Just Sold a Guitar on Ebay ...

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Adey said:
    I must admit, I've wondered why the postal company asks me to insure my package.

After all, it's not me who is going to drop it or drive a 40t artic over it. As long as I have taken reasonable steps to package it well enough to withstand reasonable handling that is all I reasonably have to do. If they think they will damage it when it's in their care, then they are free to insure it themselves...

If it gets damaged, I just have to take them to the small claims court, which has been a bit of sport from time to time with various companies.
    As I understand it, the vendor is responsible for the safe delivery up to the point the goods are put in the buyers hands. The only way around this is for the vendor to insist that the buyer arranges his own courier. That way the vendor is only responsible up to the time the goods are in the couriers hands and from then on it's the buyers responsibility.

My own view is that I think that people are mad to sell anything more sophisticated or damage prone than a rock on Ebay. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Wolfetone said:

My own view is that I think that people are mad to sell anything more sophisticated or damage prone than a rock on Ebay. 
    And even then some bastard would probably force a chargeback and then return an inferior rock.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    ICBM said:
    Wolfetone said:

And even then some bastard would probably force a chargeback and then return an inferior rock.
    Yep, after they'd smoked it like they do.
  • Why do folk suggest not using PayPal as a seller on eBay ?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    edited January 2019
    Why do folk suggest not using PayPal as a seller on eBay ?
    It's mostly fine if you are shipping/posting the items. If people are collecting what you're selling in person, it's super dangerous because they can file an "item not received" claim after they've picked up whatever you were selling and you're screwed because you can't produce a tracking number, which is literally the only evidence PayPal will accept as proof of posting/receipt. eBay/PayPal will issue them a refund and you're out both cash and item.