Phasers and tremolos - what's everyone using?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6079
    If you get stuck, I love my boss ph1-r. Probably the best phaser I've heard.

I also liked an old dod phaser, but not as much, and I have an ibanez cf7 which... I don't know if its a chorus, flange or phaser but it's sort of... Amazing. But awful. But amazing mostly. If you want to sound different, it's good.

For trem, I like the boss tr-2. I don't use trem much these days so I just use my zoom g5n. 
    Is that the DOD FX20C? One of the thickest, lushest sounding phasers I've ever heard. Sounds incredible but it needs to be kept in small doses as it's quite overpowering.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tremolo: David Rolo Twin Peaks

Phaser: HBE Psilocybe
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Simple Boss TR-2 (one of the later ones with the volume cut sorted).
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    Fez said:
    I've always like the Ibanez phasers.
    Completely agree with this. I used to have an Ibanez PH7 and it sounded great. Only got rid of it when I moved to an Eventide H9 but I could never get the phaser in the H9 to sound as good (to my ears) as the Ibanez. 
  • Boss PN-2 Tremolo Pan... incredible choppy goodness in a lovely seafoam Boss enclosure
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    rich75 said:
    Fez said:
    I've always like the Ibanez phasers.
    Completely agree with this. I used to have an Ibanez PH7 and it sounded great. Only got rid of it when I moved to an Eventide H9 but I could never get the phaser in the H9 to sound as good (to my ears) as the Ibanez. 
    +1 on the Ibanez phasers. I have the PT-9, PH-7, PM-7 and BPL (Bi-Mode phaser) and rate all of them.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    The ibanez PH7 is the best phaser ever!    
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    I'm using the Walrus Lilian phaser and my Amp's tremolo (Hamstead 60+RT) as it's amazing, but I do like the look of the Walrus Monument, I've added it into my shopping basket on more than one occasion before questioing if I really need it. If I need a more obvious phaser, I've got the Tone City Summer Orange which is a nice effect for cheap.
  • JezWynd said:
    If you get stuck, I love my boss ph1-r. Probably the best phaser I've heard.

I also liked an old dod phaser, but not as much, and I have an ibanez cf7 which... I don't know if its a chorus, flange or phaser but it's sort of... Amazing. But awful. But amazing mostly. If you want to sound different, it's good.

For trem, I like the boss tr-2. I don't use trem much these days so I just use my zoom g5n. 
    Is that the DOD FX20C? One of the thickest, lushest sounding phasers I've ever heard. Sounds incredible but it needs to be kept in small doses as it's quite overpowering.

I think so but can't remember... It was very heavy and thick. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Vintage-T said:
    I'm using the Walrus Lilian phaser and my Amp's tremolo (Hamstead 60+RT) as it's amazing, but I do like the look of the Walrus Monument, I've added it into my shopping basket on more than one occasion before questioing if I really need it. If I need a more obvious phaser, I've got the Tone City Summer Orange which is a nice effect for cheap.

How is the Lillian? Like what Walrus Audio are doing at the moment. 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Fulton Supa-Trem is the best straight ahead tremolo I've used. I also had the flint and liked it, but never found a use for the harmonic trem, which was the main thing that sets it apart from other trems.

I've not found a phase that I like more than the MXR Custom Shop Phase 90. I only use Phasers for long tremolo picking slow filter sweeps, so I don't need lots of bells and whistles. Set it at a very low speed and leave it is my approach.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    I’m currently without any Modulation or delay pedals, but after stumbling across a vintage MXR Distortion, I fancy a vintage Phase 45 now
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Branshen said:
    Line 6 tap tremolo. I dont know another single stomp size pedal that has tap tempo. The tap tempo gets alot of use. 
    Suhr Jack Rabbit. Nice trem with choice of waveforms and serves double duty as a clean boost on my board.
  • I confess I don't own one, but the TC Electronic Pipeline looks like a very versatile, competitively priced option...
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Just got an Ibanez PH7 for £40 off eBay to give it a try. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    joetele said:

Let us know your thoughts.
  • Has anyone tried the TC Electronic Pipeline tremolo?
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Fuengi said:
    joetele said:

Let us know your thoughts.
    I love it. It's my perfect kind of phaser - no volume drop when engaged (level knob helps!), can do lovely slow phase to not-unpleasant wobble, with two usable different settings. Really nice pedal, and no need to change it unless it develops a fault. Reminds me of a much more pleasant take on the Boss Phasers. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs