What’s your default amp?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited May 2019
    I feel a bit like Gert Frobe. (Goldfinger)

“Lazy J,  Mr Bond. All my life, I have been in love with its tone, its brilliance, its divine heaviness”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 366
    Used to be Soldano Decatone, had three of those. Last go-to amp before defecting to Fractal was the Bogner Shiva, had 4 of them...
    @firepaulmusic do you rate Fractal’s Shiva model and is it still your go to model on Fractal?

Amp I’m most using at the moment is a THD Flexi 50
    Yes, that's my main drive amp on the Fractal, also Deluxe reverb with Suhr Riot pedal which was my other setup for a while.
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    Blackface vibrolux reverb would be my main amp.

Portable and loud enough to gig.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24723
    I use a Helix most of the time - but I always go for the Marshall amp models - either the JCM800 2204 model or Line 6's own modded version of the 2204

• I've been using a handwired AC15 (Heritage series with the EF86 Channel) for 2/3 years - there was a hiatus where I sold it (Stupidly) and then a happy turn of events brought it back. I've gigged with all sorts, I'm yet to find an amp that cuts in the mix quite like that Vox. Though I would like something a little more home friendly to practice with.. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4163
    I've just bought a new Mk2 Blackstar HT-5 head. Used to have the old model many years back. The new version is the perfect home amp and I really can't see me moving on from it for a long time. I love my Katana combo (which is for sale)  but I wanted to go back to a head because I've got a cab and a combo taking up space in my study. 

The new HT5 is just lovely. Fantastic gorgeous clean, fab "just dirty" crunch, great rocks tones. The reverb is particularly nice, full but it doesn't get in the way like some do. Lots of output options, even the headphone out sounds good due to the reverb outputting in stereo. Needs a boost pedal for "modern" metal, but you'll get your Enter Sandman with the gain all the way up. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    Super Reverb and a Session Rockette
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Hotone Britwind Floor. I'd love a real tube amp, but I live in a small apartment without great soundproofing. The Britwind is small enough to fit on my pedal board, and can be hooked up to the computer via line out or XLR, and can be connected directly to a cabinet. It sounds great for a solid state amp, and kicks out enough volume through a 4x12 to jam with a drummer. It has 2 channels (Vox/Fender style and Marshall), but I just use the former as a pedal platform.
    I had a Helix LT, which sounded great, but I spent more time tweaking than playing so I sold it and am much happier with the Hotone.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1565
    J20 for home and small gigs (un-micced)

Magnatone Twilighter for the bigger gigs.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4219
    I've had a Tiny Terror, a Rockerverb, two Dark Terrors and I pretty much only use the Rockerverb patch on my Katana, so I guess my default amp is Orange! I love that high-gain sound of theirs
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    Matchless Chieftain 2x12 Combo. Sold it to a guitarist in Spain.  Deep regrets.....
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3110
    At home I gravitate t my Mesa Studio 22

For gigs I normally use a Marshall jcm800 4010 combo and a Marshall bass combo 5305? (together). I sometimes use the Mesa or even a Vox Pathfinder for tiny pub gigs.