General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3678
    LuttiS said:
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda..  I'm a huge ME fan, loved 1-3.. this one got a lot of negativity when it came out, and due to having no time I decided to wait.. picked it up for a fiver in a sale recently.

So far so good! :)
    Watching this... tried it recently but it did not hook me like the last one. Might try it again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    I remember watching a video of how many crazy glitches were in it at launch.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27092
    andyp said:
    I downloaded Far Cry 5 from the x box store as it was a bargain (£9 for the Gold Edition) and I’m loving it. First of the Far Cry games I’ve played. Bought Far Cry 3 also as it was only £2.50. Haven’t played that yet but 5 looks like it will keep me amused for at least a couple of months.
    I found 5 a bit frustrating after 3 & 4. If you're playing 5 first there's every chance you'll like it a lot, and then play 3 and enjoy that even more:)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    andyp said:
    I downloaded Far Cry 5 from the x box store as it was a bargain (£9 for the Gold Edition) and I’m loving it. First of the Far Cry games I’ve played. Bought Far Cry 3 also as it was only £2.50. Haven’t played that yet but 5 looks like it will keep me amused for at least a couple of months.
    I found 5 a bit frustrating after 3 & 4. If you're playing 5 first there's every chance you'll like it a lot, and then play 3 and enjoy that even more:)
    Not played 4 or 5, but 3 was very good fun!
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4183
    iPad. GTA vice city  vehicle control is very very sensitive , I can just about get by on a moped or cruiser type bike , I had GTA 3 Or something g and control was much better
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    andyp said:
    That’ll work for me :)

I read somewhere that 3 is the best. Complete bargain. I see that 5 is back at £60 now on the x box store. Not that anyone would ever pay that when it’s way less on disc.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    strtdv said:
    Just played through Superhot on Switch over the past couple of days, really enjoyed it, most original FPS I'd played in a long time

I was thinking about getting that. 

Is it alright for people like me who are crap at games?
    Yeah, it's great. The polar opposite of a twitch shooter. Literally, the slower you move the slower the game goes. It's really really good.
    you've convinced me.

Got it in the switch sale.
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    andyp said:
    I finished 5 a few weeks ago after getting frustrated with it halfway through and then going back to it months later. Still got the additional dlc games to tackle (started the Vietnam one and it’s pretty good). If you like 5, you’ll love 3; it’s one of my favourite games ever.
    Awesome! Cheers! I bought the Gold one so I think I have the expansion packs but I’ve not tried them yet.

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Just a non-update really, but having been playing Zelda BOTW on Switch since I got it Christmas day I am still absolutely loving it

I'm slowing down and playing other things alongside cos I almost don't want to finish it. I was the same with Ni No Kuni - which reminds me I still Ni No Kuni 2 in the wrapper somewhere...

BOTW 2 is on the horizon though so I spose I'd better get a move on
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still playing slay the spire, and it's still fantastic.

I'm properly jonesing for a switch and breath of the wild and some pokemon... But my car broke down and all spending plans are out of the window. 
  • Got 'F1 2019' when it was on offer a month or so ago. Pretty good, probably the best Official F1 game I've ever played.

Now just got 'Dirt Rally 2.0' as it's just gone on offer for £15. Going from winning the F1 title driving a 900hp Mercedes F1 car on the hot tarmac of Abu Dhabi, straight to driving a 100hp 60s Mini Cooper through the mud of New Zealand was quite the culture shock!

The game is freaking amazing though, possibly the most immersive sim racer I've ever played. Bloody challenging though, and it's quite limited in scope, so maybe one for the racing sim afficionados only!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Loving Ghost of Tshishima on the PS4.

Highly recommended - although I had to resort to English voices as the Japanese ones sounded angry all the time (which you could say is not surprising, given the storyline).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    FarleyUK said:

Highly recommended - although I had to resort to English voices as the Japanese ones sounded angry all the time (which you could say is not surprising, given the storyline).
    I was given that as a birthday present. I'll have to try it out tonight.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Stevepage said:
    FarleyUK said:

I was given that as a birthday present. I'll have to try it out tonight.
    It's really good - they've also just updated it with a new difficulty level called 'lethal', which makes the fights more challenging; you and the enemies can only survive a couple of hits. I'll be moving to that later on!
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    Got around to platinuming Far Cry 5 the other day, just in time for Skater XL. Trying to get used to the controls, a bit different to my Skate 3 muscle memory!

FYI CoD MW2 Campaign is on the PS Store early! (it's one of next month's PS+ free games)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    andyp said:
    Similar thing here - I enjoyed the first map region you start in but once I unlocked the next region it all got a bit tedious and I didn’t bother carrying on. 4 and 3 were ace though. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • wibble said:
    Got around to platinuming Far Cry 5 the other day, just in time for Skater XL. Trying to get used to the controls, a bit different to my Skate 3 muscle memory!

FYI CoD MW2 Campaign is on the PS Store early! (it's one of next month's PS+ free games)
    Is SkaterXL a full game now then..?
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    wibble said:

Is SkaterXL a full game now then..?

Not full in the sense of a story/campaign/online. It's got 5 official maps (including a big ramp map) plus 3 community maps. All with challenges. They've hinted at an online mode in a future patch.

Skater XL looks amazing. I’m probably going to get the Tony Hawk twin pack though. I played them both to death back in the day.