Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jimmy Page's Mirrored and Dragon Telecasters

What's Hot

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    edited January 2019
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2019
    I'd only pay £23k if Banksy did the artwork, and it didn't include any dragons or mirrors.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    The mirrors & dragon artwork look awful imo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Considering what the Page LPs are going for now I'm not remotely surprised by the price. 

I like the look of the cheap plain white one :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • He only plays unplugged at home on them obviously or he incurs Satan next doors wrath
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m waiting for the Robbie Williams in drag signature Tele in curly blonde wig finish. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    edited January 2019
    Looks like there’s a Road Worn version of the Dragon Tele £1,259...
    • Satin lacquer finish over a reproduction of Jimmy Page’s iconic artwork
    • Two-piece ash ‘50s Tele body
    • Custom “Oval C”-shaped maple neck, duplicating the exact neck profile from Page’s Telecaster
    • Road Worn® lacquer finish on the neck
    • Period-correct 7.25”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard
    • Two custom-wound Jimmy Page Telecaster single coil pickups
    • “Top loader” bridge with threaded steel saddles; String top load-style for a rounder sound with easier bending (like Jimmy Page) or traditional through-body for classic Fender twang.
    • Vintage-style tuners offer classic style and rock-solid tuning stability
    • Includes vintage-style black hardshell case
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    edited January 2019 tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:
    you can see why I passed on the chance to order one for stock - Believe UK allocations will be finalised this week during the NAMM Show - And we have to buy them as a pair - We can't pick A or B - Not sure if they are to be sold as a pair or you can pick A or B
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12391
    Absolutely ridiculous, the elite collectors will snap them up. There should be a sub-heading of "Fender shows its disdain for the common man with it's blue collar classic - the £23000 Telecaster".
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd have one.  =)

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Absolutely ridiculous, the elite collectors will snap them up. There should be a sub-heading of "Fender shows its disdain for the common man with it's blue collar classic - the £23000 Telecaster".
    Cheaper Telecasters are available ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Price is daft. It would be far more faithful to the spirit of the original to just DIY one yourself by modifying stock or building a partscaster. Who the hell buys these kind of things?
  • Who the hell buys these kind of things?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    Looks like there’s a Road Worn version of the Dragon Tele £1,259...
    • Satin lacquer finish over a reproduction of Jimmy Page’s iconic artwork
    • Two-piece ash ‘50s Tele body
    • Custom “Oval C”-shaped maple neck, duplicating the exact neck profile from Page’s Telecaster
    • Road Worn® lacquer finish on the neck
    • Period-correct 7.25”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard
    • Two custom-wound Jimmy Page Telecaster single coil pickups
    • “Top loader” bridge with threaded steel saddles; String top load-style for a rounder sound with easier bending (like Jimmy Page) or traditional through-body for classic Fender twang.
    • Vintage-style tuners offer classic style and rock-solid tuning stability
    • Includes vintage-style black hardshell case
    Bet that'll be a nice guitar.

I'm a big fan if the roadworn series. If they'd also offer them in NOS and, in this case without the artwork, it'd be perfect. They are great spec guitars that play nicely. 
  • I was expecting something cool from the name "mirrored". I laughed out loud when I saw it!

A painstaking recreation of a stupid-looking guitar...is also a stupid-looking guitar.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2327
    The mirrored one is truly awful....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    edited January 2019
    I'm in utter disbelief at that one.  It's a few Poundland makeup mirrors glued on.  With all the amazing innovation that'll be announced at NAMM today, this makes Fender look bloody ridiculous.  I can only imagine that Jimmy did this to take the piss out of all the yes-men...
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2019
    Bod said:
    I'm in utter disbelief at that one.  It's a few Poundland makeup mirrors glued on.  With all the amazing innovation that'll be announced at NAMM today, this makes Fender look bloody ridiculous.  I can only imagine that Jimmy did this to take the piss out of all the yes-men...
    Rick Wakeman won't be very happy to hear that.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    edited January 2019 tFB Trader
    There is obviously not a 'whole lotta love' for the JP Tele on this forum, but certainly with regard to the Masterbuilt Version, we are not the customer - Re-phrase to 'most of us are not the customer'

Yet I wonder what we'd have said back in 2004 when Gibson released 3 different Jimmy Page Les Paul's all based on his #1 -  only 25 x aged and signed  - only 150 x aged   - only 870 x authentic finish

all three versions have risen well beyond their original value, with the aged and aged/signed versions having seriously risen in value - I recall back in 2004 a lawyer from London calling me and phoning around other UK dealers, desperate to buy an aged/signed version for a client - He was offering to pay in excess of the selling price to jump the queue - ie, if you had one on order for a customer, then he'd pay £1000 to the customer and an additional £1000 to the dealer in order that you dropped out the sale and allocate it to him on arrival

I chose not to order any of the Masterbuilt models as I admit the price scares me, but I bet dealers who have ordered them will have them sold in no time at all - I would be surprised if any stock remains for sale once we get to the warm summer months
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited January 2019
    If I was looking to buy a new American Performer i'm a big enough fan to shout the extra £250 for a JP one, I think the sundragon looks cool. Agree the mirror one looks shite though!

Edit* I take it back, looks like you get a Mexican one for £1299 so i'll live without it!