Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bad movie casting choices

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    ^^  It's often reported than Connery was a bodybuilder in his youth - even entered a 1950s Mr Universe contest - but he seems to have let things slide fairly soon after.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4951
    Philly_Q said:
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Sean Connery playing Irish cop in The Untouchables.
    You mean the one for which he received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?

C’mon, try harder.  Sean Connery as an Egyptian immortal?  Sean Connery as a Soviet nuclear submarine captain?  Sean Connery as King Richard?  Sir Sean as an Irish cop is at least plausible.
    Perfect casting - Sean Connery in Zardoz.  Who better to say a word like "Zardoz"?

Sean Connery in Zardoz 1974
    I thought this was fake so I googled it and now I’m afraid to be alone. 

I thought it was Burt Reynolds.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Sean Connery playing Irish cop in The Untouchables.
    You mean the one for which he received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?

C’mon, try harder.  Sean Connery as an Egyptian immortal?  Sean Connery as a Soviet nuclear submarine captain?  Sean Connery as King Richard?  Sir Sean as an Irish cop is at least plausible.
    Perfect casting - Sean Connery in Zardoz.  Who better to say a word like "Zardoz"?

The only saving grace is it’s not Tom Selleck. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • ColsCols Frets: 7252
    Philly_Q said:

Thish ish an extremely futurishtic poshing pouch.  You idiotsh.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72952
    Nitefly said:

The role was originally intended for him - it was John Boorman's next film after Deliverance - but he had to pull out due to illness.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    ICBM said:
    Nitefly said:

The role was originally intended for him - it was John Boorman's next film after Deliverance - but he had to pull out due to illness.
    I know that you know everything about everything (or close to it), but that's a fact I would not own up to knowing!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72952
    crunchman said:

I know that you know everything about everything (or close to it), but that's a fact I would not own up to knowing!
    I actually like Zardoz, Connery's outfit aside. It's a very flawed film but has elements of genius, like a lot of Boorman's work... even if the ratio of flaws is higher and the genius is harder to recognise than in most of them. Although it has to be said that Boorman has admitted to taking a lot of drugs at the time :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• My god! Stop quoting it!! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    ICBM said:
    Nitefly said:

Yeah, I bet he was ill when he saw what he was expected to wear. I'd be sick too.
  • Graham Norton playing Moriarty in the recent BBC Holmes adaptations was absolutely horrific. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Having read and loved the books, I thought Russell Crowe was miscast as Jack Aubrey although he was very good however Paul Bettany as Stephan Maturin was perfect. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Edris Elba in The Dark Tower 
    I thought that was literally the only good thing about the film
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    Having read and loved the books, I thought Russell Crowe was miscast as Jack Aubrey although he was very good however Paul Bettany as Stephan Maturin was perfect. 
    Having also read and loved the books, I thought Crowe played Aubrey very well. He may not have been the physical ideal (though not far off) but he pitched the part perfectly. Bettany as Maturin was ideal.
  • JezWynd said:
    Having read and loved the books, I thought Russell Crowe was miscast as Jack Aubrey although he was very good however Paul Bettany as Stephan Maturin was perfect. 
    Having also read and loved the books, I thought Crowe played Aubrey very well. He may not have been the physical ideal (though not far off) but he pitched the part perfectly. Bettany as Maturin was ideal.
    He was good but I thought he played him a little too ‘sharp’, not enough blunder for my liking. 
  • Terry Scott as Tarzan.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom