The small things you miss from days gone by ...

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    When I was a kid in Birmingham (Selly Oak) the smell of chocolate drifting over from Bournville on a summer's evening was fantastic. We'd be sniffing the air like a pack of labradors outside a sausage shop.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Lots of mentions about Spangles, but didn't they make winter ones that were rather nice. Building barrows out of old boards and pram wheels during the school holidays and racing them round the block of flats we lived in. Great for the driver, not so good for the pusher.
     Having to go to be looked after by my nan when young and walking to South Wimbledon with her and coming home with sweets, the Beano and Dandy.
    Being taken with a friend by his dad to Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea play, and taking crates for me and my pal to stand on.
    Taking out "track" bikes over to the common and having the nerve to ride down hills that would scare the shit out of me these days.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    fandango said:

Here’s another thing I miss - Cinnamon Toast.
    Eh ? Made some yesterday - toast, butter, sprinkle on cinnamon :/

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    The Pub

Friday night at the curry house

Live bands

Playing in Live bands

GASsing in guitar shoppes (as opposed to wasting hours online browsing gear you don't want of need, but might use one day come the end of lockdown ....)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Hedgehog Crisps  Hedgehogs as Pets
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    blobb said:
    Hedgehog Crisps  Hedgehogs as Pets
    I remember buying those just to see what they tasted like, the same as pretty much everyone else I imagine. They must’ve been either disgusting or tasteless because I only bought them the once. 

Now, that’s actually brought back memories of pubs selling packs of peanuts that were attached to a card with a picture of a nudey lady underneath. The more packs that got sold, the more norty bitz you saw. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4923
    Car boot sales.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    edited April 2020
    They weren't actually Hedghog flavoured crisps. They were flavoured crisps made by Hedgehog. Quite a cool deceit and made the guy who made them semi famous in these rural parts of Mid Wales. As you can probably tell, not a lot happens here usually. They were sort of roast beef flavour, the crisps, not Hedgehogs.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    edited April 2020
    The shout of "fight fight fight" after school and realising that a crowd bigger than most National league games were there to see it, and I was involved. I won sometimes times but I bloody hate that memory and don't miss it at all.

The other side of me as an early 70's kid who discovered guitar, realising that our local  music shop had a secondhand real Gibson SG in their posh glass case  I would go to buy a string for my half inch action acoustic, just to stand there and look look at it until I was thrown out

The wonder of realising that the girl 2 years older than me, who I met through playing guitar rather than fighting ( she lower 6th, me 4th year) was attempting to hold hands with me during a matinee showing of Tommy, we had sneaked out of school to see.

• Acornsoft games in cardboard boxes for the BBC Micro

Summer holidays in a Cornwall video arcade... Defender, Centipede, Star Wars sit down cabinet...