Any Golfers on the forum?

What's Hot

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

That's amazing! Mr Palmer is an absolute legend. 
    You are right. Have a pic somewhere of his trophy cabinet. Has to be a few million dollars worth of silver sitting there. I think the club was sold about 20 yrs back but think you can still book a round there. Worth doing just to see the AP sculpture on the side of one of the fairways. A tree got stuffed by lightning so they chopped it about 12 foot tall and got a wood carver artist in to do the sculpting. Real class.

visits there something I will cherish as a memory forever. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Playing Druids Glen tomorrow afternoon which is one of my favourite courses. Rented clubs though so I’m not holding out too much hope! 
    Supposed to be superb.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    bazxkr said:

That's amazing! Mr Palmer is an absolute legend. 
    You are right. Have a pic somewhere of his trophy cabinet. Has to be a few million dollars worth of silver sitting there. I think the club was sold about 20 yrs back but think you can still book a round there. Worth doing just to see the AP sculpture on the side of one of the fairways. A tree got stuffed by lightning so they chopped it about 12 foot tall and got a wood carver artist in to do the sculpting. Real class.

visits there something I will cherish as a memory forever. 

Great story by the way. Our course has started doing some wood carving, turning certain trees into sculptures of animals. I think one large tree wrecked by wind and lightning is going to be an actual club. 

A 1 iron would be hilarious ala Lee Trevino.
  • Wife making mincemeat out of the par 5 today..

https://imgur.com/a/jKHIe2T
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Morning all - bit of a thread bump, but now the courses are back open...

I Managed to get 13 gloriously enjoyable holes in yesterday evening  at my club with my local golf buddy. The course was spanking, though the greens were hilariously slow (they've not been able to mow them to the correct height yet for some reason). 

I know I have a total bandit handicap (35) because of the conditions I played in to submit my cards, but it's fun because I scored 31 points on the 13 holes I played. Out in 49 and then 5,5,6,6 on 10 to 13 (which includes the two most difficult par 4s and a par 5)...

So glad to be back lpaying on the course again and not just taking the kids for walks on the public footpaths that cross it. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I am going tomorrow for some twilight session. Can't wait. And I'll make sure to bring many spare balls ;-)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Hole in one with first shot?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/52655331

I want him to pick my lottery numbers...

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    My course is open but I haven't rushed over yet, might book for next week when it's a bit warmer!
  • was gonna grab a quick 9 after work but had a busy day and Dr has upped my Propranolol which (I think) has increased my being tired.

finish at 2pm tomorrow so hopefully get a game in then.
  • paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    I tried to book a game for tomorrow and pretty much got laughed at by my three local courses
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    Played 9 holes at my local course this afternoon.
    Bit breezy but great to be back
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    Golf courses in ROI are due to open on Monday next.  My problem is that there is a 5 Km limit in how far you can travel from home so there will not be any golf for me for a while longer.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Busy but still slots available at my course, Oakdale in Harrogate. Great little course - first game since September booked for later today - then again on Monday. Likely to be rusty as hell but looking forward to it. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited May 2020
    Three rounds in 6 days and each one worse than the last. Lock me down again FFS!

Still scored 21 stableford points on the front 9 yesterday (based on my admittedly generous handicap), but went directly to ratshit thereafter...

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Nervous of the CV19 exposure tbh.  Normally play with 2 others from our band, but leaving them to rough up the course for now ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Ex footballers playing the same course as me on Saturday, can you name them.?

On Weds I played with my regular playing partner and as our club has made the move to allow supplemental cards to be submitted I decided to get one in and try and bring my 35 handicap down to a more representative level. I then went and hit 8, 7 and 6 on the first 3 par 4s  :s .

In the end I carded no fewer than three 7s including three re-loads off the tee. But I also had some very solid holes and made it round in 97, which for me is about as good as it has ever been - certainly at this club. Something like 41 Stableford points, so hopefully I can start geting the handicap down to non-bandit levels now the courses are in such good condition.

I logged into my club account earlier and the office manager has entered the supplemental card I submitted on Weds onto the system. It's dropped my h'cap from 35 to 31.5. So I'll be playing off 32 now - a step in the right direction... 

Not a bad adjustment for one card. A couple more good rounds and I may even make the status of Mctoot the ex-Bandit...

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1142
    During lockdown I've found time to get a wedge out and practise my chipping around the garden. Better still, my wife has taken an interest and has listened to some of my amateur coaching tips so she's actually able to chip reasonably frequently. I've found her a budget set of clubs from someone locally that we're collecting tomorrow which should fit her better and I'm hoping we can get to a driving range in the not too distant future. If I can get her to walk around a course with me I'll be a very happy man.
  • During lockdown I've found time to get a wedge out and practise my chipping around the garden. Better still, my wife has taken an interest and has listened to some of my amateur coaching tips so she's actually able to chip reasonably frequently. I've found her a budget set of clubs from someone locally that we're collecting tomorrow which should fit her better and I'm hoping we can get to a driving range in the not too distant future. If I can get her to walk around a course with me I'll be a very happy man.
    It’s brilliant mate, I love a round of golf with the Wife.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Whaaaat?  I thought most blokes played golf to get away from their wives!?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom