General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    strtdv said:
    In BOTW part of the whole idea is you will encounter enemies early in the game that you are meant to run away from until you're further on
    2nd time around I'm giving BotW a go and I've done tons more than the 1st time but I'm struggling to gel with it. I am expecting some hefty battles and it puts me off. 

I like options in Uncharted and Tomb Raider where you can make the combat easier. If Zelda had that I reckon I'd be hooked.

Find the fairies and use them to enchant your armour

Focus on shrines an upping your heart containers.

Expect to die a lot and eat food during combat.

Once you have 13 heart containers get the master sword.

Find the lab and upgrade stasis to stasis plus. This makes most big lone enemies easy to beat.

As far as I can tell the dodge function is broken so don't waste your time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzz said:

Currently playing ff8 remaster, which... Yeah, it's ff8. Flawed beauty, great to play it again.

I still want to get a switch and BOTW. Also new pokemon would be nice. 
    FF8 - I'm just waiting for my replacement PSP battery to arrive from China so I can get back on that! I strongly suggest getting the hang of the junctioning system. If you trawl back through this thread I put a note about my general strategy, but you may consider it spoilerish (not plot-wise, just if you're the type of person who likes to find their own way to play a game) EDIT: soz realised you've played it before. I'm all caffeined up at the moment lol

Also playing BOTW still, just 15 minutes here and there now. All this time and it's still delivering up awesomeness

Got back into South Park: The Fractured But Whole recently. I'd put 6 hours in last year and then got derailed by something else. It's a bit of a plod really but good fun and the occasional titter at the puerile humour makes it ideal for Friday night after work
    Yeah, I used to speed run it back in the day, breaking the 18 hour mark was epic - I didn't know there was an online community of speed runners at the time, and that I was slow!

I fancy replaying dark souls, maybe it'll go on a sale soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Almost completed Ghost of Tsushima. Superb game, with a brilliant story.

Just encountered quite an emotional gut-punch in it as well, which was very well done indeed. Highly recommend it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    IMC1980 said:
    LuttiS said:
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda..  I'm a huge ME fan, loved 1-3.. this one got a lot of negativity when it came out, and due to having no time I decided to wait.. picked it up for a fiver in a sale recently.

So far so good! :)
    Interested in hearing how you find this; loved ME1-3 (apart from the ending), but after the slaughtering this got on release, I skipped it. Got the EA Access pass, so I can download it for free, but gaming time is rare these days...
    It's loooonnnngggg.

I'm 27ish hrs in... When it's going it's pretty fun, but there's a lot of running around.. they seem to have fallen into the trend of large area maps and the 'go to this location on this map and get/do this thing'
    Which for the most part is... Boring.. and doesn't forward most of the story.. I could leave the map to forward the story but it would irk me that I've left quests that *might* be relevant.. but probably aren't. 

I'm on planet 3... I don't know how many there are. 

Saying all that, the game is pretty fun, just long winded. 
    It's not as good as the earlier MA trilogy (ooo remaster on the way), but I don't think it deserves all the flack it got. It was never going to live up to the previous games. 
  • FarleyUK said:

Just encountered quite an emotional gut-punch in it as well, which was very well done indeed. Highly recommend it.
    I'm keen to try that one too - let me know if it's likely to have any replay value please. :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    FarleyUK said:

I'm keen to try that one too - let me know if it's likely to have any replay value please. :)
    There's no new game + as yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the devs patch it in.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    LuttiS said:
    IMC1980 said:
    LuttiS said:
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda..  I'm a huge ME fan, loved 1-3.. this one got a lot of negativity when it came out, and due to having no time I decided to wait.. picked it up for a fiver in a sale recently.

So far so good! :)
    Interested in hearing how you find this; loved ME1-3 (apart from the ending), but after the slaughtering this got on release, I skipped it. Got the EA Access pass, so I can download it for free, but gaming time is rare these days...
    It's loooonnnngggg.

I'm 27ish hrs in... When it's going it's pretty fun, but there's a lot of running around.. they seem to have fallen into the trend of large area maps and the 'go to this location on this map and get/do this thing'
    Which for the most part is... Boring.. and doesn't forward most of the story.. I could leave the map to forward the story but it would irk me that I've left quests that *might* be relevant.. but probably aren't. 

I'm on planet 3... I don't know how many there are. 

Saying all that, the game is pretty fun, just long winded. 
    It's not as good as the earlier MA trilogy (ooo remaster on the way), but I don't think it deserves all the flack it got. It was never going to live up to the previous games. 
    Maybe not for me then, can't stand busywork to extend playtime, I don't have enough free time for it. 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3287
    edited September 2020
  • Oh yes. And the Mario Kart “drive around your living room” edition looks ace. 

I’ll be day 1 for Mario Galaxy and 3D World again. I’m hopeful they might squeeze Galaxy 2 in there somewhere as well, eventually
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Got perfect dark and ocarina of time on the way along with a new cable to connect my n64 to the TV.

Just need Mario 64 and doom 64 and I'm in heaven. Majora's mask wouldn't go amiss! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got perfect dark and ocarina of time on the way along with a new cable to connect my n64 to the TV.

Just need Mario 64 and doom 64 and I'm in heaven. Majora's mask wouldn't go amiss! 
    If you're not against ROMs get an Everdrive cart .

If you're not against ROMs get an Everdrive cart .
    Ooo will look into it. 

I don't have a problem with roms for abandonware. Not sure how many games I want are considered abandonware, mind... Doom 64 has been released with doom eternal :open_mouth: 
  • For the last couple years I’ve been mainly just playing Battlefield, though lately its been COD as it has the new ground war mode + I got a bit bored of historic weaponry. 

I like Forza too but on the latest (7) I think, there are so many races that make you race in vehicles I have little interest in (trucks, old skool open wheel racers etc). I prefer endurance racing as well but theres not many of them. 

The new battlefield looks to be immense, modern and massive, but its still years away. 
    Same for the new gta. Can’t believe how old number 5 is now. 

Cod cold war is out in a couple months. Will almost deffo buy that. I’ve bought all of them but usually just play the campaign, complete it on veteran then it gets sold. Prefer battlefield for multiplayer online. 

The next halo I will be very interested in too. Not played one for ages. 
    I imagine I’ll pick up the new xbox when its out too.

But tomorrow the Tony Hawk’s pro skater 1+2 are released. Holy hell I spent so much of my youth playing number 2 with me mate. Will be awesome to re-live that. Thats this weekend sorted lol.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerx said:

But tomorrow the Tony Hawk’s pro skater 1+2 are released. Holy hell I spent so much of my youth playing number 2 with me mate. Will be awesome to re-live that. Thats this weekend sorted lol.

Me too both 2 and 3. It was ridiculous how long we could manual / flip trick for.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I loved the Toby hawk games when they came out, but sadly after playing the EA skate games I couldn't go back to them. 

Even today you can play skate 3 and go online and there's people playing it.

• Mario 3D All Stars all 3 games play lovely on Switch w/ Pro Controller. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27092
    edited September 2020
    Mario 3D All Stars all 3 games play lovely on Switch w/ Pro Controller. 
    Yes. Though I still hate the motion controls in Galaxy. I hate motion controls. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Got the XB1 out the cupboard and currently downloading Tony Hawk.

TBH I'm surprised I resisted this long.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 705
    Recently got the Battlefield 4 bug back and no longer have my Xbox One, so bought it on PC. Mother of God, it is so fucking hard to adapt to keyboard and mouse after years on a joypad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Anybody into Sim racing, and if so you you have a setup with a wheel etc?

I’m thinking of getting a basic setup, Logiteck G920, frame etc.  Probably just 1 screen though.  

Also what titles do you use?  I have Project Cars 2, Asseto Corsa and F1 2019.  Wondering what to try.