You Know You're a Guitar Geek When...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• When you visit a guitar show and find yourself walking out after less than a couple of hours, having seen perhaps 8-10 guitars that (given the funds) you would have any interest in buying.  For the record, 3 of these were on one stand.

When you know the stand belonged to @guitars4you .

You win.

Any idea where the others were?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickLNickL Frets: 153
    You notice that a busker is knocking out mediocre Ed Sheeran covers on a £1500 guitar and decide they obviously need the money less than you do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    NickL said:
    You notice that a busker is knocking out mediocre Ed Sheeran covers on a £1500 guitar and decide they obviously need the money less than you do.
    Aye it's no longer the case that buskers are in need of a few bob, these days they're X Factor wannabee types with their social media page on a placard.

I found out that it's Ed Sheeran who caused this cause part of his back story is that he started out busking.
  • ....you identify with almost every comment on this thread !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094

When you visit a guitar show and find yourself walking out after less than a couple of hours, having seen perhaps 8-10 guitars that (given the funds) you would have any interest in buying.  For the record, 3 of these were on one stand.

When you know the stand belonged to @guitars4you .

You win.

Any idea where the others were?

Sadly not... it just mirrors my experience at shows. It's just super well selected stock. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ...you realised you'd dodged a Bullet after deciding against that MDPhillips Guitar purchase.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
    When the picture is of a lady who isn't quite wearing a bikini you're squinting to see what model of RG is in the background...
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 609
    HAL9000 said:
    When you go to a music store for a pack of strings and come home with a brand new Les Paul.  (me)
    I went to buy a hub cover from Toyota and came out having ordered a car!
    You win! Ermmm, something..........

I am off into the city today to take back the Strat I have up for sale at a shop 'cause I just can't bear it any longer.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    ...you can tell a Rickenbacker bass copy by the position of the upper strap pin.
  • When you can't look at architectural photography (even award winning photography) without feeling a bit nervous about the location of your money
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom