone here to do that yesterday.

• sunshinewelly;214877" said:
    Update number 2 of the day - I have now received a preloved message with a  24 hour parcel force tracking number (thank god its not a citilink one) and a message (not an angry one which is good)  so things are moving which is good (number does not track yet but hopefully its all good).

As soon as it tracks i will close the dispute. Does anyone know whether royal mail deliver on Saturday

@Fortheloveofguitar - cheers for doing that - i should have thought of asking someone here to do that yesterday.
    No worries mate.

Parcel force don't deliver at the standard 24 hr delivery charge on a sat.

She would have had to gave paid the £12 Saturday surcharge. So unless she's done that you won't see it until tues.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72380
    I think that if it does turn out to be completely legit and you get the guitar, you should politely let her know that this carry-on is an object lesson in how *not* to sell anything online, since she's managed to raise just about every red flag there is so far, short of only taking payment by Western Union.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1098
    Royal Mail deliver on Saturday and so do ParcelForce ;)

However, if they've not paid extra for the Saturday service you'll only get it on a working day which will be Tuesday now.
  • Did I not say that her uncle is from Nigeria
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roll on Tuesday
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited April 2014
    Poor guitar will be sat in a cage for 4 days. :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1098
    wibble;214892" said:
    Royal Mail deliver on Saturday and so do ParcelForce ;)

However, if they've not paid extra for the Saturday service you'll only get it on a working day which will be Tuesday now.
    Is there an echo in here? ;)
    damn my slow typing :(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibble;214904" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

wibble;214892" said:Royal Mail deliver on Saturday and so do ParcelForce ;)

Is there an echo in here? ;)

damn my slow typing :(
    The amount of times I've done that and then deleted long posts ha ha.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited April 2014
    Poor guitar will be sat in a cage for 4 days. :(

It's al right they don't get too mad, as long as they get a good playing at the end of it, through an amp loud enough to deafen the neighbours.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l;214930" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Poor guitar will be sat in a cage for 4 days. :( It's al right they don't get too mad, as long as they get a good playing at the end of it, through an amp loud enough to deafen the neighbours.
    The parcel force depot is the guantanamo bay of the guitar world.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l;214930" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Poor guitar will be sat in a cage for 4 days. :( It's al right they don't get too mad, as long as they get a good playing at the end of it, through an amp loud enough to deafen the neighbours.
    The parcel force depot is the guantanamo bay of the guitar world.
    It's ok, I've got the lads ready to raid the Guantanamo parcelfarce bay depot, the guitar will be liberated before dawn.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Cheers to everyone who advised and put up with my ramblings
  • sunshinewelly;215118" said:
    Cheers to everyone who advised and put up with my ramblings
    It's not over yet mate. We will hold our breath in anticipation of Tuesdays delivery.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    edited April 2014
    Fortheloveofguitar;215125" said:
    It's not over yet mate. We will hold our breath in anticipation of Tuesdays delivery.
    Will the OP do an omnibus edition?
  • My gut feeling says this one will work out fine - good score sunshinewelly!
    The artist formerly known as WeAre138 at MusicRadar