Rob Chapman working with Thomann now?

What's Hot

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    This thread has given me the best laughs in ages, keep em coming

Particularly like the clarkson comparison, i won't bother watching said vid though as can't be arsed
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    [modmin hat adorned]

The irony of the “Rob Chapman Rule” being stated in a thread about Rob Chapman is not lost on me. 

Play the ball not the man...

Consider this fair warning to all. 

Just give me my frets and let me move on. Thanks.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    carlos said:
    [modmin hat adorned]

The irony of the “Rob Chapman Rule” being stated in a thread about Rob Chapman is not lost on me. 

Play the ball not the man...

Consider this fair warning to all. 

Just give me my frets and let me move on. Thanks.
    I have far more hair than that ref. And I don’t posess a green shirt. 

Otherwise, fair play 
  • I've just seen Dave Johns on Sunday Brunch say 'I don't like peas, but I don't feel the need to stand in the supermarket and glare at them', and it seemed fairly appropriate for this thread...

Just sayin'
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I've just seen Dave Johns on Sunday Brunch say 'I don't like peas, but I don't feel the need to stand in the supermarket and glare at them', and it seemed fairly appropriate for this thread...

Just sayin'
    What if he was a member of a vegetable forum and there was a thread about peas - would he give his opinion on them?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    I've just seen Dave Johns on Sunday Brunch say 'I don't like peas, but I don't feel the need to stand in the supermarket and glare at them', and it seemed fairly appropriate for this thread...

Just sayin'
    Are you a hungover divorced woman or is there another reason you were watching that? 
    Red ones are better. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:

Just sayin'
    Are you a hungover divorced woman or is there another reason you were watching that? 
    I genuinely can't think of a witty comeback to that :/

thegummy said:

Just sayin'
    What if he was a member of a vegetable forum and there was a thread about peas - would he give his opinion on them?
    I kind of want there to be a vegetable forum somewhere on the internet...

'Pros and cons of pristine carrots vs naturally aged'
    'How much does the softness of the leaf affect the taste of a pepper?'
    'Butternut squash: peeled or unpeeled?'

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    edited March 2019
    TimmyO said:

Just sayin'
    I genuinely can't think of a witty comeback to that

thegummy said:

Just sayin'

Wouldn't surprise me if there was and carrot zealots argue aggressively with turnip zealots about what the best vegetable is.

Your examples made me wonder how long it will be before hipster cafes start reliccing food to make it look rustic
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26584
    thegummy said:
    TimmyO said:

Just sayin'
    I genuinely can't think of a witty comeback to that

thegummy said:

Just sayin'

Wouldn't surprise me if there was and carrot zealots argue aggressively with turnip zealots about what the best vegetable is.

Your examples made me wonder how long it will be before hipster cafes start reliccing food to make it look rustic
    Your wish etc.
    <space for hire>
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

"Tastes great with a guitar neck melted over them"?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico said:

'Goes really well with nut oil'

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Alnico said:

“Plays like butter-nut squash”
    How very rock and roll
  • Alnico said:

“Plays like butter-nut squash”
    'Although the top string seems to artichoke around the 15th fret'

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    It's that Andy from proguitarshop i can't stand for absolutely no reason. He's a stupid bum head! 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    When, some 10 years ago, we only had Andy from PGS, I was just happy to hear someone play all these pedals that nobody had in stock, thrying to spot the little song quotes. 

Mike Hermans and Brett Kingman popped onto the radar, another two different styles of pedal demo, more song quotes etc.

Then, the 2 guys in a shed look, talking to each other about the gear, and all the while the number of different YouTube channels increasing rapidly. 

There are now so many guitar channels, I can’t keep up with them all. I have my favourites and have gone off some channels that I liked previously when there was less choice.

Surely now that there is so much choice, you can easily avoid a presenter with whom you are less than enamoured?
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I like Andy. He’s definitely a cool guy and it would be nice to meet him. I think as far as YouTube content goes, JHS and TPS are making the best shows. I sit and watch JHS stuff for hours while I’m wet sanding. Occasionally I’ll flip over to Emerald City Guitars, they usually do quick run downs and demos of the more interesting vintage pieces that have come in to stock. 

I watch Andertons for the blindfold stuff or when there’s something slightly different happening, but that’s it. Ill also watch the Chapman VLog videos too the odd time.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    There is great content out there now, too much to keep up with. My favs are Tim Pierce, TPS (although I can't actually keep up so am more selective these days), Peach, some selective Andertons stuff. Need to check more JHS stuff out.....
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    I love watching Josh on his JHS YouTube channel.....I didn’t think I would like him for some reason, but he seems the coolest guy in the planet :)
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    JHS definitely has the most interesting channel now. Less faff, he doesn't go to deep on the tech side, and he's into his 90s alternative and grunge, so that always wins me over. Much better than just hearing shred or blues riffs TEN THOUSAND TIMES. Also, despite the fact he and JHS received some negativity a few years back (I don't know the back story and it's best left alone) he comes across very genuine, not at all pushy, and just likes pedals...

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Andy ex-PGS is also one of the best guitarists on Youtube for sheer versatility.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom