Any Golfers on the forum?

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Barely looked at my clubs for 10 weeks, swing is a bit rusty but not touched the putter at all and it seems to have done wonders for me. 

Since we reopened I think I've maybe not played for 2 days.

Just really glad to be back out playing again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Morning all , seems years since I posted in here.  Golf now consumes most of my free time - the guitars gathering dust.   Joined Woodhall Spa As well as Coxmoor now so I have 3 great courses to choose from.  Desperate to get down lower than my current 17 in what is left of the season.  

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    So my wife picked up a bargain set of clubs yesterday, brand new just unwanted by the last selling them. Then we got a roll of AstroTurf and cut a piece to use as a practise mat to protect our lawn. Also means she can practise chipping shots indoors.
    She's actually keen to get to the driving range and a full course at some point.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thread resurrection time  =)

This summer has seen me playing far more than I have for the past 5 years. Mainly to get my 84yr old dad out for some much needed exercise (and myself) after the first 3 months of lockdown when neither he or my mum left the house let alone saw anyone except me when I took the shopping round.

The summer really has provided some excellent playing conditions with us not having missed a weekend since the clubs re-opened. His fitness has improved even though it's still pretty much the only exercise he's getting and even better both our scores have been coming down over the weeks. We play at Oakmere Park in Notts on the short, par 34, 9 hole, Commanders course. This week saw us both post our best scores with the elder shooting a respectable 47, bearing in mind he can now only hit about 150yds off the tee and I managed a very pleasing 40 (6 over for nine holes). If either of us learned to putt there'd be more to come off that too (On the first par 3 I was on the green in 1 and the proceeded to 4 putt!!!!!!!).

We're both in agreement to play as much as we can over winter and both of us are looking forward to it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Many years ago , but  I’m here to say on radio Scotland this morning ,they were on about the U.K. s longest hole, it’s something like 760 yards and is on One of the Orkney islands, it was really interesting. 

There are some longer holes around the world , but they think the Orkney one is equal due to how the ball travels in colder air or at different altitudes 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Many years ago , but  I’m here to say on radio Scotland this morning ,they were on about the U.K. s longest hole, it’s something like 760 yards and is on One of the Orkney islands, it was really interesting. 

There are some longer holes around the world , but they think the Orkney one is equal due to how the ball travels in colder air or at different altitudes 
    Drive and a 6 iron for Bryson Dechambeau, that one.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Back on with my regular golfing buddy this Sat after a short break due to hols and an intervening Ladies Captain Championship on a Sat (how thoughtless ;) )

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I was hoping to get a full year at it this year, playing 3-4 times a week and get handicap down to 10. As it is I have managed around once a week and am stuck at around 14 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    Guys, don't make the mistake of only thinking about the numbers and reducing your handicap.  Golf is a social game, enjoy and appreciate the bad shots as well as the good ones.  Smell the flowers, notice the wildlife and enjoy the walk around the course.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    Guys, don't make the mistake of only thinking about the numbers and reducing your handicap.  Golf is a social game, enjoy and appreciate the bad shots as well as the good ones.  Smell the flowers, notice the wildlife and enjoy the walk around the course.

Golf is all about the banter with my mates, the numbers are always a secondary thing.......  well apart from when we are playing a fiver a hole and then all banter stops and the game face is ON. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited September 2020
    Rocker said:

Never a truer word spoken, I had the most unenjoyable round ever last week thanks to a crap playing partner (crap as in a decent person rather than golfing ability). For me it is all about a good walk, chat and a laugh with a beer after.

Rocker said:
    Sadly I don't have a choice :/  The walk is the ONLY good bit ;)

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Back on with my regular golfing buddy this Sat after a short break due to hols and an intervening Ladies Captain Championship on a Sat (how thoughtless ;) )

Looking very wet for Sat round here :(

Feedback
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Im out this afternoon at Northcliffe 
    the last hole is a beauty 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom