Rob Chapman working with Thomann now?

What's Hot

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    To be fair he is a father so he can get away with dad jokes now.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I don't understand this Rob Chapman rule.
    That, presumably, is because you haven't invested the couple of minutes necessary to discover what it actually is.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    lonestar said:
    Sassafras said:
    If someone puts themselves out there as much as he does, he's bound to attract detractors as well as devotees.
    Yes, but it’s the most boring shit in the world to read time after time. He exists, he’s a guitarist, he’s on YouTube, he makes a living from being a guitarist on YouTube.

Get over it. 
    And if people criticised the output of that rather than just concentrate on the man himself then all would be well.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:
    Sassafras said:
    If someone puts themselves out there as much as he does, he's bound to attract detractors as well as devotees.
    Yes, but it’s the most boring shit in the world to read time after time. He exists, he’s a guitarist, he’s on YouTube, he makes a living from being a guitarist on YouTube.

Get over it. 
    And if people criticised the output of that rather than just concentrate on the man himself then all would be well.
    Agreed. As I’ve said before, I like him as a person. I dont care a huge amount for the demo videos he does but I’ll admit to watching the other content when the mood takes me. 

I’d be happy to sit and shoot the breeze with him over a few drinks, he seems like he’d be easy to have a laugh with. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Sassafras said:
    That, presumably, is because you haven't invested the couple of minutes necessary to discover what it actually is.
    You're right. I just don't care enough to waste my highly valuable time. I'm far too busy watching cat videos on Youtube.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Maybe we should have a rule forbidding Andertons videos altogether to prevent the appalling backlash they provoke. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe we should have a rule forbidding Andertons videos altogether to prevent the appalling backlash they provoke. 
    Ban videos from a retailer being posted here because a few folk can’t keep their monotonous opinions to themselves? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Watching a Rob Chapman thread is like watching a propane tank that someone has thrown on a bonfire. When is it going to blow? ..... now? ...... NOW?    The tension is unbearable but you can't look away.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    I'm having a great time reading this, it's so much better than writing about you know who
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I'm having a great time reading this, it's so much better than writing about you know who
    Voldemort?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26584
    edited February 2019
    Sassafras said:
    Or, y'know, folk could decide that they don't need to rush to declare their hatred for somebody they've never met every time his name's even hinted at.

That might work too ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I said VIOLENTLY APOTHETIC

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    tFB Trader
    Watching a Rob Chapman thread is like watching a propane tank that someone has thrown on a bonfire. When is it going to blow? ..... now? ...... NOW?    The tension is unbearable but you can't look away.
    Really? Because I see this...

https://youtu.be/U1_ZEL0ehkE
  • Sassafras said:
    Maybe you should just stick to the forum rules, or start your own forum with its own rules.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

I don't hate him... Good luck to him I say.. 

But he does look awfully smug in the video still (quite rightly really)...  But to look even more smug than Carl Weathers at the end of Predator is quite a feat..  :D

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    After all these years I'm yet to understand what the poor bloke has actually done wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe you should just stick to the forum rules, or start your own forum with its own rules.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men but for fools to follow.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

lonestar said:
    Sassafras said:
    Ban videos from a retailer being posted here because a few folk can’t keep their monotonous opinions to themselves? 

Absolutely.
    I'd go even further and ban all retailer videos because of the violent reactions they trigger.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    My problem is that as a chunky well spoken white guy with a beard & glasses. I often get disturbed by how similar he looks to me. His beard has grown thank fuck. But a while ago we did look too close for comfort. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Sassafras said:
    Or, y'know, folk could decide that they don't need to rush to declare their hatred for somebody they've never met every time his name's even hinted at.

That might work too ;)
    Calling it hatred is a bit of a stretch.
    I see it more as good natured gentle mockery.
    I certainly don't hate anyone.
    It's lighthearted and some people are taking it all way too seriously.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom