Any Golfers on the forum?

What's Hot

Comments

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Beautiful tee shot there mr @strumjoughlamps .

Getting those steps in as well - how does it work out for your fitness? 
    I strated playing last year and throughout last summer I reckon it contributed greatly to my weight loss (walking+other exercise during the week too). 
    What a lovely way to spend time out!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful tee shot there mr @strumjoughlamps .

I strated playing last year and throughout last summer I reckon it contributed greatly to my weight loss (walking+other exercise during the week too). 
    This year I have taken up golf and joined a gym so both are contributing to my getting into better shape..

Mon to Friday I spend 7 hours a day sweeping the streets so that has been a big contributor too..

Its funny the more I do the more I want to do, I will have a hard day at work get home have a shower, sit down and 10 mins later I am like 'I need to do something' so I am up and off to the gym for a workout or swim.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920

Chortle
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:

Chortle
    So what if I'm saving myself for the right man... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I used to play a lot before I got married and my daughter arrived!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Beautiful tee shot there mr @strumjoughlamps .

This year I have taken up golf and joined a gym so both are contributing to my getting into better shape..

Mon to Friday I spend 7 hours a day sweeping the streets so that has been a big contributor too..

Its funny the more I do the more I want to do, I will have a hard day at work get home have a shower, sit down and 10 mins later I am like 'I need to do something' so I am up and off to the gym for a workout or swim.
    Good for you mate! And it's so true that the more you do the more motivated you become. It sadly works exactly the same other way around hence why it's so important to keep moving and on the worse day dig for that extra motivation to move ar*e from the bed. 
    Looking at some stats here you are doing more than well - good stuff.

I'm hoping to play some twilight tomorrow night, last game was Sunday so quite golf-hungry now. Weather is supposed to be much better so fingers crossed.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Played 29 holes today ( 3 x 9 then 2 play off holes) played much better than Friday, 4 pars 2 birdies and a whole host of slightly missed chances for better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7418
    Part of me has thought about taking up golf on a few occasions - people who play seem to enjoy the camaraderie and get a new friendship group and all the hat seems healthy for an ageing chap.

But also occasionally I’ve been in or around a golf club and it all seems so darned odd - just a bizarre atmosphere - although perhaps how they’d feel at the folk club bar lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I've had a ball losing round today :( 4 balls I'll never see again
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    TimmyO said:
    Part of me has thought about taking up golf on a few occasions - people who play seem to enjoy the camaraderie and get a new friendship group and all the hat seems healthy for an ageing chap.

But also occasionally I’ve been in or around a golf club and it all seems so darned odd - just a bizarre atmosphere - although perhaps how they’d feel at the folk club bar lol 
    Generally most golfers are good normal people but occasionally there are some which can be absolute arseholes with a massive sense of self importance (generally club members rather than playing public) .Luckily they can be spotted a mile off and therefore avoided.

I have made good mates through the game and as said before get to go to Spain once a year with 11 others which is a non stop laugh, Play most weekends and don't take it too seriously, after all its only a bloody game!!

I would definitely recommend taking it up, maybe get a couple of lessons or find a "Get into Golf" type thing (which I did) and then enjoy throwing your clubs around the course like I did yesterday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Shot 89 round Sunningdale new today , putted like a tool. Old course tomorrow.  Fek it was HOT! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just bought myself to a new putter yesterday, didn't need one but my lad really gets on with it and he needs to improve his putting so I thought what the hell... Plus there was a 20% code yesterday which helped.

https://oldtom.golf/collections/clubs/products/ra91-putter

Its not here yet but have had 10 mins with one and it felt really good, really suited me. Be a bit strange at first going from my Nike one to this but should be fine, just as long as my lad is happy. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    played 18 last night, was WAY to hot. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Shot 89 round Sunningdale new today , putted like a tool. Old course tomorrow.  Fek it was HOT! 
    A few of my mates played the Old Course yesterday. The course looks in unbelievable condition. 
  • Been and had 100 balls at Toptracer, absolutely zero chance of me playing the course in this weather. 
  • joneve said:
    Shot 89 round Sunningdale new today , putted like a tool. Old course tomorrow.  Fek it was HOT! 
    A few of my mates played the Old Course yesterday. The course looks in unbelievable condition. 
    So I guess the boys are on the GM forum?

I played the old weds. Didn’t play anything like as well , 56points over the 2 rounds I think. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    joneve said:

I played the old weds. Didn’t play anything like as well , 56points over the 2 rounds I think. 
    aye. You know them? you on the GM forum also? 
  • joneve said:
    joneve said:

aye. You know them? you on the GM forum also? 
    I am recently , I was on the same trip but played in the opposite section with the Woodhall Spa boys. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Quite a crew of us then from GM :)

I'm playing tonight - hope the weather allows. Should be a nice two rounds at twilight. Came close to my PB on better ball last week (we play two ball) - which is still pretty rubbish ;)