Prosecutors unseal sex trafficking charges against Jeffrey Epstein

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    Freebird said:
    I can’t help feeling a bit suspicious after the photo of him being removed from the facility in full view of the paparazzi and sans-bodybag. When does that ever happen?

Given the amount of ridiculous shit happening in recent months and years I honestly wonder whether he’s actually made a deal to roll on everyone (and avoid a violent death in prison) and quietly gone into witness protection. The only way to stop his powerful acquaintances going after him is to make them believe he’s dead.
    Either that, or he's on a tropical island somewhere, and he's not ratting on nobody.
    You're not the first to suggest that....

https://twitter.com/fosterthepeople

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27002
    Freebird said:
    I can’t help feeling a bit suspicious after the photo of him being removed from the facility in full view of the paparazzi and sans-bodybag. When does that ever happen?

Given the amount of ridiculous shit happening in recent months and years I honestly wonder whether he’s actually made a deal to roll on everyone (and avoid a violent death in prison) and quietly gone into witness protection. The only way to stop his powerful acquaintances going after him is to make them believe he’s dead.
    Either that, or he's on a tropical island somewhere, and he's not ratting on nobody.
    You're not the first to suggest that....

https://twitter.com/fosterthepeople

Yup. 

Entierly possible he wouldn’t roll on anyone, but if reports of the stuff taken from his safe under warrant are true, that may be irrelevant. Assuming the whole thing doesn’t just quietly go away now, as many must be hoping.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2019

Attorney General Barr: Epstein co-conspirators 'should not rest easy'

"Let me assure you that case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein," Barr said in remarks to a law enforcement group in New Orleans on Monday. "Any co-conspirators should not rest easy. Victims deserve justice and will get it."

Barr additionally said he was "angered" about what he described as the Manhattan Correctional Center's "failure" to secure Epstein, and highlighted what he called "irregularities" in the MCC's system that have already surfaced in the early stages of the DOJ investigations.

"We are now learning of serious irregularities at this facility that are deeply concerning and demand a thorough investigation," Barr said. "We will get to the bottom of it, and there will be accountability."

.. video and more details in link below:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-general-barr-epstein-conspirators-rest-easy/story?id=64924045
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    One for the conspiracy theory crowd .. ear related.

https://twitter.com/phillyredpill/status/1160725169155059719
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    there's been a certain amount of mockery on the internet of anyone suggesting his death was foul play, but it seems that even the AG thinks somethings amiss. OFC I doubt he'll be able to prove anything (these people generally employ really good lawyers who make sure there's not enough evidence to convict ;), but it'll be interesting what he does turn up. 
    And while we can all have a good laugh at the fate of epstein, in our laughter we shouldn't lose sight of the fact there are real victims here who deserve justice. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Meanwhile, Ghislaine Maxwell is going through her little black book of blackmailed VIPs, trying to find one who will shelter her safely (instead of doing the obvious thing of disappearing her completely).

Maybe an oligarch? Because she seems to be a Bond villain's perfect PA: flies a helicopter, pilots deep-water ROVs and subs, trained EMT, speaks 4 languages.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    goldtop said:
    Meanwhile, Ghislaine Maxwell is going through her little black book of blackmailed VIPs, trying to find one who will shelter her safely (instead of doing the obvious thing of disappearing her completely).

Maybe an oligarch? Because she seems to be a Bond villain's perfect PA: flies a helicopter, pilots deep-water ROVs and subs, trained EMT, speaks 4 languages.
    ... whose Dad 'fell overboard' on his yacht.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019

edited August 2019
    Jeffrey Epstein death ruled 'suicide by hanging'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49377421
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    edited August 2019
    It also says he was found on the floor of his cell. Now I appreciate that there are a variety of ways to hang yourself but aren't most people who do it found literally hanging?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72350
    Kilgore said:
    It also says he was found on the floor of his cell. Now I appreciate that there are a variety of ways to hang yourself but aren't most people who do it found literally hanging?
    You only need enough height for the rope to allow the weight of your upper body to tighten it. You could probably do it from a door handle.

That's how more or less how Michael Hutchence died. He was found hanging by a belt from the top of a door, but in a kneeling position rather than fully off the ground.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    ICBM said:
    Kilgore said:
    You only need enough height for the rope to allow the weight of your upper body to tighten it. You could probably do it from a door handle.

That's how more or less how Michael Hutchence died. He was found hanging by a belt from the top of a door, but in a kneeling position rather than fully off the ground.
    I've always thought that in those kinds of circumstances, lack of oxygen, etc, that it would be almost instinctive to save yourself. 

I suppose you can't underestimate the determination to die.
    edited August 2019
    ICBM said:
    Kilgore said:

Didn't he have cigarette burns through to the finger bone when they found him? He also had a serious head injury a few years before, which changed his personality according to people who knew him.
    I could well believe he was in a mental state to commit suicide, the questions should be how was he able to obtain the materials to do it, and why was the suicide watch cancelled (IIRC it was cancelled, if it wasn't that asks an even bigger question).

edited August 2019
    NVimFuego said:
    I could well believe he was in a mental state to commit suicide, the questions should be how was he able to obtain the materials to do it, and why was the suicide watch cancelled (IIRC it was cancelled, if it wasn't that asks an even bigger question).
    He was also spending 12 hours a day with legal advisors in a private room, according to some reports.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72350
    It's certainly not over for some of the people who stood to gain most from his death...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/18/ghislaine-maxwell-fought-accusers-over-jeffrey-epstein

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Prince Andrew knows nothing..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49460263
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    well, call me naive if you want but I believe him. I mean, it's not like epstein had just been released from jail having served time for child sex offenses...

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    I find it highly unlikely Andrew wasn't in some way aware, if not involved.
    Either way it is a massive error of judgement.