Harry and Meghan quit

What's Hot

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Good for them. I'm no royalist by any means but, I've noticed just how toxic the newspapers (daily mail) have been towards these two. It seems to me like the daily mail just kept chucking on fuel to the fire.

The knuckle draggers who keep commenting on the articles online really show just how disgusting some people are.

I don't blame them for turning their own way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    HAL9000 said:
    Will he be The Royal Formerly Known as Prince?
    He certainly thinks Megan’s the most beautiful girl in the world.....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    I'm amazed that the whole BBC front page on my browser is covered with 6 picture story links to this
    You actually have to scroll down to find out if anyone has been firing missiles overnight
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    They will apparently be stepping down from all the bits they don't like but would like to keep the free house and security.

I would retire the entire institution of the monarchy on the death of the queen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Apparently there are 17 pages on this in the Daily Mail.

Watch the politicians try to bury unpopular news today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Personally,I really dont care either way but the annoying thing is That Piers Morgan was right (he predicted this a year ago )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I am only passively pro- monarchy but I think it’s a loss to the country. She’s a mixed race role model who has had a career. He’s had a “proper” military career. They could have been the fundraising, less stuffy side of the royal family. I’m not crying in my tea for them but I don’t think it’s a positive for Britain.  

The gutter press have shot themselves in the foot.  Those two people sold papers but have had enough. So now the press will suffer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    jellyroll said:
    I am only passively pro- monarchy but I think it’s a loss to the country. She’s a mixed race role model who has had a career. He’s had a “proper” military career. They could have been the fundraising, less stuffy side of the royal family. I’m not crying in my tea for them but I don’t think it’s a positive for Britain.  

The gutter press have shot themselves in the foot.  Those two people sold papers but have had enough. So now the press will suffer
    I agree with all that except the last bit. The press won't give a shit, and will either continue to hound them, or move on to the next target, or both... so it won't hurt them at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I'm too grief stricken to comment.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm amazed that the whole BBC front page on my browser is covered with 6 picture story links to this
    You actually have to scroll down to find out if anyone has been firing missiles overnight

Maybe BoJo called in a favour to get the news shifted to page six .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    crunchman said:
    Apparently there are 17 pages on this in the Daily Mail.

Watch the politicians try to bury unpopular news today.

Yep .. Trump has bought the NHS and the RN's new aircraft carriers have been sold to China along with Scotland .. :-)

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6069
    Dominic said:
    Personally,I really dont care either way but the annoying thing is That Piers Morgan was right (he predicted this a year ago )
    He wasn't the only one. It was very predictable that Meghan would tire of the Royal way of life and at that point Harry would have to decide whether he would decamp with his wife or split from her. He's obviously besotted and I imagine she has a sharp tongue when it comes to making her desires known. With all that jetting back and forth, they better start saving carbon credits.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I see the couple has set up a brand and has trademarked a line of clothing including hoodies. New income stream.

munckee said:
    They will apparently be stepping down from all the bits they don't like but would like to keep the free house and security.

I would retire the entire institution of the monarchy on the death of the queen.

Listening on the radio this morning with some royal experts the view is they're quitting. As such, they'll lose the perks but it was suggested there's some game playing going on - they didn't tell anyone beforehand so the Queen found out the same time we did. You can't be a parttime royal and I bet what Megan has planned will be deemed unsuitable. The Queen can remove their titles.

They are celebrities who will do well in the USA - Harry can do some charity work. They'll make serious money - I can't see them coming back. Harry holds the royal family responsible for killing his mum.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    If you watched the Queens Christmas speech then this would not be a surprise
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Who cares, it’s a job that he never applied for and now he wants to quit.    If he lose out the benefits or even his title etc…I don’t think anyone is going to change the way we call him.  People will still call him Prince Harry even if the Queen removes his title.

As for money, he will do fine in the States, the Americans love him.  He can be amongst all the socialites and Hollywood Elite, getting all the perks.  She already have quite a lot of money herself so they are going to land on their feet.

Plus, if he wants to come back, they are not going to turn him away.  It’s family after all.

Besides, there are better things to worry about than whether Prince Harry cut ribbons at Rugby games.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    FFS quotes
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I'm torn between give us our money back/ the US tabloids will be worse and you are idiots if you think they won't/ good for them/ who gives a shit. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

Charles: "Harry I think you're upsetting the family and as your father one is very disappointed"

Harry: "You're not my real Dad, see ya"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom