Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The forum, its present and its future

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    Lols etc aren't anonymous which people don't seem to realise.

Admins know who did what.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m happy to admit I use lols as a quick proxy for “I think your post is stupid but I can’t be bothered to explain why”, and I assume many of us do the same (aside from the occasionally childish/malicious ones)

But I’d have no issue with them being non-anonymous - may well be a good idea as suggested above
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26785
    edited February 2019
    Okay, the people have spoken. We'll give non-anonymous reactions a go. I like that more than removing the functionality.

EDIT: Worth noting that this will also reveal the author of historical reactions too. That could be...interesting.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like to note at this point that I keep tapping wow when thumming through on my phone. If it's really inappropriate I'll delete it but there's probably a few times I've not bothered. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Okay, the people have spoken. We'll give non-anonymous reactions a go. I like that more than removing the functionality.

EDIT: Worth noting that this will also reveal the author of historical reactions too. That could be...interesting.
    Hell yes. Is it your turn to bring the popcorn? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lonestar said:

Hell yes. Is it your turn to bring the popcorn? 
    No, but I may sit back and LOL a little ;)
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15635
    you may want to consider resetting frets to 0 if you want to avoid too much drama over past shazaming. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    you may want to consider resetting frets to 0 if you want to avoid too much drama over past shazaming. 
    :unamused: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    VimFuego said:
    Basschat did that, and I would say that you have to if you relaunch the site and make reactions non-anonymous.

Anyone who is really really really bothered about their fret count, and would stomp their feet and have a strop if their frets went probably possibly and maybe might be taking it a bit too seriously... no?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that it may reduce the effects of fret-whoring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    :unamused: 
    I figure I've only got 5 legitimately earned frets, so losing them won't hurt me too much. I'm very much a student of the I'm alright Jack school. 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660

I think that could be quite fun!

Would certainly be open and transparent.
  • Great - so we can spend more time pissing about looking at who LOLled who instead of generating stirring, thought provoking conversation. Is this FaceBook? 

Great - so we can spend more time pissing about looking at who LOLled who instead of generating stirring, thought provoking conversation. Is this FaceBook? 
    you ok hun?

• Yep just peachy

• VimFuego said:
    Basschat did that, and I would say that you have to if you relaunch the site and make reactions non-anonymous.

Anyone who is really really really bothered about their fret count, and would stomp their feet and have a strop if their frets went probably possibly and maybe might be taking it a bit too seriously... no?

I've passed peak funny, I'm never going to get 4000 LOLs ever again... :anguished: 

The only serious point is that the classifieds depend on Frets and  number of comments as a rough barometer of credibility so a complete reset might be an issue. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Great - so we can spend more time pissing about looking at who LOLled who instead of generating stirring, thought provoking conversation. Is this FaceBook? 
    You can do, if you really want to.  I shouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    VimFuego said:

I've passed peak funny, I'm never going to get 4000 LOLs ever again... :anguished: 

The only serious point is that the classifieds depend on Frets and  number of comments as a rough barometer of credibility so a complete reset might be an issue. 

On a serious note, I did think about that. 

The thing is, the new forum sw is a chance to improve the feedback system. It's an opportunity to display key info on a poster such as their post count, how long they have been a member and a link to their feedback thread/feedback system (or whatever it looks like). 

I'd say that longevity, post history and previous transaction feedback is far more important than fret count - after all, I have over 17k frets, but about 11k of them are lol's - and 5k wisdoms (and to be fair most of those are for admin posts!) - Just because I can make people laugh, or attract lols for stupid posts doesn't necessarily make me a good person to do a trade or a sale with. 

With caveat emptor in mind, if it's a big purchase and a lot of cash, it's always worthwhile checking the sellers posting history, how long they have been a member, their feedback thread, and any previous listings/transactions rather than relying on their fret count...
  • There are other features I have which rely on the existing fret count being kept, so...wiping them out isn't an option.
    <space for hire>
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7575
    What about just turnung off future use of negative-intent frets. I think they are a bizarre, drama focussed thing 
    Red ones are better.