what amp do you play through at home?

What's Hot

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Either unplugged electric, acoustic, or plugged into a Tone King Imperial 20th Anniversary with the attenuator on

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Belcat 20r a bit of a major unsung bargain, being basically a Blues Jnr for half the money, now rebadged as a Sub-Zero 29
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I think I tried most of the 1W jobs, but have ended up either using my AC15 or Genz Benz Black Pearl as they just sound so much better even with the volume down

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Im using the Laney IRT Studio ( The Ironheart studio thingy). In fact, I like it so much, Im even tempted to get the combo version and sell the Mesa Boogie.. 

In other news, the IRT sounds uhhh-mazing via a PA so if we go down the IEM route, it may be become my main amp.. :|
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    90% of the time it's through a Carr Sportsman with pedalboard in front. I've tried all sorts of low power and digital options (THR etc) and nothing comes remotely close. I live in an end terrace so it's not at blistering volume either.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Tech 21 Trademark 10 here. For silliness when I have visitors, a Vox AC1. I tried playing my Diezel Herbert in my old cellar studio but everything down there vibrated like crazy, so I only use that in my band's rehearsal space now. I have been wondering about getting something else, maybe even an Axe FX, but I probably couldn't cope with all the options that would offer.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9545
    edited May 2014
    dindude said:
    90% of the time it's through a Carr Sportsman with pedalboard in front. I've tried all sorts of low power and digital options (THR etc) and nothing comes remotely close. I live in an end terrace so it's not at blistering volume either.
    /blockquote>

for me, this is the secret right here.... An amp that can be used home AND live, and there are few better than the Sportsman, imho....

Sadly, mines just moved to pastures new to fund this Jim Kelley Reverb. And, yes, I am using it at home as well. I have got the attenuator, but it doesn't always need it; even in a Two bedroom semi...

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks lush Waz, how does in compare to the Carr?
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I hardly ever plug in at home, but when I do it's the Vox AD15VT. I've used it for living room level band practices and even gigged it once for a laugh. It's surprisingly good!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Fender Champion 600 or VHT Special 6 Head into 1 x 12.  Pedals for drive.
  • JookyChap;242689" said:
    I think I tried most of the 1W jobs, but have ended up either using my AC15 or Genz Benz Black Pearl as they just sound so much better even with the volume down
    Ac15's are a bit of a magic amp in my opinion, they seem to make even my Ham fisted efforts sound pleasing.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Vox DA5, hooked up to my laptop and pedals.
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    A Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C which is very easy to dial in thanks to it's PPIMV control. Still sounds like it's moving air at TV volume. Will be having a Blackstar ID Core10 soon for the 2am jams. ;) 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited May 2014
    My Blackstar HT 40. Still sounds good at low volumes.

My family might disagree that the volumes I use are actually low...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    edited May 2014
    dindude said:
    Looks lush Waz, how does in compare to the Carr?

Well, mate,I am now officially Carr less !

I p/x my Slant against the Jim Kelley, and have just sold the excellent (and much loved and missed) Sportsman to Alex (@smogfalls).

Actually, in terms of tone, the Sportsman comes pretty close to the Kelley. But the Kelley is just more; fuller and 3d if that makes sense. They talk about the Kelleys in terms of Dumble and Trainwrecks, and you can see why. It is a truly spectacular amp, but at £3300 it should be.

I would loved to have kept the Sportsman, but common sense has to prevail for once, and the costs had to be covered !

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    57Deluxe said:
    Richardj said:
    Sorry!

Play in here most of the time.

Nearest neighbors are about a half kilometer either side, open valleys and farmland back and front.  Looking forward to getting the '68 Custom Twin to fill the room a bit.  Or at the other end of the spectrum just into Amplitube on my iPad!
    ...where's your amps? where's your guitars on stands? Does your wife not allow them in the grownups room??
    Well it is the 'good room'!  I keep the guitars in our room as the temperature and humidity are a bit more consistent.  I keep an amp on a little dolly under the piano and my effects are in a Boss BCB-60.  Takes about 5 minutes to set up and put away when done.  Domestic harmony maintained!
    Richard,

That looks like paradise to me... a beautiful, calming and inspiration room. Perfect !
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236

recently through this:

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Mainly unplugged acoustic nowadays.  But when I do it's usually my Yamaha THR10C.  Can't believe nobody else has mentioned these but could be that it's been covered before in other threads.