Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Had any bizarre injuries?

What's Hot

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited November 2018
    I sat on a toilet in the dark once. 

Thick bleach was still around the walls of it.. 

Japs eye made full on bingo marker blob contact. 

Pain. Jumped off the seat in reaction but... 
    Couldn't hold the poop in apparently, so had to remain seated, reach over, grab the shower head and spray my old fella down whilst I went. 

Unsure what was more painful. The pain, or the mess!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    I broke a crown on a tooth chomping the end off a cigar.

I also managed to pull a muscle in the warm-up for a football match, scored after two minutes, limped off after five and saw my team concede a hatful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    octatonic said:
    Sounds a tad clumsy!  I never operate fish fingers indoors, I even potter around with all the fish fingers in the fridge.
    It is very rare for me to drop fish fingers at all, not even once a year. 
    Ha ha, lol'd that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    In my youth I once, whilst tidying up my workbench, picked up a soldering iron by its tip between my thumb and forefinger. Unfortunately I hadn't switched the damn thing off and took just a moment too long before I realised and smelt the burning flesh. Man that was sore!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Walking the dog on the mountain in Mijas, Spain. Stepped on a small, finger sized, L shaped branch. It flipped up and the other end went straight into my shin / calf. 

I had to break the branch off as I couldn't get it out. Back home yanked at it to no avail, and then a poor nights sleep trying to stop this two inches of pencil sized wood that was in my leg from catching on the sheets.

Found a doctor the next day in Fuengirola (hence the name), negotiated a price to remove the offending  piece of timber. £15 in Pesatas. Cash. Wry smiles.

I hopped (literally) on to the bed, his assistant held me down while he yanked away with various sized tweezers, occasionally looking up at me with increasing concern. 

After several minutes of this he put his tools down and fetched a syringe. It was going to cost more, but he need to cut it out and would give me a local. I lay there negotiating in Spanglish, bleeding. £20. Do it!! 

I still have the scar, and I now always avoid twigs when I walk in shorts. 
    2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Nitefly said:
    I dropped a caravan onto my big toe - lost the nail and got a compound fracture of the toe.

I got hit on the head by a caravan - stepped into a small one at a dealership and it hadn’t been set up on the steadies, I overbalanced the caravan and the door frame cracked me across the top of the head. 

Can I count being spat at in the face by a llama? No lasting injuries but it was incredibly disgusting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've done all sorts (usually doing Martial Arts) however...

I have two parallel grooves in my skull.
    I tripped while running through a room to answer the phone.. headfirst into a radiator. 
    Fractured skull that had to be stapled back together. 

I also have a strange looking scar on my calf- a woman pushed her buggy into the road in front of my bike. I got stopped, but the bike chainring embedded itself in my leg. 
    I lived a long way from hospital, so I washed & glued myself back together again. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
    edited November 2018
    I was in a room in an office I'd never been to before and thought I'd quite like a coffee. There had been a queue at one, so I went looking for another and thought I knew where one was. As I stepped out, I nearly bumped into someone else, so I apologised and stepped the other way and we did that funny dance you do.

I tried to fake the other person out, darted forward and smashed my head on the mirrored wall. The whole event was only a few seconds long but I felt such a prat.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7895
    edited November 2018
    I got into a knife fight with a courgette, and lost.
    took the end of my thumb off.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72488

I have two parallel grooves in my skull.
    I tripped while running through a room to answer the phone.. headfirst into a radiator. 
    Fractured skull that had to be stapled back together.
    That definitely trumps the traffic warden incident. I shall pass my 'stupidest way to break your bones' crown to you in awe :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    scrumhalf said:

I hope you weren't in the process of giving out a Jim'll Fix it badge at the time !
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Remembered this earlier when I stood on some of my daughters Lego:

I managed to impale myself right through my foot by trying to climb over the fence around Princess Street Gardens in Edinburgh. 

I'm sure at the time I had thought it through and reached the conclusion that having Dr Martin boots on would make it fine to stand on the spiky bits.

I don't remember it hurting all that much as I was so pissed, but I do remember the embarrassment at the hospital when the nurse insisted that the tetanus jab went in my arse cheek.

• axisus said:
    I had a bizarre incident a few weeks ago - I damaged a toe dropping a fish finger on it! The finger in question was frozen and somehow it just hit me in the wrong place causing a vein to go blue and stick out, it was rather uncomfortable for a few hours. Mrs A laughed hysterically when I said I had injured my foot with a fish finger.

had any weird injuries?

In ten years of chef life, the worst cut I have ever had was courtesy of a parsnip that had a piece of wood in it for some unknown reason. Gouged a hole in my hand that bled constantly for two hours, meaning I had to keep slapping on a fresh safety glove as the previous would fill up and expand with the crimson flood. 

It might be best if the next forum get-together were held in the canteen of a hospital, with each person intending to attend having completed an admission form, just in case.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    I managed to snap my femur falling off a push bike. I'd just turned 12 and was returning from a compulsory visit to thank a pseudo-relative for a birthday present. The entire summer holiday and more with my leg hung up in traction (pain-free after a couple of weeks, just trapped in a hospital bed harassing the student nurses). One leg slightly shorter than the other to this day.
    Trading feedback: Trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    luckily, I have no sitting down on things accidents that I can recall...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I got knocked off a push bike when in my early 20, by some prat who pulled out on me.  Bike was damaged and I had a large hole in my jeans and a nasty road rash from sliding along the floor, but otherwise ok.  As I walk towards the driver and his car he made to drive off to I stuck the boot in and caused a big dent in the side of his car.  Also broke my toe.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4932
    Dominic said:
    scrumhalf said:

I hope you weren't in the process of giving out a Jim'll Fix it badge at the time !
    Now then, now then...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    I was once smoking a fag whilst on the toilet and, having finished said fag, flicked it between my legs for it go down the pan.
    It made it only as far as the end of my trouser snake and, in a stroke of incredible luck, managed a bullseye right in the centre of the foreskin, where it stuck, burning end in.  I have never moved so fast in my life.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    5reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    I was once smoking a fag whilst on the toilet and, having finished said fag, flicked it between my legs for it go down the pan.
    It made it only as far as the end of my trouser snake and, in a stroke of incredible luck, managed a bullseye right in the centre of the foreskin, where it stuck, burning end in.  I have never moved so fast in my life.
    At last - an explanation!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom