Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jimmy Page's Mirrored and Dragon Telecasters

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    yes I was led to believe the Masterbuilt set had to be sold as a pair

Can recall Gibson do a John Lennon set of 3 J160E's about 18/20 years ago - Had to be sold as a set of 3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    Anyone who willingly hands over £23k for a reissue with stick on mirrors should immediately be sectioned. 
    It's people with a SPARE £23k to invest, which will probably see a return of £7k or so over three years.

Who's the chump, them or us? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Usually when things like this are released people complain there isn’t an affordable option, and this time there actually is. The Mexican version looks the part for ~£1,200. Who cares if an American didn’t make it? I know I don’t.
  • In years to come when Page sadly kicks the bucket these will easily be going for almost double. I personally think they have to be seen as an asset, Realistically none of these will be played, At least not regularly and they will be bought by collectors. We will probably only ever see these exchange hands very rarely indeed allowing basically for the highest bidder. And no doubt the price is only going to go one way. 
    With interest rates so low more people are looking towards assets for investments and this is the way the guitar market seems to be heading,
    Anyway cool guitar but I'd rather just have a regular custom shop that i can gig. 

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Price is daft. It would be far more faithful to the spirit of the original to just DIY one yourself by modifying stock or building a partscaster. Who the hell buys these kind of things?
    Bankers..... or should that be Wankers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    MikeS said:
    It's a bit hard to take this seriously when we see things like this lack of attention to the most basic detail...

Signature half under the Tuner. Really Fender, at this price point?

Those pissed up Tuners were 'Masterbuilt' by Paul Weller, couldn't find a straight edge that day!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeS said:
    It's a bit hard to take this seriously when we see things like this lack of attention to the most basic detail...

Those pissed up Tuners were 'Masterbuilt' by Paul Weller, couldn't find a straight edge that day!
    Wiz'd laughable! My shit first attempt of a strat at least has the damn things lined up!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9347
    chris78 said:
    £23k is just silly, but almost £1300 for a Mexican guitar? I’m not a snob and I think the stuff coming out of the Mexican factory is very good indeed. I’m also aware that the pound isn’t at its strongest, but again, £1300 for a Mexican guitar???
    ...for a signature model Fender guitar with a custom paint job, aged lacquer finish, and a hard case. I’m not sure I see an issue with that.
    It’ll be the most expensive guitar Fender have sold from Mexico. The road worns were about £500 when they came out.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    chris78 said:
    chris78 said:
    £23k is just silly, but almost £1300 for a Mexican guitar? I’m not a snob and I think the stuff coming out of the Mexican factory is very good indeed. I’m also aware that the pound isn’t at its strongest, but again, £1300 for a Mexican guitar???
    ...for a signature model Fender guitar with a custom paint job, aged lacquer finish, and a hard case. I’m not sure I see an issue with that.
    It’ll be the most expensive guitar Fender have sold from Mexico. The road worns were about £500 when they came out.
    Yes but that was 15 years ago...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• The road worns were never £500 new.

There’s already a couple of MIM Fenders over a grand - Brad Paisley Tele and TVL Jazzmaster. I’ve not read much of the Paisley but I haven’t seen a bad review of the TVL.
    Tough crowd. And I’d wager most of you aren’t target market. 

As a a historical document the mirrors are correct and look ‘right’. Would I gig it? No... but then again I’m not in a Yardbirds tribute band.

You are all going nuts about the cost, but won’t blink about Gilmour’s partcasters selling for more than a million. Even 001 is a bitsa (ask Seymour Duncan - he built it). Point is. all of the guitars are wood and wires - the ‘value’  you place upon them is based upon your own perspective. Will the dragon Tele make you play like JP? No. Will owning the black Strat make you play like Gilmour? Not a chance. And would either of the two gents in question sound like themselves playing CV Squiers? Yes, 100%.

Like I say, the ‘value’ is based on perspective. Don’t get angry or resentful about it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Horribly tasteless, which is fine as people with that much money down the back of the sofa usually have horrible taste. Let them cohabit and add a bit of bottom line to one of our fav guitar brands.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7050
    tFB Trader
    MikeS said:

Paul Weller? Those tuners need changing, man.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    edited February 2019
    Looks pretty wild wood also
  • There should be a guitar to commemorate his rift with Robbie next door. The front should be painted to depict Jimmy ranting from his side of the fence, and the back should be painted to represent the Robster, having his 50p worth. I’d get the people behind Modern Toss to do the artwork - it’d be ace.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    In years to come when Page sadly kicks the bucket these will easily be going for almost double. I personally think they have to be seen as an asset, Realistically none of these will be played, At least not regularly and they will be bought by collectors. We will probably only ever see these exchange hands very rarely indeed allowing basically for the highest bidder. And no doubt the price is only going to go one way.
    Personally I think that in years to come when Page is gone and slowly fades from the memory of anyone not old enough to care about poor reproductions of a guitar that was once his, these will be worth double fuck all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    impmann said:

You are all going nuts about the cost, but won’t blink about Gilmour’s partcasters selling for more than a million. Even 001 is a bitsa (ask Seymour Duncan - he built it). Point is. all of the guitars are wood and wires - the ‘value’  you place upon them is based upon your own perspective. Will the dragon Tele make you play like JP? No. Will owning the black Strat make you play like Gilmour? Not a chance. And would either of the two gents in question sound like themselves playing CV Squiers? Yes, 100%.

Like I say, the ‘value’ is based on perspective. Don’t get angry or resentful about it.
    Thing is, you’d be buying the actual guitars that Gilmour played for a £million plus, not some lashed up modern copy. Big difference. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019
    boogieman said:
    impmann said:

Thing is, you’d be buying the actual guitars that Gilmour played for a £million plus, not some lashed up modern copy. Big difference. 
    Indeed.

With a big difference in price too.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    Better off just buying an old Tele, not even a vintage one. Just an old one, then strip the paint and paint a dragon on it.

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPP-Jimmy-Page-Led-Zeppelin-DRAGON-Telecaster-Tribute-Fender-Squier-Classic-Vibe/303045807994?hash=item468ef00f7a:g:JMwAAOSwZ8ZXDQcB:rk:4:pf:0
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway