Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Digitech FreqOut

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Yeah, headphone and desk monitor playing is my problem, so this is perfect for that application.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Cool. I've been wanting something like this for years! 
    Kind of disagree that you need masses of volume to get feedback though. I can get nice (IMHO) feedback at home just by sticking my guitar in front of my amp. Obviously you need a bit though wouldn't work with headphones! Would be nice to have more control and be able to use it with different fx etc too.
    True you can get feedback naturally like that i.e. less volume. Just harder to tease out. More control instantly with the freqout :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Quote from Thomann Customer

the generated signal abruptly cuts off after 6 - 10 seconds. ...

The short cut-off actually does annoy me, even though I was prepared for it. It must have been a hardware limitation rather than a design decision. Eight seconds is fine 90% of the time, but maddening when you really do need the signal to continue for a little longer. They could have at least made it fade out slowly. This is the pedal's largest failure, I think.

This true?

The short cut-off actually does annoy me, even though I was prepared for it. It must have been a hardware limitation rather than a design decision. Eight seconds is fine 90% of the time, but maddening when you really do need the signal to continue for a little longer. They could have at least made it fade out slowly. This is the pedal's largest failure, I think.

This true?

No. I've recorded with the pedal very recently. Got 20-30 seconds out of it easily.

Bye!

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    WiresDreamDisasters said:

No. I've recorded with the pedal very recently. Got 20-30 seconds out of it easy. 

What happens after does it cut off suddenly? 

This true?

No. I've recorded with the pedal very recently. Got 20-30 seconds out of it easily.
    Great stuff, thank you :-)

• WiresDreamDisasters said:

No. I've recorded with the pedal very recently. Got 20-30 seconds out of it easy. 

It fades out naturally to me.

Bye!

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822

That's better. 
    edited October 2019
    Quote from Thomann Customer

This true?

To some extent it’s true for me I’ve found. One has to work a string somewhat to get that little extra. If you have a lot of gain on then it’s easier. End of the day it’s not a freeze pedal or something 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799

Me also- it is all down to your touch on the instrument and your vibrato technique.

This true?

It only produces feedback in so far as it is getting a strong enough note/signal from the guitar. The note stops ringing, the feedback stops
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    edited October 2019
    I returned one because of this, trying to feedback a harmonic, so no option possible to keep the note going with finger vibrato, it died like a badly set noise gate.

I regretted it, it sounded brilliant for anything else.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I tried this afternoon. It held for about 20 seconds and faded out one light at a time quite naturally without any vibrato. 

I wonder if it isn't the Gain / Onset settings that affect the fade out. 
  • Fuengi said:
    I tried this afternoon. It held for about 20 seconds and faded out one light at a time quite naturally without any vibrato. 

I wonder if it isn't the Gain / Onset settings that affect the fade out. 
    Or a case of expectations. Like... working the note a bit to sustain feedback doesn't sound any different to me than the normal method of working with feedback. 

Bye!

You must place it before any OD /Distortion pedal imo 
  • You must place it before any OD /Distortion pedal imo 
    Yes absolutely.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It likes a clean signal which generally contain more frequencies than a dirty signal. It has something to lock on to. You can also goose it with a compressor before it which gives it a bit more even level to work with.
  • I was able to pick up min just before the New Year,  right before they hiked up the price.  Even at the higher price, it would have been well worth it.  I had a BOSS DF-2 Distortion Feedbacker, many years ago, and the distortion was okay, but the feedback feedback feature was gimmicky and awful.

The Frequout tracks very nicely, and is easily customize-able. Worthwhile unit that tastefully transforms your sound with wonderful feedback effects, without having to play at ear-splitting volume levels.  A must have.

Importing pictures here seems to be problematic.  Can anyone talk me through it?  There must be a way to put a direct link, where the picture appears within the thread, without having to click on the link.  On all other websites I use, I simply copy the BBCode (Directly from Imgur), and paste it, and it just works.

Make sure to put it in the little image box thing at the top of the post, and press space after.

Ahh.  Thank you kindly!

• DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 137
    Anyone compared one of these to a Boss FB-2? Or owned both?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    You must place it before any OD /Distortion pedal imo 

I have tried it both before and after my drives, I actually prefer it after drives before modulation and delays.

Not sure why but it sounds better to my ears there.