Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The "I will never sell this guitar" Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• It'd have to be my first ever electric guitar my mum and dad bought me in 1998, a Squier Strat as part of a starter pack thing where you get the guitar, amp, stand, strap, strings and I think a cable for £195 back in the day. Dad said "you'll quit playing within 6 months just you watch...." but 20 years later I still have it. I think the guitar is 1997/98. I have changed out the stock pickups to the SD "Everything Axe Set" which has made it sound better, ok its not a real Fender but I could never sell it cos I've kept it for so long and I still use it to this day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    This thread has really focussed my thinking.
    Lots of Teles! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    The one my daughter bought me, and the one I bought with some money my mum left me.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RedWolffRedWolff Frets: 44
    edited December 2018
    I would be hard pressed to part with my first Fender. A 1965 Fender Stratocaster. Bought in 1980 for $600.

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedWolffRedWolff Frets: 44
    edited December 2018
    Hard-pressed to let this go too. These guitars are quite rare but very highly regarded:  a 1987 Kinman Blueprint stratocaster style. Yes, it was made by THAT Chris Kinman - the pickup guy. The Blueprint series guitars were modeled after a 1962 Fender Stratocaster owned by one of Chris's trainee luthiers. It's a cracker!

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    edited December 2018
    I spent roughly around 4 years searching for 'the one's and must have bought and sold 30 or so guitars. However this ES-339 is going nowhere! Courtesy of @Calel:

https://i.imgur.com/LfLXEsJ.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    edited December 2018
    After a lot of selling, I only have one electric left: I took my late 80s Squier Korean Tele (Samick factory) I got when I was 15-16 for a clean-up, rewording, had it fitted with a new harness and 51 CS Nocaster pickups... and it sounds great in the new (well, used) amp.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tfuKegR
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited December 2018
    I'd pretty much sell anything I have. I sold the es130 I bought for my 30th and I swore I'd never do that. 
    I think the only guitars I wouldn't sell would be my late 90s Gibson SG standard which I've had for twenty years which is signed by Allan Holdsworth and guthrie. The other guitar would be my PRS DGT. 
    Even then I would sell the DGT if needs must. I dont name guitars, they are only planks of wood and metal.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • I'll  probably be posting an image of it this weekend ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Bought this Standard new in 1995 and it's been my P&J ever since. Back of the neck is starting to get down to the bare wood and it's definitely time for a refret! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    RedWolff said:
    Hard-pressed to let this go too. These guitars are quite rare but very highly regarded:  a 1987 Kinman Blueprint stratocaster style. Yes, it was made by THAT Chris Kinman - the pickup guy. The Blueprint series guitars were modeled after a 1962 Fender Stratocaster owned by one of Chris's trainee luthiers. It's a cracker!

I thought I was the only Kinman guitar owner of the forum.
    Very nice Blueprint- I have a pair of the Teles.

Is that a refin?
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited December 2018
    DrJazzTap said:
    I dont name guitars, they are only planks of wood and metal.
    I don't name them either and they are tools but you can bond with one or more. I named my kids they are only flesh and blood.

Taking something down to the constituent parts does not remove any affection, bond or connection with it - it's only wood and metal is not a valid argument - if we keep down that line of argument we get to everything is just quarks and atoms etc etc... - btw - this is a general feeling of mine @DrJazzTap ;; - not directed at you personally - it's just that your comment said it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For me this one:

Not because I would never WANT to sell it, but because no one is likely to ever want to BUY it! ;)

It's actually a pretty high spec - started life as an Indie (when they were pretty cool) made specifically for NAMM and dropped so couldn't be used (have video of its lower spec sister being played at NAMM by some notable of the time) and fixed and then modded by me for my own use with PRS pickups, Graphtec piezo Floyd, Ghost Acoustiphonic, coil split, etc etc.

It'll do anything and everything and non-guitarists think it's SUPER cool!!!

But I'll never sell it

Because it's been modded

And it's an Indie

:) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I've got a whole bunch of nice guitars - electric, acoustic, resonator and lap/console steels. There's just one I would only part with as a last resort and even then very reluctantly: It's the Schecter Tele I bought from Doug Chandler back in 1982 which has remained with me as my primary gigging guitar while a lot of other very nice guitars have come and gone. Admittedly it's a bit of a Trigger's broom with parts and pickups having been replaced over the years to suit my changing needs. The original Schecter pickups, for example, were over-wound as was the fashion at that time and didn't have too much of that Tele twang. At present it sports Oil City and Mojo pickups that sound great.

The only guitar I have with sentimental value is the little 000 acoustic my family clubbed together to buy me as a combined 13th birthday and Christmas present. For several months before that I'd used a borrowed guitar so my folks knew that it would not be a whim. I still have that guitar although it seldom sees the light of day. Just nice to know it's there with all it's memories.

Here's the Schecter

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This one for me, my parents paid half and I paid half for my 18th... 

Bought from the earls Court guitar show from Lee Anderton. I have put some oil city pickups in it though.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited December 2018
    Oh and these...

I just love paisley
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh and these...

I just love paisley
    Love em mate, love em !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    @vaivai no offense taken 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Oh and these...

I just love paisley
    The ultimate arbiter of good taste (my 7 year old daughter) has pronounced the pink one to be hideous.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Oh and these...

I just love paisley
    And maple!