Boss DD 200

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    roberty said:
    Fuengi said:
    Arrived this morning. Lost most of this afternoon to Tera Echo and Pad settings =).

Seems to make your guitar sound better, maybe the buffer?
    Congrats :) yeah it's good fun to play with. I should probably jam with it more. You going to wire it into a board?
    Not sure what you mean by 'wire it into a board'? 

Running with a Klone, Thorpy Warthog, Thorpy Team Medic before and a Boss RV-5 after into a Tone King Falcon. Also played it through my Mesa Maverick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Had this a few days now so a couple of early observations.

Dislikes:
    1. Only four preset slots. I wish you could dial in and save your preference for each delay type like you can on the EHX Grand Canyon. 
    2. The time control is overly complicated with two settings and two ways to change the time. I'm getting used to it but it's a learning curve. You can dial in exactly the BPM or MS from this control. 
    3. Nothing else.

1. There are endless opportunities for creating almost any type of delay easily and quickly. 
    2. The tone of the pedal is truly exceptional. I think this may be the only reverb / delay / modulation  pedal I have used that appears to improve your core tone. 
    3. The Mod Depth and Param controls are really well thought out and work beautifully. For example, on Standard delay setting Param controls the the attack of the delay and makes a significant difference to how clean and digital it sounds depending on where you set the Param. 
    4. Design, size and ease of use. It's slightly bigger than an old DOD pedal in footprint. The footswitches are angled well.
    5. The looper is great. Dead easy to use and sounds as good as the rest of the pedal. 
    6. Ambient options are fantastic. Reverse mode with the right setting produces a gorgeous swell and sparkle. Tera Echo and Pad are just made for ambient textures which you can loop and play over. 
    7. Totally silent operation. I can only think that the buffer also helps with the tone. 
    8. 'Tis all for now.

Have barely scratched the surface but I likes what I sees so far. 

• Fuengi said:

Dislikes:
    1. Only four preset slots. I wish you could dial in and save your preference for each delay type like you can on the EHX Grand Canyon. 
    2. The time control is overly complicated with two settings and two ways to change the time. I'm getting used to it but it's a learning curve. You can dial in exactly the BPM or MS from this control. 
    3. Nothing else.

1. There are endless opportunities for creating almost any type of delay easily and quickly. 
    2. The tone of the pedal is truly exceptional. I think this may be the only reverb / delay / modulation  pedal I have used that appears to improve your core tone. 
    3. The Mod Depth and Param controls are really well thought out and work beautifully. For example, on Standard delay setting Param controls the the attack of the delay and makes a significant difference to how clean and digital it sounds depending on where you set the Param. 
    4. Design, size and ease of use. It's slightly bigger than an old DOD pedal in footprint. The footswitches are angled well.
    5. The looper is great. Dead easy to use and sounds as good as the rest of the pedal. 
    6. Ambient options are fantastic. Reverse mode with the right setting produces a gorgeous swell and sparkle. Tera Echo and Pad are just made for ambient textures which you can loop and play over. 
    7. Totally silent operation. I can only think that the buffer also helps with the tone. 
    8. 'Tis all for now.

Sounds great. I take it you don't use a Midi switcher with it @Fuengi ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Fuengi said:

Dislikes:
    3. Nothing else.

8. 'Tis all for now.

I don't even know what that is @hotpickups ;
  • Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:

Dislikes:
    3. Nothing else.

8. 'Tis all for now.

Lol I mean a switcher like the boss es8/5 or Gigrig G2 etc 
    Fuengi said:
     I take it you don't use a Midi switcher with it @Fuengi ?
    Lol I mean a switcher like the boss es8/5 or Gigrig G2 etc 
    Nope. My chain today was: Klone / Thorpy Warthog / Thorpy Team Medic / Digitech Freqout / DD 200 / Boss RV-5 / straight into TK Falcon front end. 

The Team Medic keeps everything in check for sure but the DD 200 certainly seems to improve the quality of the tone. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @Fuengi ; I never considered the possibility of using the more out there delay types with the looper. Must be getting old! Congrats sounds like you're getting a lot out of it
  • @Fuengi - great write up mate - thanks
  • Agreed, really useful write up, thanks.
    Forgot to mention that I also used the stereo in / out side to send it through my 2nd pedal board and into my other amp. Quite handy.
  • I’m so getting one  :) Thanks @Fuengi  for the feedback 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Hnnnggghhh....dunno whether to go for one of these, or just get a second hand DD-7 / Tera Echo combination.
    Dopesick said:
    Hnnnggghhh....dunno whether to go for one of these, or just get a second hand DD-7 / Tera Echo combination.
    That was where I was heading until I realised the DD-200 had a Tera Echo setting.

I picked up my first Tera Echo off Gumtree a few years ago for £75 in mint condition. I can't find one now for much under £100. Used DD-7 around £75? 

If you said £170 for a DD-7 & TE-2 used, another £50 for a new DD-200 seemed an easy decision. 
    Yeah that's the conclusion I came to. There's a couple of Tera Echos on eBay at the moment for well under 100.

At the moment I'm favouring the standalone pedals because it would be much cheaper, and I'd love to try them combined. It would sound pretty glorious.
  • I’m not sure what I’d use the tera echo for tbh 
    Dopesick said:
    Yeah that's the conclusion I came to. There's a couple of Tera Echos on eBay at the moment for well under 100.

At the moment I'm favouring the standalone pedals because it would be much cheaper, and I'd love to try them combined. It would sound pretty glorious.
    There is one on there for £75 which someone has clearly used with their cricket boots on!  :o
    Fuengi said:
    Dopesick said:

There is one on there for £75 which someone has clearly used with their cricket boots on!  :o
    Yeah I saw that one too. Call me Mr. Picky but I'll give that one a miss, even though it probably works just fine.
    Just ordered a MD 200 to go with it.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Found a couple of uses for the Shimmer setting. It's really nice you get this sort of string section pad poking through here and there. Glitchy octave up whammy -> shimmer delay sounds really cool
  • I’ve gone down the MD500 route in preparation for the Dd200