Fender CS prices

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    prlgmnr said:

Unless custom shop guitars are just veblen goods
    I'm actually really surprised we made it to page 3 before this came up.
    ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380

Also take into account that Fender do not carry any stock in the USA, EU or UK warehouse (or indeed throughout the world) - Every guitar that is built, is already assigned to an appropriate dealer somewhere in the world - As such it carries an invoice and Fender will be paid within 7-10 days in most instances - So it is not a case that they have warehouses full of guitars they can't sell

Whilst the days of CS sitting in the wharehouse may have gone, Fender still produce large quantities of CS guitars ad lib and sell them to dealers at events like the one taking place in Holland tonight. Have you not gone to the event @guitars4you ? I've seen the pics and there's an awful lot of guitars there being snapped up by dealers from around the EU. 

terada said:
    The prices of custom shop instruments does seem off compared to potential UK demand. The Peach R8 thread is a perfect example of how quickly people will buy if the price is right.
    Actually that thread remains one of the strongest arguments against high-end guitars being "veblen goods" (I brought it up, so I should hit it back).

A decent price drop and they sold like hot cakes, well, they sold 40 of them.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    They make thousands every year, I’ll just wait for a used one at 1/3rd off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    terada said:
    The prices of custom shop instruments does seem off compared to potential UK demand. The Peach R8 thread is a perfect example of how quickly people will buy if the price is right.
    Actually that thread remains one of the strongest arguments against high-end guitars being "veblen goods" (I brought it up, so I should hit it back).

A decent price drop and they sold like hot cakes, well, they sold 40 of them.
    That wasn't just Peach.  Guitar Guitar had loads, and I think other retailers like Andertons had them as well.  The R9 in my avatar came from Guitar Guitar.  Across the UK there must have been hundreds in total.
  • I don't know if you can compare the Gibson fire prices to Fender range prices, as a way of proving they're too high and are limiting demand. 

I totally understand price elasticity. 

As the old retail saying - you can sell a pound for 50p (and that's exactly what Gibson did). 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Meanwhile at the CS....

https://i.imgur.com/qhcZudM.png
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72351
    edited June 2019
    Meanwhile at the CS....
    Ultra Heavy Relic Pete Townshend Signature Jaguar And Strat Collection

$99,999

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    edited June 2019 tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:

Also take into account that Fender do not carry any stock in the USA, EU or UK warehouse (or indeed throughout the world) - Every guitar that is built, is already assigned to an appropriate dealer somewhere in the world - As such it carries an invoice and Fender will be paid within 7-10 days in most instances - So it is not a case that they have warehouses full of guitars they can't sell

Whilst the days of CS sitting in the wharehouse may have gone, Fender still produce large quantities of CS guitars ad lib and sell them to dealers at events like the one taking place in Holland tonight. Have you not gone to the event @guitars4you ? I've seen the pics and there's an awful lot of guitars there being snapped up by dealers from around the EU. 

I have enough stock so did not need to justify a trip - I don't do NAMM these days but still get access to the Ltd Runs from such shows - I don't know the full stock listing of the Dutch event, but at NAMM only 1 of each product is produced for the show, to showcase - All stock is then produced based on orders taken

I did see a stock list 2 months ago, or so, that had a high number of unsold pieces, but they were not exactly high on my list of what to buy, so not sure if the Dutch event is to also clear out any unwanted goods
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Meanwhile at the CS....

Ultra Heavy Relic Pete Townsend Signature Jaguar And Strat Collection

$99,999
    Can’t say I’m impressed if the image is true. But then again, neither is anyone else who commented on the post. 
    GoldenEraGuitars said:

Can’t say I’m impressed if the image is true. But then again, neither is anyone else who commented on the post. 
    I can’t see the comments, but it does seem very wasteful. What was so wrong with them that they couldn’t be refinished?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    I am in the market for a CS tele (or similar) and you grinchy types are harshing my mellow
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    That pic is so far from the ethos of Leo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I am in the market for a CS tele (or similar) and you grinchy types are harshing my mellow
    There’s little mystery being deployed on custom shop guitars. For the same money, especially on the used market, they can be “bettered”. Depends how bothered you are about the name on the headstock 
    edited June 2019
    Easy fix dude, just go buy one, and confirmation bias and the sunk cost fallacy will have you in here screaming at us all and damning us for our cynicism...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    Meanwhile at the CS....

PRS does this too for guitars that are discovered to have “unsaveable” flaws...
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Meanwhile at the CS....

PRS does this too for guitars that are discovered to have “unsaveable” flaws...
    Considering the sunburst body in the picture is a “relic” I’d be keen to know what happened. 
    GoldenEraGuitars said:

Considering the sunburst body in the picture is a “relic” I’d be keen to know what happened. 
    Someone put a scratch in the wrong place, most likely.

;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    That Jag body has had a trem on it so presumably it made it to a completed guitar, I'm guessing the fault was found then. Can't really think what though
    That Jag body has had a trem on it so presumably it made it to a completed guitar, I'm guessing the fault was found then. Can't really think what though
    No screw holes for the pickguard and control plates though, so it couldn't have been anywhere near completed.