Fender CS prices

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Meanwhile at the CS....

https://i.imgur.com/qhcZudM.png
    This photo is probably no more than a bit of clever marketing along the lines of the old slogan "It's the fish that John West rejects that makes John West, the best."

In any case, when they are making over 200 'custom shop' guitars a week, that is hardly a lot of waste to be hanging around.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Meanwhile at the CS....

https://i.imgur.com/qhcZudM.png
    This photo is probably no more than a bit of clever marketing along the lines of the old slogan "It's the fish that John West rejects that makes John West, the best."

In any case, when they are making over 200 'custom shop' guitars a week, that is hardly a lot of waste to be hanging around.

It's also probably cheaper to do that than try to rectify them
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Strat54 said:

Also take into account that Fender do not carry any stock in the USA, EU or UK warehouse (or indeed throughout the world) - Every guitar that is built, is already assigned to an appropriate dealer somewhere in the world - As such it carries an invoice and Fender will be paid within 7-10 days in most instances - So it is not a case that they have warehouses full of guitars they can't sell

Whilst the days of CS sitting in the wharehouse may have gone, Fender still produce large quantities of CS guitars ad lib and sell them to dealers at events like the one taking place in Holland tonight. Have you not gone to the event @guitars4you ? I've seen the pics and there's an awful lot of guitars there being snapped up by dealers from around the EU. 

Just chatting with the UK C/Shop team today about the recent event in Holland - As per the NAMM show and the various CS Road Show events they often run in the USA, Fender will produce and commission additional promo stock for the event - Like the SRV model you mentioned - Fender EU + UK did not even get any indication of such stock until the event opens - It is no use to turn up to the event with another 'run of the mill' 62 sunburst Strat that every dealer already has in stock - So yes 'tasty' stock is commissioned for such events, to entice the dealer to spend more - They also had special deals on some of the unsold Master Designed models from the Roadshow they ran in the UK + EU last year 

But no CS stock is now held in the warehouses - Up to 2 years ago I could see a stock list of 40-60 CS Guitars in the UK + EU warehouse - The UK CS manager would drive up to the dealers stores every couple of months, with 10-15 guitars on board, so we could hand pick some additional stock  - That has all now gone
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited June 2019
    If I owned Fender I would push up CS price just a little to make the truly stunning  guitars from my new venture (The Mexico Custom Shop) seem more affordable.