Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Had any bizarre injuries?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
I had a bizarre incident a few weeks ago - I damaged a toe dropping a fish finger on it! The finger in question was frozen and somehow it just hit me in the wrong place causing a vein to go blue and stick out, it was rather uncomfortable for a few hours. Mrs A laughed hysterically when I said I had injured my foot with a fish finger.

had any weird injuries?
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28505
    I have a scar on my wrist from a piece of cauliflower. I was snapping a bit off for the rabbits and it gouged me. I didn't much like cauliflower before, and I like it less since. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I cut the end off my finger with a cheese slicer once.

i also chipped my tooth with spenby musculator!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Yes.........You couldn't make it up ;
    After a bad motorcycle accident in France I was hospitalised in Bourg -en -Bresse .
    A skin graft , serious concussion and various other injuries kept me in hospital for 3 weeks during which time the bike was repaired and redelivered to the hospital car park - despite being bandaged like a Mummy I was determined to ride home to England.
     Release day comes.....I hobble towards the car park entrance barrier and put my crash hemet on ,gloves etc.
     Security guard stops me at the barrier with questions and commands......crash helmet prevents me hearing properly ,I mutter a few answers but he persists with another volley of questions.
    In exasperation I slowly and painfully remove my crash hemet to hear him better but due to having a broken collar bone and very little skin on my back it was a real effort that I didn't particularly want to make.
    At the split second I remove the helmet the auto barrier arm comes down smack in the middle of my skull and knocks me clean out.
    I awake 30 mins later in the same ward , 11 stitches in my head being treated for concussion.Welcome back!
    And that, folks ,is probably why I'm not the most sane of people .
    23reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I lost an end of one of my fingers in my 20’s chopping up a ninebar using a guillotine.

I also chipped one of my front teeth around the same time biting off the twisty bit at the end of a joint.

Drugs are bad kids!  ;-)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    I’m not sure if these count as bizarre or just stupid...

As some of you will already know, this summer I broke my arm quite badly - by tripping over while I was running back to my car to stop a traffic warden putting a ticket on it.

Many years ago I drove a screwdriver almost right through the tip of my left middle finger by being too lazy to clamp a machinehead I was trying to undo in a bench vice - it flipped over when I was pressing down hard on the screwdriver.

Doh!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    I've got a scar where I had stitches nearly all the way round the base of my right index finger.

When I was about 9 or 10, I was playing with an electric mangle, as you would, and got my finger trapped in it. Almost a "degloving". 
    The stitch marks have faded, but when I was younger were very Frankenstein, like I'd been built from parts.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not bizarre but a bit ouch. Got pushed backwards off a jungle gym aged 10 and fell on my arm. Shattered the elbow and my arm bent totally backwards as if double jointed. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    I used to go to disco nights at a hospital where some of my mates worked, in the vague and frankly unrealistic hope of pulling a nurse. We used to do this stupid coordinated dance routine to KC’s That’s the way I like it, where we all stood in a line, jumped around at the same time and then at one point did a karate chop action. I managed to karate chop a guy's pint glass. Cue a deep cut to the side of my hand and lots of blood. At least I was in the right place  :) an off duty nurse took me down to A&E for stitches and said it was the worst chat up line she’d ever seen. Never did pull a nurse, well until a few years back when I met my wife. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    Sounds a tad clumsy!  I never operate fish fingers indoors, I even potter around with all the fish fingers in the fridge.
    It is very rare for me to drop fish fingers at all, not even once a year. 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Fell out of bed and broke my collar bone.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I dropped a caravan onto my big toe - lost the nail and got a compound fracture of the toe.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Ear drops in my eyes. Had to go to A&E for eye  irrigation and the male nurse who was quite camp ripped the piss out of me the whole time.

octatonic said:
    Sounds a tad clumsy!  I never operate fish fingers indoors, I even potter around with all the fish fingers in the fridge.
    It is very rare for me to drop fish fingers at all, not even once a year. 
    Lol
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3034
    Black eyelid

A few days before my first wedding I played 5-a-side football and took my stint in goal. Went in for a challenge, got my head trampled on, but no real damage done.

Got back to the car, looked in the mirror, only to see that my eyelid was turning black.

Everything looked ok... until I blinked!
  • NickLNickL Frets: 153
    Fractured elbow after getting my foot caught attempting to jump over the net on a tennis court while playing football (aged 12).
    I was once turned into a newt...
    ... I got better.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Just be careful with the hoover. They can be more powerful than you think. That's all I'm saying.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2980
    I've got a scratch on my eyeball from when I was hit in the face by an apple. I was up another apple tree at the time.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3034
    Kilgore said:
    Just be careful with the hoover. They can be more powerful than you think. That's all I'm saying.
    Back in the old days it always paid to be near a plug socket in case of emergencies.

Not sure, in these days of cordless.  I guess they could cause a fair bit of bother.

* Cough. Not that I know these things.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    Years ago I chopped the end of my right index finger off in a coal-mining accident the day before my band were due to do our first gig.

They sewed it back on in A&E and put a bandage around it with the end open and told me to go back if it turned black and started smelling bad.

Fortunately it healed.

I got back into playing fairly quickly, holding a plec between thumb and middle finger instead.

Now, many years on, I'm happy doing fingerstyle and rarely think about it.