Chapman Youtube Drama Continues...

What's Hot

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I wasted maybe 25 seconds of my life on that - I'm mortified!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Does he still do Kung Fu and does anyone know what discipline he practices and also how far he progressed?
    I'd like to know that too because I spent over 20 yrs practicing southern Kung Fu seriously and I'd never have time to play guitar, I took up guitar when I was 39 because I was knackered, I found guitar more difficult to grasp tbh, I will be back to Kung Fu this year as I miss it 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haych said:
    Chapman’s been on the phone to KDH: “Brilliant, man, worked exactly as I planned. The internet has gone nuts. I’ll wire the money to your offshore account as agreed. Want some goodies from NAMM?”
    Don't agree.  I think this is Chapman's Ratner moment.
    Agree with this, the Andertons NAMM video about the 2020 Chapman guitars has a serious amount of thumbs down dislikes and the comments section is pretty much all negative. 

Seems like his video has done a lot more damage than good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m thinking him and Agnesi should partner up
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649

Agree with this, the Andertons NAMM video about the 2020 Chapman guitars has a serious amount of thumbs down dislikes and the comments section is pretty much all negative.
    Just had a look - yikes! That is not a comment section you want to see under a NAMM video if you are in anyway connected with the guitar company concerned.

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited January 2020
    RC seems like a decent fellow and has worked hard to get his business off the ground. I just can't help thinking he'd make a good Viz character.

"Rob Chappers. He Plays like the Clappers." or some tag line like that.

In this cartoon strip everything is turned towards Chappers and his ego.

He's walking down the street (with his chums, The "Chaptain" and Chabea) when he passes a Big Issue seller. "Big Issue. sir?"

"Greeeetings!" exclaims our hero. "No, my good man, I have a better idea. You must take the Chappers Challenge! I will donate one of my BS-1 electric guitars to your good self and you will appear in my YouTube video whilst proclaiming how charitable I am."

Then they go to the pub for a pint. "Fancy a Guinness, Chappers?" asks Chabea. "No, my Afro'd friend. I have a better idea. You must take the Chappers Challenge! I will donate..." and so on...

Any decent cartoonists here?

21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:
    RC seems like a decent fellow and has worked hard to get his business off the ground. I just can't help thinking he'd make a good Viz character.

"Rob Chappers. He Plays like the Clappers." or some tag line like that.

In this cartoon strip everything is turned towards Chappers and his ego.

He's walking down the street (with his chums, The "Chaptain" and Chabea) when he passes a Big Issue seller. "Big Issue. sir?"

"Greeeetings!" exclaims our hero. "No, my good man, I have a better idea. You must take the Chappers Challenge! I will donate one of my BS-1 electric guitars to your good self and you will appear in my YouTube video whilst proclaiming how charitable I am."

Then they go to the pub for a pint. "Fancy a Guinness, Chappers?" asks Chabea. "No, my Afro'd friend. I have a better idea. You must take the Chappers Challenge! I will donate..." and so on...

Any decent cartoonists here?

That’s brilliant
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    I am off to join the Chapman Forum...
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said:
    I am off to join the Chapman Forum...
    You’ll maybe find it amusing that 90%+ of the members there, inc me, don’t own or follow the brand. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader

Just had a look - yikes! That is not a comment section you want to see under a NAMM video if you are in anyway connected with the guitar company concerned.

It seems apt that the platform he used to build himself up will ultimately bring him down. I still want to believe he’s a good guy, I think internet mob mentality is taking over re the YouTube comments. But his rise and journey is well documented on there, it’s a shame how it’s all gone. 

Incidentally, I was one of the buyers of the very first ML1 back on the Rob Chapman forum. And it was fun to watch his videos early on. But at some point the whole thing shifted and the momentum changed. He has chosen to portray an image to the world via social media but of course as life happens you will gain many friends and enemies (how many enemies is based on what sort of person you are). I hope this all settles down... Rob has a monumental task ahead to put things right, if he even wants to. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    ^ or “Rob’s a bellend so I don’t want one of his guitars,” which is the risk to the business at this point in time. 
    Well yes exactly. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    tony99 said:
    Does he still do Kung Fu and does anyone know what discipline he practices and also how far he progressed?
    Is there something you'd like to say about him but scared to incase he kills you?
    I said he had "feet like monster munch" in the last thread and I'm still walking around safely. His powers are obviously growing weak.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Theres a guy in the comments claiming to have sold both his Chapmans after listening to Rob's response video...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4837
    edited January 2020
    At the end of the day, some of the stuff he has said and done have dented his reputation but are still open to interpretation depending on the direction you approach it from. (ie: if you dislike him ready or think he's a decent bloke) The Riff City stuff is probably the worst thing to come out of all this, that does make him look like a liar and worst of all damages his nice guy done good persona. 

This won't be the end of him or the brand I think, but hopefully it will check his ego a tad which has grown a bit too big. All the folks commenting on the Andertons video were probably never in the market for a Chapman and just want to pile in as usual, mob mentality and all that. I wouldn't buy a Chapman either before or after this kerfuffle. Not my cup of cha, but that's not down to Rob they just aren't my thing. There are others in guitar land that have done far worse (Vertex springs to mind) and they're still going, probably doing even better than before. We'll likely never see the British Standard line, that was always a bit pie in the sky though.

He'll probably keep his head down a bit now and wait for things to calm down. One of his last videos where he's walking down the street in the US (something I've been meaning to say, or something?) I think you can see a slightly reticent character who has realised he has messed up and now he has no idea what to do but his ego and his business are preventing him making a proper apology or even attempting one. Or possibly he's avoiding making one so he doesn't dig a bigger hole for himself.

Who knows, but either way.... Whoops!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• the_butlerthe_butler Frets: 107
    edited January 2020
    mixolyd said:
    mixolyd said:

Not sure which video this comment came from but how did this play out? What was Chappers response?

i think some of the commenters here might be little naive on the YouTube commenting system and how large channels influence it.  By replying to Adam’s threatening comment, Chapman is promoting it to his many followers.  This is roughly equivalent to making a post stickied at the top of this forum, or giving it >100 upvotes on Reddit.  The information-free content of his reply makes sense here - he’s not really trying to say anything, just making sure the comment is seen by his followers who will then upvote it.

The mere 8 minutes between the two comments supports KDH’s accusation that Chapman has published his video targeting KDH for harassment, then gone to KDH’s video to watch his followers carry out said harassment and amplify the most heinous example.  At this point, KDH is forced to either remove the comments (knowing more are on the way) or remove the video which is what he did.  Chapman wins: another good day for Chappers PLC.

Or 'Adam' perhaps is a sock account of Chapman's, admittedly speculation, but 8 minutes is a pretty fast response time
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Who’s Rob Chapman?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    PC_Dave said:
    Who’s Rob Chapman?
    Billionaire businessman / chart topping rock frontman / kung fu master
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4837
    With massive online POWERRRRRRRRR!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.