Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2020. Line 6 Pod GO

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlin said:
    How much is the power cab, and is it any good?
    just seeing if it’s a worthwhile entry point....
    Prices vary but I think it's great. That's company hat off working player talking. It's all I've used for the last 4 or 5 months and I've been more than happy with it. 

If you're coming to the Birmingham show I'll take you through it. It's best to hear the options you have in person. 

Is the Power Cab suitable for bass as well, or is it only really suitable for guitar? I currently use an Alto PA speaker for gigging with both guitar and bass, but I'm tempted by something that has more traditional amp-like form factor for backline.

Don't neglect the Laney FR-12 or the db Tech Fm10 Flexsys as these are reported to be good with bass.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @rossyamaha Odd question but is there a chance the user manual will be available before the unit ships?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am the target customer of the HX stomp and have been disappointed to see that the midi control centre has been omited even though it is in the full fat Helix, the Helix LT and the HX FX. I actually sold my full fat Helix to go with the stomp so I could keep using the helix sounds but with my pedalboard. I'd hoped to be able to control/change patches on my timeline and ventris with each of the three snapshots on HX stomp but I can't because you removed the Midi Control Centre. 
    To be honest, it's because HX Stomp is a stompbox for your pedalboard, not a MIDI controller. But since we're adding 2 extra blocks because everyone demanded it, it might not take a lot of convincing for us to add the Command Center. I'm just not sure how three switches will stretch into yet another set of functions. Maybe 3.0.
    derail...... but...... does that actually mean feature requests are being actively considered? (and I know this isnt the right place for them but if i know the list is looked at I have a few I would put in the official forum)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    @rossyamaha Odd question but is there a chance the user manual will be available before the unit ships?
    I believe so. How long before is a different question. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441

I am the target customer of the HX stomp and have been disappointed to see that the midi control centre has been omited even though it is in the full fat Helix, the Helix LT and the HX FX. I actually sold my full fat Helix to go with the stomp so I could keep using the helix sounds but with my pedalboard. I'd hoped to be able to control/change patches on my timeline and ventris with each of the three snapshots on HX stomp but I can't because you removed the Midi Control Centre. 
    To be honest, it's because HX Stomp is a stompbox for your pedalboard, not a MIDI controller. But since we're adding 2 extra blocks because everyone demanded it, it might not take a lot of convincing for us to add the Command Center. I'm just not sure how three switches will stretch into yet another set of functions. Maybe 3.0.
    derail...... but...... does that actually mean feature requests are being actively considered? (and I know this isnt the right place for them but if i know the list is looked at I have a few I would put in the official forum)
    Absolutely. We get a lot of ideas from forums, customer interaction but most importantly ideascale. Anything you have chuck it in there. They do get read. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    Has anyone else noted that for all the talk of HX derived models, none of the demos so far sound as good as the Helix - not sure if this is AD/DA conversion, lack of options in dialling in (i.e. input impedance), lack of experience with those using it. Doesn't sound much better than a 20 year old bean to these ears so far.
    Any sonic differences between Helix and POD Go would be hopelessly lost in a YouTube video.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • All we need nowi is a powercab with built in Helix and a floor board.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    From what I've seen, the amp block is always on.  I have seen a reference to "amp or preamp" in this block though.  If I wanted to use this with an acoustic guitar with an IR loaded, does anyone know if there is a suitable preamp for that?
  • crunchman said:
    From what I've seen, the amp block is always on.  I have seen a reference to "amp or preamp" in this block though.  If I wanted to use this with an acoustic guitar with an IR loaded, does anyone know if there is a suitable preamp for that?

I suspect there is.. why not download the Helix/Stomp manual?
    My trading feedback

• crunchman said:
    I've seen that there will be an amp and cab block by default in the Go, but not clear whether you can just turn that block off like with any other block. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to disable the amp and cab.

I have a Stomp, and I don't think there's a specific acoustic preamp. When I've used acoustic through it I've just used an EQ block, some light compression, an IR, and a bit of reverb.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    All we need nowi is a powercab with built in Helix and a floor board.
    Basically Vetta III (something requested on Ideascale many many times and going back years - perhaps the time is now).
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• My trading feedback

• crunchman said:
    The Amp/Preamp block is always in a preset, but it can be bypassed like any other block. Just select it and press the Upper Knob.
  • A ha! Pastor of muppets. Genius !
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    From what I understand the amp block is always there but can be bypassed
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    crunchman said:
    The Amp/Preamp block is always in a preset, but it can be bypassed like any other block. Just select it and press the Upper Knob.

Thanks.
  • I am the target customer of the HX stomp and have been disappointed to see that the midi control centre has been omited even though it is in the full fat Helix, the Helix LT and the HX FX. I actually sold my full fat Helix to go with the stomp so I could keep using the helix sounds but with my pedalboard. I'd hoped to be able to control/change patches on my timeline and ventris with each of the three snapshots on HX stomp but I can't because you removed the Midi Control Centre. 
    I know this is usually answered with "when it's ready" but is there any info on when 3.0 will be out?
    Im sure ive seen that preset name in other L6 units 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    It's soooo less clever than you think. "Pastor of Muppets" is our stock preset name when designing GUIs, because it has a capital M, ascenders (glyphs like t that reach higher than most capital letters), descenders (glyphs like p that appear lower than capital letters), and is exactly one character too long (17 including spaces vs. our max of 16). Therefore, if "Pastor of Muppets" fits in our GUI, 99.9% of names that users will choose will also fit.

Since our manuals utilize vector graphics (from Adobe Illustrator, whereas the actual graphic assets in the hardware are made in Photoshop), we're just lazy and copy/paste the Pastor of Muppets preset into the manuals.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's soooo less clever than you think. "Pastor of Muppets" is our stock preset name when designing GUIs, because it has a capital M, ascenders (glyphs like t that reach higher than most capital letters), descenders (glyphs like p that appear lower than capital letters), and is exactly one character too long (17 including spaces vs. our max of 16). Therefore, if "Pastor of Muppets" fits in our GUI, 99.9% of names that users will choose will also fit.

Since our manuals utilize vector graphics (from Adobe Illustrator, whereas the actual graphic assets in the hardware are made in Photoshop), we're just lazy and copy/paste the Pastor of Muppets preset into the manuals.
    Wow! What an insight!