Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So, Just How Much Has Your Pedalboard Cost ?

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9535
    edited February 2019

This is my main board. If I add in the cost of the cables, pedaltrain 2 and Voodoo Labs pp2+ then after a quick bit of mental arithmetic the total comes to...   £73.38

... at least that’s the total I arrived at the last time Mrs Fred asked.
    Brilliant... so true...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It was joining in with a similar thread to this a couple of years back that made me ditch my board and buy a Helix LT. I only have one block in my main gigging patch that wasn't present on my old board, and yet somehow I ended up with cash left over after selling the board and buying the LT.

Thanks, lads...this thread's justified my choice quite nicely :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• This is my main board. If I add in the cost of the cables, pedaltrain 2 and Voodoo Labs pp2+ then after a quick bit of mental arithmetic the total comes to...   £73.38

... at least that’s the total I arrived at the last time Mrs Fred asked.
    Brilliant... so true...
    and the best bit is, if I keep up gigging at my current rate, the board will have paid for itself by 2026. So it’s actually an amazing investment in out future and will help in our retirement.  How many other hobbies can you say that about eh?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited February 2019
    Pedals I'm using at home just now are a behringer vintage time machine (looks and sounds pretty much exactly like a DMM) Mainly for a cool verb-y, trem-y type sound. Cost me about £30. A boss os-2. For a mild od. Cost me about £30.

Plus a (always on) home made edge of breakup boost (peppermill). HM fuzz, and a HM orange squeezer. 

Send the wet out on the vtm to a WEM Clubman, and dry to a WEM Westminster.

Loverly! 

Don't really know what the total amount is. Got to be under a ton. 
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    Including my 2nd hand Helix I have about £2500 with about £1k of that ThorpyFX stuff.

Doubt I'll be stopping any time soon.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2395
    I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for helping to warn me away from diving into this rabbit hole.

I was contemplating replacing my POD HD500X with pedals, and while I've bought myself a TC Spark and a TS Mini, I stopped and costed up everything else I'd like to get the same functionality but with more organic drive sounds and "nicer" effects...

I've decided I'm happy for my sound to be 90% to my satisfaction for the sake of saving £500-1000!
    Tim
  • pedaltrain £40
    One spot cs6 £120
    TC subnup £60
    cheap klone £20
    MXR phase 95 £70
    replicator jr £260
    stone deaf syncopy £130
    Morningstar ML-5 £130
    HX Stomp £420
    patch cables at least £100
    patch boxes, isolators £50
    ABY £70

£1470

good god almighty
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    It was joining in with a similar thread to this a couple of years back that made me ditch my board and buy a Helix LT. I only have one block in my main gigging patch that wasn't present on my old board, and yet somehow I ended up with cash left over after selling the board and buying the LT.

This thread has made me decide to grab an FX8 and sell up.

Well bar a few choice pedals.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    DanR said:
    It was joining in with a similar thread to this a couple of years back that made me ditch my board and buy a Helix LT. I only have one block in my main gigging patch that wasn't present on my old board, and yet somehow I ended up with cash left over after selling the board and buying the LT.

Funny - couple of years ago, I sold all my pedals and got an AX-8.

Since then I've upgraded to a Axe-FX III - and it's still less than my amp/pedalboard was (and weighs less).

I'd certainly got into the addiction of buying/selling/trading the odd overdrive pedal every month or so - never spending a fortune, but it creeps up on you

• peteri said:
    DanR said:

Since then I've upgraded to a Axe-FX III - and it's still less than my amp/pedalboard was (and weighs less).

I'd certainly got into the addiction of buying/selling/trading the odd overdrive pedal every month or so - never spending a fortune, but it creeps up on you

And, if you like the kind of thing that your chosen effects unit manufacturer puts forth, you get a free NGD every few months to scratch that itch anyway.
    <space for hire>
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    peteri said:
    DanR said:

And, if you like the kind of thing that your chosen effects unit manufacturer puts forth, you get a free NGD every few months to scratch that itch anyway.
    Well I did looks at an the AX8 and the big one but I’m happy with my amps so I don’t think I need to go all that far but I’m toying with getting AX8 if I feel the extra £350 is going to be worth it.
  • It was joining in with a similar thread to this a couple of years back that made me ditch my board and buy a Helix LT. I only have one block in my main gigging patch that wasn't present on my old board, and yet somehow I ended up with cash left over after selling the board and buying the LT.

I’m the opposite, sold my LT and back to pedals.
    Although it was great, some pedals you just can’t replace.  Have a HX stomp now though, wanted to keep a bit of Helix versatility.

• I tried to do this cheaper than my last one after I sold everything off! £571 in total which includes the board, patch leads and Coiks DC5. Everything was secondhand apart from the patch cables. 
    That looks excellent btw, going to have to do a separate Boss board with a PT nano + 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Wazmeister and @builttospill ... my little board says thanks for the nice comments 
  • peteri said:
    DanR said:

Not if you own a Kemper!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Its ever changing but as it stands at the minute...

Pedaltrain Classic Jnr £70ish
    TC Polytune mini £50
    Wampler Ego mini £100
    Drybell Vibe Machine V2 £200
    Nobels ODR-1 £60
    Kingtone The Duallist £350
    Mooer Hustle Drive (So good) £35
    Strymon Lex £165
    Source Audio Nemesis £200
    Strymon Flint £250
    Total = £1480
    Still a few left to buy and a bigger board needed.

Am i good enough to justify this amount of gear??? Jurys still out!  :#
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876

I tried to do this cheaper than my last one after I sold everything off! £571 in total which includes the board, patch leads and Coiks DC5. Everything was secondhand apart from the patch cables. 
    Any reason why the tuner is at the end of the chain?
  • Mark1985 said:

Am i good enough to justify this amount of gear??? Jurys still out!  :#

If the payment goes through, you're good enough.

If being "good enough" for gear was a reality half of us would be playing exclusively stuff you can get from Argos.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Mark1985 said:

Am i good enough to justify this amount of gear??? Jurys still out! 

If the payment goes through, you're good enough.

If being "good enough" for gear was a reality half of us would be playing exclusively stuff you can get from Argos.
    Very true. I think i meant that id sound just as shite with a load of cheap pedals and that i should probably concentrate on learning how to play rather than buying new gear. Dont get me wrong, i can handle myself in certain situations but if id invested as much time into practicing as i have looking at new gear id be fecking awesome! But hey... thats all part of the fun isnt it??
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    At this very moment in time:

Harley Benton PP Jr - £25
    TC Polytune - £60
    Fuzz Pedal clone (think based on a Rams Head I dunno - I just use it for oscillations) - £40
    Way Huge Green Rhino Mk IV - £75
    S&K VHD Distortion - £180
    EHX Grand Canyon - £200

£580

I'll most probably be adding a mod pedal of some kind very soon, a reverb and that new EHX Mono Synth.