Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Had any bizarre injuries?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Christ on a bike! So much blood! 
    I had to lie down while the room span round. I'm ok with blood, so long as it's not mine.

Got the splinter out. It was considerably bigger than I expected and had gone in a long way. The ice pack made it painless and much easier to pull out and although I was expecting it to bleed, I really wasn't prepared for just how much welled out.

There's a trail of blood all over the house now that I can't deal with, as it sets me off again.

I'm such an idiot.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316

I was given a black eye by a Les Paul Custom.

I bent down to unplug a pedal and the strap came off the strap lock. I caught the neck as it started to fall and managed to smack the headstock into my eye socket. It bloody hurt, and I looked ridiculous, but no headstock / neck break... Winning!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Playing "cowboys and indians" as a child, I chopped off a slice of my left hand forefinger, nail and all.

Then later got shot through the knuckle of that same hand's middle finger with a home-made bow and arrow.

Fell off the rugby pavilion in primary school, my left arm got stuck and snapped off right below the shoulder.  F-me, that hurt.

Rummaging around in the bush in bare feet, as you do, I stepped on something - massive hole in my left foot.  First doctor poked around inside it with tongs and couldn't find anything.  Three weeks later, in hospital and under sedation, they pulled out a stick similar in size and length as a cigarette (the more successful doctor said).

Got knocked out by this huge metal rocking horse in the park in the town I grew up.  Rode it too hard, lost my rhythm, and it headbutted me straight into the following week.  Algebra never quite made sense to me afterwards.

Later on in life, stabbed myself in the chest a little bit with half a tent pole.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5388
    gubble said:
    I've also slipped a disc whilst sneezing - that wasn't fun and resulted in a 3 years on a waiting list to have a discectomy......
    Should have done it properly.  I sneezed one morning in my teens and ruptured two discs. That got me four weeks 24/7 traction, including the night sister who thought it was hilarious to treat the traction weights like a Newton's cradle. One of the few people I hope had a really shit life.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
     I'm ok with blood, so long as it's not mine.

I'm the other way around, no probs with my blood but other peoples blood makes me feel ill
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I once got slapped around the bollocks with a wooden spoon...

To be fair it wasn't exactly an accident....

Infact I paid good money for it....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    gubble said:
    Tore my frenulum one evening with my ex.........
    You're not going to believe this but so did I!
    Not with your ex though!

Christ, I can still remember the pain to this day.  And the copious amount of blood.  She fainted.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Emp_Fab said:
    gubble said:
    Tore my frenulum one evening with my ex.........

Not with your ex though!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was- she's my ex for a reason........
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    I used to dislocate my shoulder a lot and have many bizarre injury stories as a result.

It's incredibly painful and unfortuately once you have done it once it recurs quite easily. Over time it got progressively worse until one day I woke up in bed abruptly. I was lying on my front, with my arm above my head. My shoulder had dislocated due to the position of my arm and it was the pain from that which woke me up.

I was in a lot of pain already but trying to move my arm was excrutiating. My flatmates were out. I knew I had to get to the phone to call for help, but also knew trying to do so would probably cause so much pain that I'd pass out. So I was stuck there for a while trying to figure out what to do.

Eventually I decided I had to try to move. I grabbed my arm with my other hand and pulled it down. At that point my shoulder popped back into it's socket.

I have never felt so relieved. I had surgery on it a few weeks later.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlmachAlmach Frets: 105
    A chap I worked with fell off a chair while he was working on a light fitting. When he hit the deck the Philips screwdriver he was holding went up through his chin and out his cheek ! Only soft tissue damage thank god.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12403
    While attempting to impress a girl with my reckless cycling as a 7 year old my pedal got stuck in her spokes which threw me over my handlebars and I headbutted a lampost knocking me out cold.

Similar age I was scrumping apples from a garage roof (not ours) and jumped for one before crashing through the asbestos roof and landing on my hip and unable to walk for a few days.  My mum and the doctor couldn't believe I had hurt myself so badly from tripping over a small wall whilst innocently walking along...

One of my friends had a scar by his left eye from being hit by a golf club by his brother.  Some years later we had a boomerang on an empty field and were struggling to get it to come back.  I eventually managed it and as it was coming back was coming back at a serious pace, I shouted run and we did.  He would have been fine running any way but straight forward, which he did right into it giving him a similar scar by his right eye.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, ten days later and my foot was still hurting. Just took off the dressing and had a look- another piece of wood was poking out of the wound! I cleaned it up, applied an ice pack and gave the splinter a gentle tug. Luckily, it came out easily and there was no bloodbath this time. This splinter was only around 10mm long.

It feels considerably less painful now. Hopefully. that's it!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom