Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The "I will never sell this guitar" Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited September 2020
    I have a 1995 Yamaha RGX 121D (a derivative of a Pacifica) that my parents bought me as a teenager.
    Around 8mths ago, I spent around £150 having new pots, switch and a fret level and dress. 
    After 25yrs I'll never sell it, it's worth next to sod all to anyone else anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited September 2020
    This
    This

And probably this

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Alnico said:
    Voxman said:
    10thumbs said:

Loving that Firebird with the humbuckers , never liked the pickups on those....

I'm confused??
    I guess he means that he never liked standard Firebird mini humbuckers, so he likes that one, with full-size pickups (which is exactly how I feel about it, too)
    If anyone cares, the pickups are 498T Neck and 500T Bridge.
    The body is a flat top because it's a set neck instead of the Neck-Thru design usually associated with a Firebird.

It sounds like an SG with more thump behind it and it feels like manchester with strings on it.
    I think it's the most awesome guitar I've ever owned.
    They're all special to me in different ways but my Firebird is the most awesome.

Firebird Studio was my gigging guitar for around five years. I had Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells in mine. Great guitar that attracted a lot of attention. 
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1134
    My American Original is modded to oblivion, selling it would definitely come at a loss, but it’s just how I want it. Keeper
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    My Axis, will probably never see another quilt like that on one.

Excellent player too, although the waxed necks do have their foibles. Just a part of owning them.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I WILL NOT SELL MY 1978 TELECASTER.................

Until it's doubled in value! ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've already posted in this thread but have since upgraded the guitar - its a 1997/98 (I think) Squier Affinity Strat I got when I was 13. The first ever guitar I got from my parents (which took ALOT of convincing for them to get me). Its the guitar I grew up learning and trying to play Green Day songs on through my teens, gigged my first few shows with and a teaching guitar.

Last summer I had it totally upgraded from hardware to electronics, changing it to a HSS configuration. The thing outplays a Fender American I reckon, and is my no.1 guitar. It's 23 years old and I want to keep it for another 23!

Thanks again to Jon and the team at Feline for transforming it from a toy to a "real" Strat, very happy with how it sounds:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This one classic vibe telecaster bought from this forum 

https://i.imgur.com/KCPiXjp.jpg

It’s excellent 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3553
    1991 Washburn dread, gift from parents

1998 American Deluxe strat, bought secondhand around 2000. It's got a neck that's living on borrowed time, but it's the best sounding strat I've played south of £2k. Main gig guitar for nearly 20 years.

Taylor nylon unexpectedly bequeathed to me by a dear friend. 

Everything else is disposable.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4168
    edited September 2020
    I’ve got another too but I’m waiting to do a mega delayed NGD on it 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Happy to see I haven't changed my mine since posting nearly 2 years ago. I reckon I'd probably add my SG to the list too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I don’t like Teles. Prefer Anthrax to Brad Paisley.

However, in a strange twist of fate ended up with a Cs Nocaster a year ago. Nothing else gets a look in. At all. My playing has improved also. 

Have considered selling everything else....but gave myself a good slap and I’m ok now. 

I love teles.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    edited September 2020
    I’ve sometimes thought of being buried with this http://www.mobygraphics.co.uk/Music/images/2.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would sell any of mine, for a price. The jazzmaster, thinline tele would be £700 each or so I suppose. I'd keep at least one. My prs alike would be £350 as it needs work. 

The strat would be a grand because it's so damn good. But no one would pay those prices for partscaster so it doesn't matter.
  • Habanero said:
    I’ve sometimes thought of being buried with this http://www.mobygraphics.co.uk/Music/images/2.jpg

I can see why ,it’s lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Habanero said:

I think a spade would work better. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How many of these survived the lockdown gear frenzy?

Just played my Tele through a new setup and I think it's still my favourite guitar.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    The acoustic I mentioned didn't even make it to lockdown.  I've come to embrace selling gear, none have any sentimental meaning to me and then I can try other stuff.  In fact I can feel a purge coming on : )
    munckee said:
    The acoustic I mentioned didn't even make it to lockdown.  I've come to embrace selling gear, none have any sentimental meaning to me and then I can try other stuff.  In fact I can feel a purge coming on : )

I've lost track of your current stash, what are you holding?
  • I wish I could keep them, I really do, I am So much better than a few years ago. where it was just as much fun as actually playing them, how'ver I'm not doing too bad atm, I have one up for sale which tbh I'm not bothered if it sells or not as really I won't find a better strat. An acoustic which I love and an sc relics Paisley tele which isn't going anywhere, but that always changes unfortunately. 

However the more I play them the longer they stay. I just realistically don't need to electrics