Used, non-bank-breaking Porsche or similar - what are you experiences?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Does anyone know if Tim is okay?
    @WiresDreamDisasters he replied in this thread on Monday - not sure if that answers your q?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    @WiresDreamDisasters he replied in this thread on Monday - not sure if that answers your q?

Ah cool, I didn't spot that. I remember he was having a time of it recently.

Bye!

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    Nitefly said:

I was indeed - somewhat improved now thanks. 

I occasionally nose in the acoustic section and saw a bunch of notifications about this thread resurrection/ a mention but not really foruming much beyond that 
    Red ones are better. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    A silly video I made on cheaper FWD Porsches a few years back. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    edited July 2020
    soma1975 said:
    A silly video I made on cheaper FWD Porsches a few years back. 

Was it you driving the 944?

I drove a friend’s 968 Clubsport about 15 years ago and it still rates as about my favourite driving car ever. Superb thing. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    edited July 2020
    Nope I was behind the camera for this, usually hanging out the back of another car shooting them. They were great fun to get thrown about in though, and had an army of loving fans.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    soma1975 said:
    Nope I was behind the camera for this. 
    Ah ok, cool. 
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    edited July 2020
    Snap said:
    Fiat Coupe Turbo. reasonable price, bags of fun, very cool and surprisingly reliable. Sort of a cheap Ferrari. 
    I had one in the mid 2000s, great car. 2L 20V turbo 220hp and bright blue colour ! 

I still see a couple of them about.

I always fancied getting a Barchetta, that is a awesome little car.
  • TimmyO said:
    Nitefly said:

I was indeed - somewhat improved now thanks. 
    Glad to hear dude.

Bye!

• JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    Nearly two years ago I got the green light from the Management to buy myself a fun car.
    I had seen a 4WD 911 cabrio (996) for cheap, around 12K and drove down to see it, about 100 miles.  Got a reluctant OK from the missus.  Also saw a MB 280SLK at a local garage with a very good rep.  Cheap as chips at £7K.  Bought it, love it to bits.
    Many would regard it as a bit ‘hairdresser’, but it is totally fab, as fast and quick as I need (155mph), with the bonus of the folding roof.  Tiny inside, but a whole order of magnitude cheaper to service than the Porsche would have been.  Incidentally, the 280 was a very deliberate choice - it has the smaller of the two quad-cam V6s, so is less stressed and slightly more economical, but still with all the performance you might need.  A whole lot of car for very little money.