Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Black Friday

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    @JerkMoans I take it you haven't seen my Bartlett is for sale with a rather attractive price tag....just saying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Yep nothing in this one for me either. I generally sick to the if I wouldn't pay full price I don't need it at any price mind set
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Been a little underwhelming so far, just as well, with my NGD and Randall MTS silliness lately ;)
  • "That Andertons live stream last night was embarrassing"

It was all a bit Shopping Channel, wasn't  it?
    But not quite as slick. 

Mind you, I was tempted by the Brent Hinds and the little Fender acoustic......
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    mgaw said:
    @JerkMoans I take it you haven't seen my Bartlett is for sale with a rather attractive price tag....just saying
    No shit? Why didn’t you SAY something?!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but Amazon have deals on some D'Addarios.

Just annoyed that they have 12 gauge phosphor bronze 3 packs cheap but not 11 gauge.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22824
    Is that it then, all over?  A lot of places seem a bit vague about when deals end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Is that it then, all over?  A lot of places seem a bit vague about when deals end.
    No, it'll be "Extended Black Friday Sale" over the coming weekend. That then gives way to Cyber Monday, which becomes "Extended Cyber Monday" until next Friday, by which time it will be December 6th, which will make it "Pre Christmas Sale", which will eventually give way to "Christmas Sale" then "Boxing Day Giveaway" then eventually "New Year's Bonanza".

I could go on ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^ and if the weather continues to be really cold, this could enable them to freeze prices
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 10% off everything at PMT is pretty good.  HX Stomp on the way after weeks of procrastinating.  Maybe an Iridium to do a comparison?  Then some new mini monitors... Somebody stop me!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I thought Black Friday was a condensed version of Black History Month. No?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good Black Friday for me.....I'd been waiting to upgrade to wireless IEM's in the hope that something would come up. 10% off at PMT is a pretty decent chunk off.

I also played in an xpologistics warehouse to cheer up the workers.....I was fairly sceptical when I accepted the gig, but it was actually really fun....and apparently it didn't sound too bad either given the size of the space would normally call for arena size PA systems! Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    I gave in and bought a 55” OLED.

blown away...both oled and 4K.  It looks better than the cinema.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    prlgmnr said:
    Peach have some pretty decent deals.

OR have had some guitars listed for far too much for the rest of the year, depending on how you want to look at it.
    There are one or two things on there I quite like the look of.  On the other hand I wasn't seriously considering them at full price, so am I only contemplating them now because there's a big discount?
    That's quite possibly the case.
    Last week I bought a guitar on an early 'Black Friday' deal but then after just a couple of days I realised that I'd mainly bought it for the wrong reason (price) and wouldn't have picked that same model if it weren't on the deal.

Eventually, I returned it (thanks to the shop, who were very understanding) and promptly bought the guitar I'd been hankering after for much longer at a reasonably good price (but that wasn't on some 'Black Friday megamadness!!' deal).

Sadly, I had to use two shops as the first one didn't have the guitar I ended up with, which eventually came from Coda. 

Act in haste, repent at your leisure, as the saying goes; especially at this time of year, it's worth remembering.    
    at least you kept the spirit of black friday alive mate, regardless of the fact you returned it

you bought it without giving two hoots whether you wanted it, lack of desire or necessity doesn"t matter, spur of the moment purchases like yours are what this whole festival is about...

some people would do well to remember that

And do you remember how, like, 3 years ago, Black Friday wasn’t even a thing outside the US, and most people in other parts of the world had never heard of it? I find myself looking at my life as two distinct parts, the time before I knew about Black Friday and the time after I was enlightened
    I was familiar with it from early 2000s as was on an American camera forum and they were always going on about amazing bargains they would get
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Some Feline Goodies at 20% off on Reverb including some ThorpyFX Peacekeeper pedals

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    The really great thing about music store black fridays is that ....there are no truly great deals to tempt me!  =) :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    The really great thing about music store black fridays is that ....there are no truly great deals to tempt me!  =) :)
    exactly PMT 10% off big f****in deal, you can get that off all year round if you ask nicely to the right person
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jhalliday89jhalliday89 Frets: 37
    edited November 2019
    I was all on track for a wise and fruitless black Friday. Then I caved and ordered a pink Jackson sl4x this morning. Just put me in the sewer with all the other black Friday junkies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I can happily say I don't know anything about black Friday.