Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar documentary subject-as-in-individuals-ideas.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• It might be interesting to document the two tribes of guitarists - the old fart cork-sniffing obsessives who drool over bursts but hardly ever play, and the young kids who just pick up a Squier and play festivals with it, probably have never heard of alnico and play through whatever backline they're given by the venue.  They couldn't be more different in outlook or motivation, but are still both classed as guitarists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6734
    Again, after subjects as in individuals or companies, not topics! But cheers. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't know much about them as a company (ie: whether they're worthy of a documentary), but what about Daemoness?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• soma1975 said:
    Appreciate you taking the time mate but it's quite a specific thing I'm after which is why the OP explains it all. 

There's no investor outside a equipment recycling firm that would pay to be associated with that subject/documentary. 

EDIT:  sorry, didn't mean to sound like a prick
    No worries. Probably already been mentioned but makers using different materials etc could be interesting. Can't recall the French company who make the aluminium guitars. There's also an Italian company called Nude guitars who make some beauties, but I suppose it's not a new topicis it...
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6734
    I think people building at the cutting edge (whatever that means) could be great. Cheers. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Is the guitar dead?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33834
    "Cognitive Dissonance 101: Rosewood vs maple fingerboards."
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18942
    JerkMoans said:
    Cheeky, ROFL.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Have you considered Relish guitars?
    They’re not everyone’s cup of tea but being able to whip the magnetic back of the guitar off and magnetic pickup changes at will is quite cool. 

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14558
    soma1975 said:
    Which players are turning the guitar into something new, musically?  
    I am not convinced that anybody is.

Once upon a time, guitarists attempted to learn riffs and licks from vinyl records. In failing to achieve perfectly accurate imitations, something new/original might be arrived at. 

Nowadays, there is no shortage of audio-visual tuition with manuscript and/or tablature. Consequently, the cover versions being performed live are more accurate but truly original ideas seem increasingly scarce.

I would like to be able to say that Adrian Belew is still exploring unknown sonic territory. Unfortunately, most of the time, he is just being his own tribute act.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3403
    Rob chapman, paul davids, mick taylor, Danish pete, rabea etc...
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    The contrast between The impact of technology  in kit and technique (Kemper, Helix, Axefx, looping, digital fx, etc) and the traditionalists (high quality low volume boutique gear so some makers from her, amp builders, etc)

neirher is right or wrong but a contract piece might be good?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • soma1975 said:
    Which players are turning the guitar into something new, musically?  
    I am not convinced that anybody is.

Once upon a time, guitarists attempted to learn riffs and licks from vinyl records. In failing to achieve perfectly accurate imitations, something new/original might be arrived at. 

Nowadays, there is no shortage of audio-visual tuition with manuscript and/or tablature. Consequently, the cover versions being performed live are more accurate but truly original ideas seem increasingly scarce.

I would like to be able to say that Adrian Belew is still exploring unknown sonic territory. Unfortunately, most of the time, he is just being his own tribute act.
    I'd add Kurt Rosenwinkel, on occasion