Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Black Friday

What's Hot

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    I have resisted so well, so far, but the PMT Black Friday notification (just 10% off) pushed me over the edge! I went for the Helix rack and small powered monitors that I have been hankering for. Now in the dog house with the boss.
    The internet is an evil thing.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The only real deal I've seen is the Brent Hinds terror at 299 - Which seems decent for an Orange amp with quite a lot of bells and whistles.
    PMT are offering 10% off pretty much everything which isn't a bad deal at all as they usually keep up in price with everyone else online. 
    The whole thing stresses me out quite a bit - I am hankering for a new guitar anyway and have the budget to spend but I've been obsessing over finding the best "Deal" for a few weeks now.

Made the decision this morning to just go and try everything I'm interested in this weekend. If it's the right guitar I'm sure an extra 5% wont hurt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

• Made the decision this morning to just go and try everything I'm interested in this weekend. If it's the right guitar I'm sure an extra 5% wont hurt
    Wis'd for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    kaypeejay said:

Made the decision this morning to just go and try everything I'm interested in this weekend. If it's the right guitar I'm sure an extra 5% wont hurt
    Wis'd for that.
    Best cure for GAS is to go and play the thing IME
  • roberty said:
    kaypeejay said:

Wis'd for that.
    Or play what you already have and realise it is plenty good enough for what you need.

Then spend the money on something really useful like beer :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Had a look around and this year seems pretty crap.

Not even amazon are doing decent deals this year for tech like they usually do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Seen some very good software deals again this year. They seem to really go for it on black Friday, since they have no materials or anything they can basically just choose any price at any time.

In case anyone doesn't check the recording section, SoundToys stood out the most in this regard.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3989
    Peach have some pretty decent deals.

OR have had some guitars listed for far too much for the rest of the year, depending on how you want to look at it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeS said:
    Whitecat said:
    MikeS said:
    Don't know what you're all seeing, I can't see a single thing on Coda, that looks anything remotely like a good buy, never mind a bargain. Unless they've all sold, and I'm late to the party.
    Gibson ES275s for £2399
    Loads of R8s (in lefties too) and even an R7 all varying degrees of south of £3k doesn’t seem too bad. 

£1 south of £3k, isn't what I'd call south. =)
    I’d say it’s more adjacent. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    prlgmnr said:

OR have had some guitars listed for far too much for the rest of the year, depending on how you want to look at it.
    they have as well, there's a cs fender strat 60's on there at £2499 that I've had to sellotape my hand to my head to stop me clicking 'buy now'

don't ask me how I typed this
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    prlgmnr said:

they have as well, there's a cs fender strat 60's on there at £2499 that I've had to sellotape my hand to my head to stop me clicking 'buy now'

You must be adept at typing with your non dominant hand......

so many question I don’t want the answer to. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejay said:
    roberty said:
    kaypeejay said:

Wis'd for that.
    Or play what you already have and realise it is plenty good enough for what you need.

Absolutely This.

Doesn't help that the only two guitars I regularly play are both at the tech for some much needed TLC.

Did anyone go for the Brent Hinds at 299 BTW? Mastodon ain't really my bag but it looks like a lot of amp for the cash
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3989
    tony99 said:
    prlgmnr said:

Schecter Custom Shop Wembley SSS at 1999 or Vigier GV Wood at 2499 for me, though I prefer my stratty types with a maple board so that might keep me away from the Schecter.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22804
    prlgmnr said:

There are one or two things on there I quite like the look of.  On the other hand I wasn't seriously considering them at full price, so am I only contemplating them now because there's a big discount?
  • Philly_Q said:
    prlgmnr said:

There are one or two things on there I quite like the look of.  On the other hand I wasn't seriously considering them at full price, so am I only contemplating them now because there's a big discount?
    That's quite possibly the case.
    Last week I bought a guitar on an early 'Black Friday' deal but then after just a couple of days I realised that I'd mainly bought it for the wrong reason (price) and wouldn't have picked that same model if it weren't on the deal.

Eventually, I returned it (thanks to the shop, who were very understanding) and promptly bought the guitar I'd been hankering after for much longer at a reasonably good price (but that wasn't on some 'Black Friday megamadness!!' deal).

Sadly, I had to use two shops as the first one didn't have the guitar I ended up with, which eventually came from Coda. 

Act in haste, repent at your leisure, as the saying goes; especially at this time of year, it's worth remembering.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejay said:
    roberty said:
    kaypeejay said:

Wis'd for that.

Absolutely this.
    Doesn't help that the two guitars I play most - Roadhouse strat and an old Jap Jag (in the photo) are both with local tech at the moment for some well needed TLC. Cannot wait to get the Jag back. 

BTW did anyone go for the Brent Hinds at 299? 
  • kaypeejay said:
    roberty said:
    kaypeejay said:

Wis'd for that.

Absolutely this.
    Doesn't help that the two guitars I play most - Roadhouse strat and an old Jap Jag (in the photo) are both with local tech at the moment for some well needed TLC. Cannot wait to get the Jag back. 

BTW did anyone go for the Brent Hinds at 299? 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Philly_Q said:
    prlgmnr said:

Last week I bought a guitar on an early 'Black Friday' deal but then after just a couple of days I realised that I'd mainly bought it for the wrong reason (price) and wouldn't have picked that same model if it weren't on the deal.

Eventually, I returned it (thanks to the shop, who were very understanding) and promptly bought the guitar I'd been hankering after for much longer at a reasonably good price (but that wasn't on some 'Black Friday megamadness!!' deal).

Sadly, I had to use two shops as the first one didn't have the guitar I ended up with, which eventually came from Coda. 

Act in haste, repent at your leisure, as the saying goes; especially at this time of year, it's worth remembering.    
    at least you kept the spirit of black friday alive mate, regardless of the fact you returned it

you bought it without giving two hoots whether you wanted it, lack of desire or necessity doesn"t matter, spur of the moment purchases like yours are what this whole festival is about...

some people would do well to remember that

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    prlgmnr said:

at least you kept the spirit of black friday alive mate, regardless of the fact you returned it

you bought it without giving two hoots whether you wanted it, lack of desire or necessity doesn"t matter, spur of the moment purchases like yours are what this whole festival is about...

some people would do well to remember that

And do you remember how, like, 3 years ago, Black Friday wasn’t even a thing outside the US, and most people in other parts of the world had never heard of it? I find myself looking at my life as two distinct parts, the time before I knew about Black Friday and the time after I was enlightened
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I've saved 100% by being hard at it in the Slave Pits all day, and am smugly awaiting the 'Remorse Saturday' thread.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer