Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The forum, its present and its future

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15635
    For me I use frets as a form of self justification, the more frets I have, the more a dude I am, so even ironic LOLs are good for me. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that it may reduce the effects of fret-whoring.
    lol
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do not see how frets rate the quality of a forumite: All it means is that there's been reactions to their posts.  There were incidents of a tFBer posting threads which appeared to be mainly for shock value.  This resulted in the OP getting lots of frets due to people laughing at his perceived stupidity/wackyness.  Does this not mean that the creator of the thread is more of attention seeker, than a person that can be trusted to deal with?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Let's not go too far down the "Why do we have frets?" road. They're staying in one form or another, because there's a lot of value already invested in those interactions from the beginning.
    <space for hire>
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    If we are to have frets, I'd like to see who's Lolling, Wowing and Wizzing.
    BassChat have this and I think it eliminates 'Keyboard Warrior' behaviour, particularly on the Lolling, which seems to be happening more and more on people's Classified Ads.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Kebabkid said:
    BassChat have this and I think it eliminates 'Keyboard Warrior' behaviour, particularly on the Lolling, which seems to be happening more and more on people's Classified Ads.
    Agreed. I’d actually suggest removing frets from the classifieds altogether (my opinion only). No seller deserves an LOL when trying to sell something. It’s a bit of a shitty, low thing to do to someone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019
    It's better if the person who just 'Lol'd' me came out and said/had a discussion about why they don't like the idea, but they're just too pussy to!
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lonestar said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Agreed. I’d actually suggest removing frets from the classifieds altogether (my opinion only). No seller deserves an LOL when trying to sell something. It’s a bit of a shitty, low thing to do to someone.
    Unless they are really taking the piss of course in which case what else would you do?  There occasionally is some ridiculously overpriced stuff and that definitely deserves a LOL.  Its an insult to a knowledgeable community
    lonestar said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Unless they are really taking the piss of course in which case what else would you do?  There occasionally is some ridiculously overpriced stuff and that definitely deserves a LOL.  Its an insult to a knowledgeable community
    Ignore it? It's more helpful to let someone know they need pics, a price or refer them to the rules etc or even advise via PM if the price is silly in comparison to what's sold on here recently. Sometimes, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with an ad. And yes, sometimes it's a typo.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Kebabkid said:
    lonestar said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Ignore it? It's more helpful to let someone know they need pics, a price or refer them to the rules etc or even advise via PM if the price is silly in comparison to what's sold on here recently. Sometimes, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with an ad. And yes, sometimes it's a typo.
    Don’t forget - we have a different set of rules for the classifieds. 

First and foremost, if you think something is off about an ad, flag it - having a modmin change/move/delete an ad will always be accompanied by a PM to the seller reminding them of the rules and helping them get their ad sorted. It actually doesn’t help having the wider membership wade in - but it does really help if you flag it to us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kebabkid said:
    lonestar said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Don’t forget - we have a different set of rules for the classifieds. 

First and foremost, if you think something is off about an ad, flag it - having a modmin change/move/delete an ad will always be accompanied by a PM to the seller reminding them of the rules and helping them get their ad sorted. It actually doesn’t help having the wider membership wade in - but it does really help if you flag it to us.
    Fair point :)
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    I just look at someones fret count and think the higher it is the more time they have on their hands.

Aaahhiiee  thaaaank yooouuuuu....
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    hywelg said:
    I just look at someones fret count and think the higher it is the more time they have on their hands.

Aaahhiiee  thaaaank yooouuuuu....
    Not true! Gotta dash..,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe we should hold a Referendum on whether we keep Frets or not.

Frexit or Fremain!

So long as everyone agrees that people do actually know what they are voting for.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Kebabkid said:
    It's better if the person who just 'Lol'd' me came out and said/had a discussion about why they don't like the idea but they're just too pussy to!
    I just lol'd you because I think it's funny you are getting your panties in a twist about being lol'd. I'm not the original loler, though I have to admit I thought about it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    fftc said:
    Kebabkid said:
    It's better if the person who just 'Lol'd' me came out and said/had a discussion about why they don't like the idea but they're just too pussy to!
    I just lol'd you because I think it's funny you are getting your panties in a twist about being lol'd. I'm not the original loler, though I have to admit I thought about it!
    One, I go commando, so no twisting Y-Fronts and Two, I just think sometimes it's bad form on Classified ads where there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.

Ta for being upfront :)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Ignore it. We’re big boys here, right? And not everyone here is savvy in all walks of the guitar world. 
  • Maybe we should hold a Referendum on whether we keep Frets or not.

Frexit or Fremain!

So long as everyone agrees that people do actually know what they are voting for.
    Blue passports and facepalms 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    edited February 2019
    This is what Fretboard LOLs sound like:

• Snags said:
    @thumpingrug Nah, if you were hated you'd have picked up more ironic/troll frets. Frets + comment count is really the full picture, and even then is only indicative. 
    Cheers man, my sense of self worth is renewed.