Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2020. Line 6 Pod GO

What's Hot

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Daiganzen said:
    So I have a HX Stomp Which I by know means regret buying but I feel a bit cheated by this Devices price point and Features.
    I mean This has everything the Stomp has plus its cheaper.
    This is what happens with stuff. Things come out. Newer things replace them. If you worry about it too much you’ll never buy anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Daiganzen said:
    So I have a HX Stomp Which I by know means regret buying but I feel a bit cheated by this Devices price point and Features.
    I mean This has everything the Stomp has plus its cheaper.
    Seems to be about £100 more expensive and misses quite a bit.  Depends in your needs I guess but I’m happy with the stomp.  Aside from it not working if course.

Anyway, this looks a good unit.  I’d think if it as more a cut down LT than a HX stomp alternative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I just looked at the basic manual and I'm going out on a limb but I think this is an HX Stomp in a floorboard.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I like it.  It may well put a dint in my new xbox / 4 k tv combo savings pot. 

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Sorry, balls deep in Namm. 

Quick q/a. 

Its not Helix. 
    yes it has all HX models bar 3 fx. Kot, cosmos echo and clawthorne drive. 
    its pod dna not helix which means it’s simple options, portable and a piece of piss to use. I did the video having only spent 3 mins with it. Literally. if you want options, routing, clever stuff, you want helix. 

Make sense? Hopefully. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    So £649 by the time it lands here... ;-)
    Close just read MSRP £639 . :(    
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Peach have it on preorder at £499.
    That’s a bit better
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    NelsonP said:
    Daiganzen said:
    So where does This Leave the HX Stomp ???
    Something like:

- Helix is the one that you buy if you need everything / money no object
    - Helix LT is the one that you buy if you want lots of features but don't want to spend as much
    - POD Go is the one that you put in your backpack and which should cover all bases, if you don't need the flexibility and all the features that Helix offers. Like an updated Firehawk FX.
    - HX stomp is the one that you put on a board with other, external pedals
    - HX FX is the one that you want if you are still using a traditional amp

You can't say they aren't offering choice!

Still haven’t made quite what I want though.  A HX FX format box with amp models :)

the new pod looks great though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet there were a few disagreements behind the scenes as to whether this was called Pod or Helix
  • Daiganzen said:
    With MIDI, stereo ins, parallel paths, multiple amps, dual cabs, dual IRs, 2048-point IRs, flexible I/O routing, two effects loops, Distortion > Clawthorn drive, Distortion > Tone Sovereign, Delay > Cosmos Echo, stereo distortion/pitch/synth/dynamic blocks, mono EQ/mod/delay/reverb/filter blocks, fully dynamic DSP allocation, 8 seconds of delay, 60 seconds of looping, variable impedance circuits, 123dB dynamic range inputs, cap-sense switches, momentary stomp functionality, preset compatibility with the entire Helix line including Helix Native, a $300 discount on said Helix Native, metal knobs, and an ultra compact cast aluminum enclosure that fits on any pedalboard.

Very different products but the $200 price difference is well warranted IMO... unless you don't care about the stuff above.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Daiganzen said:
    With MIDI, stereo ins, parallel paths, multiple amps, dual cabs, dual IRs, 2048-point IRs, flexible I/O routing, two effects loops, Distortion > Clawthorn drive, Distortion > Tone Sovereign, Delay > Cosmos Echo, stereo distortion/pitch/synth/dynamic blocks, mono EQ/mod/delay/reverb/filter blocks, fully dynamic DSP allocation, 8 seconds of delay, 60 seconds of looping, variable impedance circuits, 123dB dynamic range inputs, cap-sense switches, momentary stomp functionality, preset compatibility with the entire Helix line including Helix Native, a $300 discount on said Helix Native, metal knobs, and an ultra compact cast aluminum enclosure that fits on any pedalboard.

Very different products but the $200 price difference is well warranted IMO... unless you don't care about the stuff above.
    Yeah, but apart from all that what have the Romans ever done for us? 
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet there were a few disagreements behind the scenes as to whether this was called Pod or Helix
    It was always going to be a POD, but there were disagreements on how much Helix love the team was allowed to add. Ultimately, the development team demanded "AS MUCH AS WE CAN AFFORD TO AT THE TARGET PRICE. WE DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE NAME. MAKE IT AS COOL AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE ARBITRARILY CRIPPLING PRODUCTS SUUUUUUCKS."

And then they said "Okay, fine. We're selling boatloads of Helix/HX boxes so we trust you. Just please stop yelling."
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Daiganzen said:

With midi? May I ask why was the Midi control centre removed from the HX stomp? All the other Helix units have it. 

It clearly has the power to do it and the in/out midi sockets are there already. 

It was designed to integrate into a pedalboard. If I could use its 3 snapshots to also control my timeline and ventris with each snapshot it would be incredible. I actually sold my full fat helix and bought the HX stomp with the expectation that it was possible and now I see for some bizarre reason the midi control centre was omitted from the stomp even though it’s in the HX FX (which is too big for my board). Is there any chance it can be added with a firmware update?
  • It's the upgrade to my HD500x that I can justify; roll on Spring.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I'll be honest, I didn't think it was a Helix software set for this so was abit surprised when @fretmeister said. However, sounds pretty sweet non the kess
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiganzenDaiganzen Frets: 101
    Ok so concede that My HX Stomp I can route my effects and amps any way i like and Can run dual amp setups and the like.
    Also I have a certain amount of midi functionality which i do like. So yeah The HX is still more capable that the Pod Go
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited January 2020
    Daiganzen said:

With midi? May I ask why was the Midi control centre removed from the HX stomp? All the other Helix units have it. 

It clearly has the power to do it and the in/out midi sockets are there already. 

It was designed to integrate into a pedalboard. If I could use its 3 snapshots to also control my timeline and ventris with each snapshot it would be incredible. I actually sold my full fat helix and bought the HX stomp with the expectation that it was possible and now I see for some bizarre reason the midi control centre was omitted from the stomp even though it’s in the HX FX (which is too big for my board). Is there any chance it can be added with a firmware update?
    Can the HX stomp send PC messages. If so then get a midi controlled loop switcher and problem solved.

I did this with my Amplifire and it works a treat. I can switch from one preset with a combination of any internal and external effects to another preset with a completely different combination of them at the press of one footswitch.

You may also be able to map the presets on your midi pedals so that they are aligned with those in the HX Stomp?
  • Daiganzen said:

I was more looking at it the other way, as in if it was only 200 quid cheaper than a stomp or an LT then its kinda a no brainer to go helix.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom