Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anderton's Vertex video

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8538
    edited November 2018

My take is that Anderton must be in living under a rock not to know about the Vertex thing to some level, even if not the gruesome detail.

My next take is that Vertex man has obvious contempt for the pedal buying public, playing on the hype-next-best-thing model that the pedal public can get caught up in.

My next next take is that Andertons have contempt for internet forums and the like, probably of the belief that they transcend the forum population - some of their vids are very dismissive of "forum types" and that skit vid they did recently did on YouTube Trolls was embarrassing in its transparent bitterness - despite their enormous growth being attributed to internet presence.

Mix it all up and you have a situation such as this.

I may well be way off the mark.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    dindude said:

My take is that Anderton must be in living under a rock not to know about the Vertex thing to some level, even if not the gruesome detail.

My next take is that Vertex man has obvious contempt for the pedal buying public, playing on the hype-next-best-thing model that the pedal public can get caught up in.

My next next take is that Andertons have contempt for internet forums and the like, probably of the belief that they transcend the forum population - some of their vids are very dismissive of "forum types" and that skit vid they did recently did on YouTube Trolls was embarrassing in its transparent bitterness - despite their enormous growth being attributed to internet presence.

Mix it all up and you have a situation such as this.

I may well be way off the mark.

Is it not, just maybe, slightly more plausible that Lee had briefly heard of Vertex-gate (which he brought up in the video), didn't know the full extent of it and simply thought - I'll get the guy on, have a listen to his pedals and see what he has to say? Pretty much like he said in his response?

I'm sure anyone who see's the video will see the comments, the internet has done it's thing and warned people (who can now make an informed decision) but put the tin foil hat away.

The Vertex guy is clearly a huge bell-end, Andertons have probably clearly mis-judged the situation but not everything is a huge conspiracy. Sometimes, things are just as they appear.

You are entitled to your opinion though and I'm not saying you're wrong. I just see it differently. If, in time, Anderton's do as Lee said and drop the pedals then fair enough but at least wait and see before summoning the firing squad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If nothing else this has been a baaddd pr move. Anyone who sees this video and checks the comments (like most) is more likely to avoid... So I'm all for keeping it up! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited November 2018
    Well you know what they say , bad publicity is good publicity. Maybe Lee of Andertons is adopting that

Not sure he needs to though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftc said:
    Some folk really do have a great line in being outraged!

So the Vertex guy is a dick. OK, don't buy his pedals. Did he order bombs to be dropped on a hospital? No, so a sense of perspective might be in order.
    Anyone who might boycott Andertons for anything other than a Vertex pedal purchase was probably just looking for an excuse anyway.
    That's an interesting concept of a "sense of perspective". 

Victim: Officer, he demanded money and threatened us with a gun!
    Police Officer: I'm sorry, sir, the yardstick we've been told to apply is whether the offence is as serious as dropping bombs on a hospital.  I'm afraid we'll have to let this one go. Perspective, you see sir.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IMO Mason needs to leave the pedal industry, period. He's not done enough(or anything) to justify forgiveness and no one, including Lee, should help keep him going. I'm not the type of buyer who shops in Anderstons anyway but I'd be averse to buy from Any shop who supports a crook who has been outed numerous times.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited November 2018
    IMO Mason needs to leave the pedal industry, period. He's not done enough(or anything) to justify forgiveness and no one, including Lee, should help keep him going. I'm not the type of buyer who shops in Anderstons anyway but I'd be averse to buy from Any shop who supports a crook who has been outed numerous times.  

Is he that much worse than Behringer?
    I know they haven't lied out right in the same public manner but the blatant cloning and disregard for everyone else's intellectual seems to be going unscolded

Edit - I don't think they have dropped bombs on anything
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited November 2018
    Maybe Lee should talk to Peach 

http://www.peachguitars.com/fx-pedals/vertex-effects-landau-boost-1.htm

I stopped buying from companies supporting Masons come back - the guy continues to lie, he was demoing a certiatone amp as a "dumble" to prove his pedals worth and deleting comments of the guy who owned the amp before the guy loaning it to Mason and various others, basically still a liar still hiding it, deleting comments calling him out, deleting comments of people asking question that are not "wow looks mega" type comments, 

I'll be buying from Peach all day long, I've bought from Andertons in the past, but this video isn't cool, I find it hard to believe that anyone who is about to consider stocking a brand and asks for demo's doesn't at least google them to see how long the company has been around, do they eat babies etc, first hits on vertex pedals are huge amount of complaints, so I'd expect that to raise questions or at least a minor dig into things.

I've known andertons where stocking vertex, but ignored it just out of being lazy and insignificant, but seeing a video like this pretty much allowing Mason to spread his lies, I'm done with them.

Every company will stock brands we don't like or have a problem with, but Vertex is on it's 9th chance and continues to be a lie based business and owner who continues AFTER being exposed (not coming clean) to misinform customers and hide that fact that he's misleading them, I just can't support Andertons using it's significant media profile to support this guy. Gutting as I've had good service from Andertons in the past and it's nice to support "shops" rather than the internet, but this is just not cool. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I was only recently wondering what had become of Mason. Saw Rhett Schull video on YT where Mason built him a pedal board and wondered if Mason had turned over a new leaf. It’s a shame to hear is still spinning the yarn openly on social media.

The way this has respectively been dealt with by Peach and Andertons says a lot. 
  • Not sure if the text on Peach's website is new or not, but I'm almost certain that they stated that stance a long time ago when the truth was revealed. So whilst the web page content may be new, it's simply being updated to reflect a position that they've held for a while.

I admire the way Peach is run. Just more my type of people.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IMO Mason needs to leave the pedal industry, period. He's not done enough(or anything) to justify forgiveness and no one, including Lee, should help keep him going. I'm not the type of buyer who shops in Anderstons anyway but I'd be averse to buy from Any shop who supports a crook who has been outed numerous times.  

I know they haven't lied out right in the same public manner but the blatant cloning and disregard for everyone else's intellectual seems to be going unscolded

I've read enough about Uli Behringer (esp the recent lawsuit) to refuse to buy anything they make too if that helps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Not sure if the text on Peach's website is new or not, but I'm almost certain that they stated that stance a long time ago when the truth was revealed. So whilst the web page content may be new, it's simply being updated to reflect a position that they've held for a while.

I admire the way Peach is run. Just more my type of people.

it's very old. It was there when I bought my Fender amps from them, which was a good few years ago. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    juansolo said:
    That place... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is.
    And as if to prove a point here's a direct quote from the gear page thread...

"I understand it completely. It's just wrong, because you're just not using reason."

You have been warned.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    IMO Mason needs to leave the pedal industry, period. He's not done enough(or anything) to justify forgiveness and no one, including Lee, should help keep him going. I'm not the type of buyer who shops in Anderstons anyway but I'd be averse to buy from Any shop who supports a crook who has been outed numerous times.  

I've read enough about Uli Behringer (esp the recent lawsuit) to refuse to buy anything they make too if that helps. 
    Is this when he tried suing an employee of another company and about 20 unnamed Gearslutz members for defamation?
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    all this aside I have tried a couple of his pedals and they were a bit poo, really lightweight, felt cheap apart from the Vertex Wah which being entirely made by someone else, then cuntingly rebadged by Vertex is actually a very fine wah.

Worth trying if you can find one for sale !
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I can understand why some people are upset at this guy, and to some extent with Lee. 

However....

If you are absolutely convinced that he will repeat his past behaviour, then Lee has just offered all Vertex pedals for free. Buy one. Or two, three or four, you will get a full refund, it's there in writing! 

If you think Lee is right and he has turned over a new leaf then don't buy one, but don't complain about Andertons selling them. Fair enough to raise this guy's past, but also fair enough to give him another (one last) chance?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    mgaw said:

Worth trying if you can find one for sale !
    Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Fuengi said:
    I can understand why some people are upset at this guy, and to some extent with Lee. 

However....

If you are absolutely convinced that he will repeat his past behaviour, then Lee has just offered all Vertex pedals for free. Buy one. Or two, three or four, you will get a full refund, it's there in writing! 

If you think Lee is right and he has turned over a new leaf then don't buy one, but don't complain about Andertons selling them. Fair enough to raise this guy's past, but also fair enough to give him another (one last) chance?
    Really ?

He must have had a dozen last chances...

It's amazing the level of feeling about this guy; here and in the US and elsewhere I guess.

Fraudster full stop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Shit really does stick doesn't it ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020