Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So, Just How Much Has Your Pedalboard Cost ?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited February 2019
    Arjailer said:

£666 total
    ...the Pedalboard of the Beast.

I may or may not have rounded a few items down to the nearest pound to hit that value  ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    edited February 2019

£2.3k give or take.

Could be a bit more* if I replaced a couple of pedals I built myself with commercially built ones.  A lot of that is in 3 pedals full of digital trickery - 2 big Strymons and a POG 2.

*Or quite a lot more if I replaced the buffer/boost pedal I built myself (containing a clone of the Cornish buffer) with an original Cornish.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Too much, frankly. I've been "downgrading"a bit recently - mainly because I realised that I preferred some cheaper things to the more expensive pedals that I owned but I'd be lying if I said that I was entirely comfortable with how much money was tied up in my board (particularly because I tend to play noisy garage rock anyway which has always been more about attitude than gear). 
  • Ive got helix + weeping demon + rockboard so I reckon thats somewhere around £1200-£1300ish
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    edited February 2019
    Mark1985 said:
    Mark1985 said:

Am i good enough to justify this amount of gear??? Jurys still out! 

If the payment goes through, you're good enough.

If being "good enough" for gear was a reality half of us would be playing exclusively stuff you can get from Argos.
     i should probably concentrate on learning how to play rather than buying new gear.
    You definitely should. And you should offload that talent-masking Vibe Machine for what you got it  for immediately. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited February 2019
    If I'd have commented on this thread when it first started then it would've been somewhere near £1600, and that's for an acoustic only board!!!

Like all good addicts, I'd managed to justify it to myself as totally logical, I had all 3 big box Strymon pedals, gen3 DPC, and a few other boutique pedals. 

The question of this thread may have been sparked by a chat I was having with Waz, when I realised just how much of put together. Needless to say I've started a more realistic board 

LR Baggs Venue DI £0 (I got this paid for)
    Boss CE5 £35
    Boss PH3 £45
    Boss DD7 £65
    MXR Carbon Copy £75
    Boss RV5  £50
    Red Witch Eve Tremolo £40
    Boss RC3 £55

With the power supply, board and cables I'm probably at £500!!! So much happier

• I tried to do this cheaper than my last one after I sold everything off! £571 in total which includes the board, patch leads and Coiks DC5. Everything was secondhand apart from the patch cables. 
    Any reason why the tuner is at the end of the chain?

Good question!

There isn't a crucial reason or anything but when placing it I thought of two minor advantages that may or not be real ... Everything below is almost certainly wrong. 

I don't have any buffered pedals in my chain, the Lightspeed is pretty much an always on. So from my very limited understanding, before the Lightspeed there are two true bypass pedals (TS mini and Fulltone 69) increasing the capacitance (is that the right term?) or somehow potentially degrading the signal and potentially losing highs. If I put the tuner first in the chain as is normal, that would mean my signal would be going through three true bypass pedals in bypass mode, which would potentially degrade/lose highs even further. Once my signal hits the Lightspeed which is switched on, from my understanding, it's like I have a buffer in place and my signal is then kind of on 'save' mode and shouldn't lose any more highs through the other switched off cables? So ... In my probably wrong head, it made sense to put the tuner at the end rather than the front. It also meant the 69 would see the 'cleanest signal' etc etc which people always say helps these fuzz pedals ... but honestly I can't hear a difference if I place a true bypass pedal before the 69 (buffered pedal is another story!). 

My other reason! Is that it allows me to mute my looper pedal without stopping the loop playing on the ditto which I find easier and quicker!

Hah so my second reason is a real reason, my first reason is probably wrong and even if it's right I'd never be able to actually hear a difference! But that's why it's last. 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    preston61 said:
    If I'd have commented on this thread when it first started then it would've been somewhere near £1600, and that's for an acoustic only board!!!

Like all good addicts, I'd managed to justify it to myself as totally logical, I had all 3 big box Strymon pedals, gen3 DPC, and a few other boutique pedals. 

The question of this thread may have been sparked by a chat I was having with Waz, when I realised just how much of put together. Needless to say I've started a more realistic board 

Boss CE5 £35
    Boss PH3 £45
    Boss DD7 £65
    MXR Carbon Copy £75
    Boss RV5  £50
    Boss RC3 £55

I didn't realise acoustic boards were a thing? Is this board for acoustic only too? What does "got this paid for" mean?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited February 2019
    BBBlues said:
    preston61 said:

Boss CE5 £35
    Boss PH3 £45
    Boss DD7 £65
    MXR Carbon Copy £75
    Boss RV5  £50
    Boss RC3 £55

I didn't realise acoustic boards were a thing? Is this board for acoustic only too? What does "got this paid for" mean?
    That one is, all the effects run through the FX loop of the venue. Don't use then all the time, but as I'm one of the few musicians on stage I like to fill some of the sonic space with some extra depth. 

It means, I got it paid for by someone else 
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    soma1975 said:
    Mark1985 said:
    Mark1985 said:

Am i good enough to justify this amount of gear??? Jurys still out! 

If the payment goes through, you're good enough.

If being "good enough" for gear was a reality half of us would be playing exclusively stuff you can get from Argos.
     i should probably concentrate on learning how to play rather than buying new gear.
    You definitely should. And you should offload that talent-masking Vibe Machine for what you got it  for immediately. 
    Touche!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    In 1988 I paid £458 for my new BOSS ME-5... that's the equivalent to ~£1225 today. And I thought £2000 for a Klon was ridiculous!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Smoothhound Receiver £149.00

Radial Bigshot £89.00

Crybaby wah      £79.00

Blackstar HTdrive £149.00

Boss OD3 £77.00

Arion SOD-1 £50.00

9v Powerbank £35.00

Boss BF2 Flanger £96.00

Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 £50.00

Boss TR-2 tremolo £77.00

Boss RE-20 Space Echo £185.00

Boss RCL-10 Comp/Gate £75.00

Korg Pitchblack £65.00

Aphex 110 Aural ExciterType E £50.00

2x Proel Remote footswitches £25.00

Other PSUs and cables £150

DIY Tray and lid type board.

Total £1,401.00

A lot of this has been on the board for years and in some cases decades. The SOD-1 and the RCL-10 have been replaced (twice for the SOD-1 and with a used unit for the RCL-10). No plans to change anything ATM, I have a couple of other things off the board for special occasions.

• BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    I like that you added pence (even though it didn't matter), its good to be precise.