Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitars I would buy again

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99 said:

So I would buy... 

Early Custom Player 60s Strat in Sonic blue. Fantastic guitar, the twangiest Strat ever and the match of any of the (more than 20) Custom Shop Strats i’ve subsequently owned. 

Do you mean classic player strat?
    Yup
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    My old Pearl LP custom which I think is now in Harry Seven’s lock up somewhere :)
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6717
    Guitar I did buy again -

Epiphone Century. Single P90, tuned down to D with wound G string. The best home blues-noodle guitar. Don't even have to plug it in ;)
    Oh if we're going there.... I bought back the same Ovation Viper 8 or 9 months later. Still got it. Staying for now....possibly. 
  • My definitive list of guitars I would buy again

None. They all got sold for a reason
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Three ....

1. Hohner Jack - brilliant little thing and a great travel guitar (fittedi in the Samsonite perfectly)

2. Early Ibanez AS80 - really was the dog's danglies, fast neck, lovely action.  It was the 90s and I "needed" something pointy .....

3. Yamaha Silent (steel) - Had work done on the frets/action and it was great - neck a tad narrow but ok.  The perfect traveller guitar - never had anything near as good since.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • An early Epiphone Les Paul goldtop that I stuck a Duncan JB in the bridge.

It was relatively lightweight, had a great neck (not too slim) and stuck through a Marshall gave me THE sound I was looking for.  Probably did a few hundred gigs with it before selling to 'upgrade' to a Gibson (that lasted less than 6 months).

Every humbucker loaded guitar I've owned since has failed to give me the spark that one did.

• I've had a few RGs, including a very nice RG550 which I bought from Jaden Rose. I'd buy another one; proof of which is the fact that I'm currently negotiating with a guy on facebook to do a swap for my Squier...
    Wait?

You are negotiating a trade of a Squier for an RG550?!?!

If you pull that off you need to write Art of the Deal Vol:2!!!
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Kramer pacer vintage tiger stripe, charvel so cal ,slime green, sterling sub ax (like axis evh) Jackson soloist sl3x neon pink
  • Les Paul Traditional Pro 2 (one of the few occasions that Gibson got it bang on) and Japanese Charvel San Dimas (on a par with their US guitars and way better than the Mexican ones)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm...so thinking about the ones I might consider buying again and conceivably could, as opposed to "ones that got away" and that I couldn't get back even if I wanted to, I'd say....

- Early 2000's LP Standard. Probably wouldn't choose Honeyburst (aka Pooburst for good reason) second time around but I recall that feeling and sounding like my idea of a great LP
    - CS 51 Nocaster - I have other teles now, but I'd definitely have one of these again
    - CS '56 Strat in blonde. The strattiest of strats
    -  National Resophonic Tricone (NRP as opposed to original...never had an original)
    - Lebeda dobro. Sold it because I needed the money and wasn't playing it, but would be the first brand I'd look at if I was looking for another squareneck

Amps...if I ever found myself gigging in a band again, I'd very happily re-acquire a Mesa DC5, or a good 5E3 clone.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24563
    I'd buy back my early 80s (I think it was an 83) Gibson Explorer.

It was white with gold hardware and it was awesome. Should never have traded it in.
    Chandlers took it as a part-x in about 1996.

I wonder where it is now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeslmikesl Frets: 126
    Collings 290, Xotic XSC-2 and every PRS DGT I sold (always bought another lighter one within a month!)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    Another Musicman Majesty, flexible neck included ;)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9732
    I got rid of a Squier Affinity Tele because, in my head, it wasn't a real Tele. Lacked the through-body stringing, the skunk stripe, and the 'cup' jack socket (and probably the right name on the headstock but I don't recall that ever being an issue). Truth is it had that proper Tele 'spank', a very decent neck, and was a lot of fun.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3058
    My biggest regret was selling my Fender USA Sambora Strat
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Interesting thread.

Been through scores of the wretched things, mainly attributable to the classifieds on here...  The ONLY one I genuinely miss, and would reacquire in a heartbeat, was my Feline Lion Supreme Slash 2.  Sold for a mess of pottage (well, to fund a vintage thing that in the event played like a dog and I sent on its way soon after).

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    My Hofner club 60 from the early 60's.my first electric  .My JV strat  bought new I had to sell to keep my house and a 2014 Gibson Melody Maker that I should have kept  just because .
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Also ... should never have got rid of my Teal Stripe Peavey Studio Plus - great little amp !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12670
    I've had a few RGs, including a very nice RG550 which I bought from Jaden Rose. I'd buy another one; proof of which is the fact that I'm currently negotiating with a guy on facebook to do a swap for my Squier...
    Wait?

You are negotiating a trade of a Squier for an RG550?!?!

If you pull that off you need to write Art of the Deal Vol:2!!!
    Depends on the Squier... early skettie logo JV would be worth quite a bit more than the Ibby (and being contraversial - a much better instrument).

What do I regret/would buy back...

1. My original, highly modded Antoria Les Paul Custom. Swapped it for a Sound City (Sound Shitty) head and 4x12 in 1992. I watch for it daily on Reverb and eBay and have done since eBay launched in the UK.
    2. My '68 Telecaster - stolen in 1997. Bastards.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I had a mid-late '70s Ibanez Artist 2618 that I foolishly parted with many years ago. It was a superb (if heavy) guitar that I, if I had the money, would buy another in a heartbeat.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....