General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    Finished Jedi Fallen Order last night (got the name right this time too..). Good fun. I played on easy a because I wanted to feel like a badass and I don't like dying 50 times in a single fight. Good for 15 quid, glad I didn't pay full price. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Finished Jedi Fallen Order last night (got the name right this time too..). Good fun. I played on easy a because I wanted to feel like a badass and I don't like dying 50 times in a single fight. Good for 15 quid, glad I didn't pay full price. 
    I felt the same with this one, played it via EA Play when I still had the subscription. Good game with some cool set pieces but not one I would have paid 40-50 quid for. 7/10 IMO.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11883
    It's on Gamepass, might give that a go.
    It's definitely worth a go if it's free. Solid 6.5/10 for me I'd say. Not on the level of a Tsushima or Uncharted but a decent distraction for a few evenings. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4148

really enjoyed that game!!! Embarrassingly I've not finished it yet though, I got stuck on the seventh sister near the (presumable) end and forgot to go back and give it another try!
    It's definitely worth a go if it's free. Solid 6.5/10 for me I'd say. Not on the level of a Tsushima or Uncharted but a decent distraction for a few evenings. 
    I might play it on easy too, so many games to try and I just want to get through some of them for the story as much as anything. 
    I have no shame at putting games on easy. I always start on the default setting and then change it if it's too hard or too easy but I'm not going to feel bad about it.

I don't enjoy Dark Souls sorts of things and I don't have the time or energy to get really good at online shooters etc these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I have no shame at putting games on easy. I always start on the default setting and then change it if it's too hard or too easy but I'm not going to feel bad about it.

I don't enjoy Dark Souls sorts of things and I don't have the time or energy to get really good at online shooters etc these days. 

Wise words.

I played the FF VII reboot and I found the combat annoying and so I stopped. It has an option to switch it off, but I can't quite bring myself to do it.
    edited May 2021

There is no shame in it, it's not a competition, it's an enjoyment.  I normally play it on normal as i think that is the level the developers designed the game to be for whatever reason - balance of enjoyment vs longevity.  But if you just want to get through the game for fun then it's perfectly okay.

In RPG i tend to level up my character to god level before moving on, my Cyberpunk 2077 character is practically invincible with the amount of armour she has.  Bullets explodes on impact and limbs flies off so everything is 1 shot kill and the explosion takes adjacent enemies.  Its super easy but i find it fun.

I even bought a keyboard and mouse to play Halo, yup! it's enabled on the Xbox now and it's the method i prefer with FPS.  I only play single player though so no problem there against Joypad players.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256

really enjoyed that game!!! Embarrassingly I've not finished it yet though, I got stuck on the seventh sister near the (presumable) end and forgot to go back and give it another try!
    Fallen Order was epic. An 8.5 for me!
  • I had a go at pathologic 2. 

Ball breaking. Heart wrenching. Utterly brilliant. Totally frustrating. Not fun.

I don't know if I'll play it again. I only had a couple of hours but I simultaneously loved it and utterly hated it. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Ronantian said:
    I found AC Valhalla to be a bit of chore. Odyssey is a much better game and less repetitive 

Now see I found Odyssey incredibly samey after a while and Valhalla much more fun and varied. 
  • Very tempted to get the Series S with Xbox All Access. Seeing as Game Pass Ultimate on its own is £10.99 a month, I guess £20.99 a month for 24 months and keeping the console at the end isn't too bad a deal.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    edited May 2021
    Very tempted to get the Series S with Xbox All Access. Seeing as Game Pass Ultimate on its own is £10.99 a month, I guess £20.99 a month for 24 months and keeping the console at the end isn't too bad a deal.
    You can get it for as little as £85 for 3 years. Or £120 if you want to play it safe via the Gold upgrade path.

I went with the more risky one, Brazilian XBL for £28 per year, x3 (max 36 months), then you convert the entire duration (if you never had Gamepass before) for £1.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How did you manage to get Brazilian XBL to work?
    How did you manage to get Brazilian XBL to work?
    VPN, which is the risk.  The risk that the server can see through your VPN and the code becomes useless.  It's known to happen (in a thread that I saw).  People who want to play it safe, get the EU code.

You use VPN on your computer and add the code via the website in the computer, not on the console.

You make sure you turn off automatic renewal and decline bonus months as it will take it over the 36 months, meaning after 2 codes, instead of 24, you will have like 26 months.  and the last code for 12 months cannot be stacked.  Max stacked total is 36.

If you do it the EU code, then it's about £120.

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    How did you manage to get Brazilian XBL to work?
    VPN, which is the risk.  The risk that the server can see through your VPN and the code becomes useless.  It's known to happen (in a thread that I saw).  People who want to play it safe, get the EU code.

You use VPN on your computer and add the code via the website in the computer, not on the console.

You make sure you turn off automatic renewal and decline bonus months as it will take it over the 36 months, meaning after 2 codes, instead of 24, you will have like 26 months.  and the last code for 12 months cannot be stacked.  Max stacked total is 36.

If you do it the EU code, then it's about £120.

Jeez. Easier to move to Brazil!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2021
    It sounds difficult but it's a 2 min job.  I have Nord VPN.

1 - Close your browser
    2 - Change country to Brazil on VPN, then open the browser
    3 - Apply code on XBL page
    4 - Turn VPN off
    5 - Go to Gamepass page and convert for £1.

If you don't want to, then just buy EU code, use as normal, convert as normal.  Much cheaper than £10.99 a month for 3 years.  You save over £200 by loading it up front.
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1186
    edited May 2021

1 - Close your browser
    4 - Turn VPN off

If you don't want to, then just buy EU code, use as normal, convert as normal.  Much cheaper than £10.99 a month for 3 years.  You save over £200 by loading it up front.
    Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but does the account have to be registered to Brazil (or whichever country) for this to work, or can it be UK-registered and then use a VPN after?

Only ask as I've found Turkish XBL 12 month memberships for £27 a pop.
    edited May 2021

1 - Close your browser
    4 - Turn VPN off

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but does the account have to be registered to Brazil (or whichever country) for this to work, or can it be UK-registered and then use a VPN after?

Only ask as I've found Turkish XBL 12 month memberships for £27 a pop.
    UK account works, the only requirement is you have VPN on for Brazil before you start the browser to go to the page where you input the XBL code.  If you do it with EU code, you can skip that part.