Watch Geeks Needed

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Just me thinking out loud again. In the spirit of "get what you really want and nothing else" - I think what I really want is a Junghans. The Form C / Max Bill / Max Bill Chronoscope all seem to tick every box. 
    If it helps, Watch GAS does function much the same as guitar GAS in as much as if you buy a cheap one you'll often be thinking about what to replace it with after a couple of years, while if you buy The One, you'll keep it forever and never regret it. 
    Yeah. Thats why I think it needs to be a Junghans. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    FYI, you won't get a sapphire crystal on a Max Bill unless you spring for one of the new limited editions, and the LE Chronoscope is nearly £8k. The LE version of the standard watch is roughly the price of a standard Chronoscope, from memory, but the PVD case isn't my cup of tea.

For what it's worth I prefer acrylic on lots of watches, including the MB.
  • barnstorm said:
    FYI, you won't get a sapphire crystal on a Max Bill unless you spring for one of the new limited editions, and the LE Chronoscope is nearly £8k. The LE version of the standard watch is roughly the price of a standard Chronoscope, from memory, but the PVD case isn't my cup of tea.

For what it's worth I prefer acrylic on lots of watches, including the MB.
    Not obsessed with sapphire tbh. Will need to save up some monies first anyway (just been on holiday) but its looking like a Form C would fit the bill nicely. 
  • So, rather amusingly, having slipped down a watch rabbit hole, driven my wife mad showing her pictures of junghans, added stuff to baskets, deleted stuff from baskets, flitted from divers to bauhaus to fliegers to bauhaus to dress to bauhaus to divers to cheap to expensive and all the way back again...

I didn't buy a watch. 

Instead I bought two. An Orient Bambino to satisfy my "something mechanical and semi-formal to wear at work without being outrageously expensive" and a Swatch Sistem (51) Bau which satisfies my "something mechanical but different to wear for fun". 

Basically I realised that I couldn't get everything I wanted in a single watch without spending way more than I would be comfortable with, so this compromise ticks every box and cost a lot less than even a quartz junghans.