thebreeze said:
    tekbow said:
    thebreeze said:
    Neil said:
    thebreeze said:
    Here’s a possible divider, CS ‘63 Custom Tele

Pure Wow in my book.

Gorgeous!
    Thanks Neil.  I’m happily surprised it’s been so well received, I’ve never been sure if people would like it as much as I do - which was why I put it up. I was curious.  

It contradicts the trend that people say “bling” gets voted down and traditional finishes are preferred, although a Tele is about as traditional as you get I suppose  and the finish is beautifully done.
    I don't consider that bling so much as quirky or fun. Owning something like that requires a certain capacity to not take oneself too seriously.
    Thanks ole player, I’m still searching for the pink Stetson to go with it  :)
    Sparkly Teles are fucking awesome. I think it's the only guitar that can handle that level of glitter without looking stupid. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2803
    I've just added up a couple more of my guitars... my Tele-shaped Charvel and a Sparrow LP clone with a flames paintjob... almost immediately they each got a lol! I guess it's non-traditional that people don't like. @thebreeze, although your Tele is an unusual colour (I think it's gorgeous btw, it got a wow from me on the other thread), it still has a traditional pickup and controls configuration... whereas mine doesn't.

...although then I've blown that theory out of the water with my Sparrow! I have found that some guitars provoke an instant 'ooh' or 'urgh' reaction, while other very similar ones either are either the opposite or leave me cold...
    Yes. These threads have been really interesting for different reasons.  Taste in guitars is as varied as the music people make with them, which is only a good thing.  I also think the point made above about trends being heavily influenced by age demographics is also a good one.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    ewal said:
    I attempted to go through the list rating all the guitars. However go so bored of all the identical Les Pauls. Must be the most common guitar on the FB?

Also noticed the quality of the picture influences the ratings. My Starfire V rates alot lower than same guitar because my pictures are shit.
    @ewal I think it's just timing - earlier in the thread people were paying more attention. My Starfire pictures are shit too (taken on phone camera that isn't that good). I wow'd yours - would have been hypocritical not to :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    @snags yeah, I think that thread position is a big factor. I'm really not bothered.... Honest:)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I posted a guitar in the Rate My Guitar thread earlier today and @skullfunkerry commented "I love that, have a Wow! What is it?".

The short answer is it's my Self-Indulgence-Caster or, pretentiously, my Signature Guitar ;)

It's a one-off to my specs. If I get a chance I'll post a NGD in the Guitar section.