General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2554
    Last month one of my mates I play online with suggested I try Farming Simulator 19. Between the fits of laughter I agreed to try it as it was on offer in the Xbox store.

Over 100 hours later, I can't stop playing it! I'm feeding cows before work in the morning and harvesting fields after work. It's so involved. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    @cruxiform that reminds me of Katamari Damacy (the utterly bizarre ball-rolling, stuff-picking-up "sim").  I tried on a friend's Switch the other week and can't stop thinking about it. It's fucked up

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Played The Last of Us 2 through for the second time; up there with my all time favourite games now. Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider this afternoon, not bad... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Just watched some gameplay for Resident Evil Village.  Looks really good - has a bit of a RE4 vibe to it.

Still haven't played VII so I think I'll go back and play that first as Village does look to be a proper sequel (or at least has the same protagonist).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited May 2021
    RedRabbit said:
    Just watched some gameplay for Resident Evil Village.  Looks really good - has a bit of a RE4 vibe to it.

Still haven't played VII so I think I'll go back and play that first as Village does look to be a proper sequel (or at least has the same protagonist).

I think it's basically a modern reimagining of re4, which is something I've wanted for a long time!

I've made a bit more progress on slay the spire but have bought cod black ops. Sometimes after work I just need to let of some steam and quickscoping is better for that than the mathematics, planning and problem solving of high ascension slay the spire :) 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    cruxiform said:
    Last month one of my mates I play online with suggested I try Farming Simulator 19. Between the fits of laughter I agreed to try it as it was on offer in the Xbox store.

Over 100 hours later, I can't stop playing it! I'm feeding cows before work in the morning and harvesting fields after work. It's so involved. 
    This makes me feel better about being hooked on Fortnite :D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    cruxiform said:

You ever play Stardew Valley?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    RedRabbit said:

I think it's basically a modern reimagining of re4, which is something I've wanted for a long time! 
    Oh neat, RE4 was the last one I played :mrgreen: I’ll likely wait till I upgrade to a PS5 though before trying it.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    RedRabbit said:

A slightly odd move give that there seems to be a RE4 remake on the way.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Anyone playing Wreckfest? It's one of this months PS+ games, PS5 owners can get the PS5 version of it.

It's an enjoyable game so far as I'm working my way through the career mode.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Just finished Halo master collection, missed it all the first time around and got the remastered set for cheap on Steam.. wow! I get why it's so popular, lots of fun. 

My autistic nephew is obsessed with farming simulator too. He has 17 & 19, prefers 17. He likes to show me all his tractors whenever I'm over :) 
    He has a red one, a green one, a big green one, a smaller red one and a van. He doesn't like the big green one and is going to sell it.  Makes him happy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Been playing RE Village - really liking it so far!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Outriders has issues. The end game multiplayer is unplayable laggy unless you are the host. They use a P2P system rather than dedicated servers and so far it isn't working.

Looking forward to Resident Evil.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24273
    There's an error in Warzone - a bit of wall that can be walked through.

I only post this because of the ending emotion....

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    wibble said:
    Anyone playing Wreckfest? It's one of this months PS+ games, PS5 owners can get the PS5 version of it.

My May game is showing as battlefield V?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    It's Wreckfest and Battlefield V and the thoroughly-average-looking Stranded Deep. Wreckfest seems ok but hasn't grabbed me after a brief hour or so. 

I just finished Miles Morales and highly enjoyed that, though I do hope they find a way to switch up the gameplay loop a little for the next one otherwise it's going to get boring. 

Just started Jedi Order as it was in the sale and has a nice 60fps upgrade on PS5. I like having a lightsaber. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Wreckfest is ps5 only, that is a shame I quite fancied a bit of that for some mindless gameplay
    cruxiform said:

You ever play Stardew Valley?
    Not yet!
    wibble said:

Been playing it on Xbox One and now Series X, I use my wheel/pedal setup, it's a hoot! 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Anyone else playing Resident Evil Village?

I just beat the second 'boss'.... and there's a particular part in the house that is possibly the freakiest Resident Evil part ever. They almost out Silent Hill'd Silent Hill.

Loving the game so far!