Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6871
    sev112 said:
    munckee said:
    sev112 said:
    Time? I’m still not clear ;( 

Hi Sev start is 12, they have said between 11 and 12 we can come in and set up.

Adam
    To be absolutely clear, you mean that first song is starting at 12 on that basis ?

Ish, always takes a bit of time for first song to check levels, tell the drummer to play a bit slower and quieter, etc. And I might forget the words.....
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    I think last year it was nearer 1 that the first song was played. We have the venue officially from 12. 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    It was around 1 for first song last time.  Would be good if we can get moving quicker this time but there will doubtless be something that takes time to sort out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    I think  a bunch of us nervous bastards wouldn't mind a moment to have a run through first to be honest. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    There should be plenty of time, there’s less songs and people this time. If you want to play earlier though, let Adam know.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    You know when you plug in and it just sounds like shit...
    I was just thinking that. Practiced lots. Not standing up though. Terwat! 
    munckee said:
    I was just thinking that. Practiced lots. Not standing up though. Terwat! 
    No, and no.. and to add insult, I rewired the lpb strat up last night and now its buzzing like a swarm of killer bees  :#
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Agreed a quick check of the key bits would be good. 

Last time for most of 3 of the four I did I couldn’t hear a note I played until I heard the mixes. 

Thats my excise and I’m sticking to it!
    peteri said:
    Agreed a quick check of the key bits would be good. 

Last time for most of 3 of the four I did I couldn’t hear a note I played until I heard the mixes. 

Thats my excise and I’m sticking to it!
    I had a short lead last year so ended up to the side of my amp facing the other amp and I could only hear the other guitar. Have a longer lead this year!  I also played totally clean with no gain or pedals. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Guys - I can’t make it tomorrow 

Minor family crisis means I have to go over to wales tomorrow. Won’t be back till Sunday so I’m unfortunately out.

Have a great day and make sure you follow the good traditions of all previous jams and perform at least one utter car crash...!
    Guys - I can’t make it tomorrow 

Minor family crisis means I have to go over to wales tomorrow. Won’t be back till Sunday so I’m unfortunately out.

Have a great day and make sure you follow the good traditions of all previous jams and perform at least one  car crash...!
    Car crash, im on it : )

sorry you can't come hope it's not serious. 

Sorry to hear that @bridgehouse, hope your family of welsh miners gets better soon.

I'll cock up a song in your honour.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Right see you at rendezvous point GU21 5LY   Watch out for those tie fighters. 
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Dammit- looks as if I haven't paid. I thought I had. I can do PayPal when I'm there or cashmonies. Setting off shortly and going to take the scenic route to avoid the M25. I'll be the one sneezing and whining about having a stinking cold. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    Very enjoyable day at Water Rats. Nice to meet up again with some of you from last time and to meet and play with some new people.  Some excellent playing and lovely guitars there, and a very lovely and loud Superlead downstairs!  Thanks everyone.

Jules
  • Are there any spaces left for this as I'm now free on Friday?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes another top day!  Special thanks to @munckee for all his hard work organising the jam. Nice to catch up with some old faces and great meeting new ones too! Had a great time and the boy loved every minute :+1: 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    edited April 2019
    Lovely to meet you all and big thanks for letting me play with your toys. Lovestrat jr was probably the most consistent performer on the day. 

Definitely inspired me to play out more. And get a smaller amp! And learn songs all the way through. 

edit: yup big thanks to @munckee for everything. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Brilliant day, great to meet everyone and play for the first time live with a drummer! Jr and I both had a great time and will definitely be back next time. Thanks to our driver / bandmate / organiser @munckee for sorting everything out and stepping in to make sure the day went ahead.

Great fun!